X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post

On to the Draft......

#20- Jarrad Davis ILB Florida

2nd (TRADE)- We trade up in the 2nd using one of our 3rd comp picks for- NT Carlos Watkins Clemson

3rd- RB Joe Mixon Oklahoma

3rd (TRADE)- I would trade this pick for DE Sheldon Richardson from the Jets

4th- TE Jeremy Sprinkle Arkansas: Dude is 6'6" and 255lbs

4th- Adam Bisnowaty OL Pitt

6th- Tyquan Lewis OLB Ohio State

7th- Derrick Nnadi NT Florida State
    Like I said before, I like your free agency moves. Now for some constructive criticism on your draft choices:

I know you have a draft crush on Jarrad Davis. I think he's a good ILB. To me, he does not seem instinctive, or have good pursuit angles in the running game, often over-running the hole. When he gets there, he does bring it. It's just the getting there that concerns me. I would love to be able to move up to get Foster. To me, he is heads and shoulders above any other ILB in this draft. Knowing that is a pipe dream, I wouldn't be angry if Robinson, Ramczyk, or Peppers were our first pick.

While I acknowledge we need a nose tackle, I would rather get one via Free Agency than draft one. Especially giving up picks to move up in the second round. I would rather move up in the second and take Forrest Lamp.

Mixon is interesting. If he were there in the 3rd, I would have no problem taking him there. I think his off-the-field issues are behind him. Hopefully, he has learned from his mistakes and grown up a little.

I don't want any part of trading for Sheldon Richardson. Although physically gifted, I feel like this guy is a locker room cancer. I would not want him anywhere near this team. I'd rather fill this hole with another free agent.

Sprinkle is an interesting prospect. I personally like another big TE-Jordan Leggett out of Clemson with one of our 3rd round picks. To me Leggett is more versatile in both receiving and blocking. It's just a personal preference, though.

I don't mind drafting Bosnowaty, but I think he will be available in the 5-6 round range. Drafting him in the 4th round could be considered a reach.

Anything after the 4th round is really a crapshoot. I think it's senseless to argue either way (for or against) players.

I commend you on putting something out there this early. I don't even have my top four draft positions locked in yet.
    qbronco
    Lifelong Fan
    Last edited by qbronco; 02-20-2017, 03:36 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
      Like I said before, I like your free agency moves. Now for some constructive criticism on your draft choices:

I know you have a draft crush on Jarrad Davis. I think he's a good ILB. To me, he does not seem instinctive, or have good pursuit angles in the running game, often over-running the hole. When he gets there, he does bring it. It's just the getting there that concerns me. I would love to be able to move up to get Foster. To me, he is heads and shoulders above any other ILB in this draft. Knowing that is a pipe dream, I wouldn't be angry if Robinson, Ramczyk, or Peppers were our first pick.

While I acknowledge we need a nose tackle, I would rather get one via Free Agency than draft one. Especially giving up picks to move up in the second round. I would rather move up in the second and take Forrest Lamp.

Nixon is interesting. If he were there in the 3rd, I would have no problem taking him there. I think his off-the-field issues are behind him. Hopefully, he has learned from his mistakes and grown up a little.

I don't want any part of trading for Sheldon Richardson. Although physically gifted, I feel like this guy is a locker room cancer. I would not want him anywhere near this team. I'd rather fill this hole with another free agent.

Sprinkle is an interesting prospect. I personally like another big TE-Jordan Leggett out of Clemson with one of our 3rd round picks. To me Leggett is more versatile in both receiving and blocking. It's just a personal preference, though.

I don't mind drafting Bosnowaty, but I think he will be available in the 5-6 round range. Drafting him in the 4th round could be considered a reach.

Anything after the 4th round is really a crapshoot. I think it's senseless to argue either way (for or against) players.

I commend you on putting something out there this early. I don't even have my top four draft positions locked in yet.
      Thanks you for the detailed criticisms. I truly appreciate it. As for my response...

I to love Foster, but I don't see a realistic scenario where he is within a reason shot. I see Cincy taking him at 9, and that's if he doesn't go as early as 5 to Tenn (which I have seen a mock or 2 with him there).

While I would love a good NT via FA we cannot afford one of the top options IMO. Our biggest need is OL and that is where a majority of our cap needs to go. Poe, Short, etc will cost close to if not more than all OL options we have. That's why I went the draft route. Watkins is everything I want in a NT.

As for Richardson, I would love and really want Campbell, but same arguement for NT in FA goes here. Just not enough money to go around unless Wagner, Zietler, and Campbell can reasonably fit I the cap to allow a few roll player guys like Mitchell and a slot WR or something.

I agree with you again about Leggett. He would be my primary target, but alas he is likely to be taken before we should think about taking a TE. Leggett could easily go in the 2nd.

The few mocks I was going off of for late value all had Bisnowaty in the late 4th to mid 5th range. Since we don't have a 5th I took him with our 4th. I like his potential and possibility of versatility.

Again, thank you for the criticism. I am not a cap guy or know how all these contracts really work to fit in cap constraints. If we can construe a few to fit guys like Wagner, Zietler, Campbell, Patterson, and Mitchell, then my next mock will definitely have that list in it. Then my draft would reflect differently with these FA selections.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
        Thanks you for the detailed criticisms. I truly appreciate it. As for my response...

I to love Foster, but I don't see a realistic scenario where he is within a reason shot. I see Cincy taking him at 9, and that's if he doesn't go as early as 5 to Tenn (which I have seen a mock or 2 with him there).

While I would love a good NT via FA we cannot afford one of the top options IMO. Our biggest need is OL and that is where a majority of our cap needs to go. Poe, Short, etc will cost close to if not more than all OL options we have. That's why I went the draft route. Watkins is everything I want in a NT.

As for Richardson, I would love and really want Campbell, but same arguement for NT in FA goes here. Just not enough money to go around unless Wagner, Zietler, and Campbell can reasonably fit I the cap to allow a few roll player guys like Mitchell and a slot WR or something.

I agree with you again about Leggett. He would be my primary target, but alas he is likely to be taken before we should think about taking a TE. Leggett could easily go in the 2nd.

The few mocks I was going off of for late value all had Bisnowaty in the late 4th to mid 5th range. Since we don't have a 5th I took him with our 4th. I like his potential and possibility of versatility.

Again, thank you for the criticism. I am not a cap guy or know how all these contracts really work to fit in cap constraints. If we can construe a few to fit guys like Wagner, Zietler, Campbell, Patterson, and Mitchell, then my next mock will definitely have that list in it. Then my draft would reflect differently with these FA selections.
        No problem. It's early. I think a lot of our mock drafts will change after free agency, the combine, and pre-draft workouts. It's still fun to speculate!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
          No problem. It's early. I think a lot of our mock drafts will change after free agency, the combine, and pre-draft workouts. It's still fun to speculate!
          Yea I try and have 1 mock before the combine and 1 just before the real draft every year. I used to do one every other day I felt like, but they get crazy if you do that. Just doing the 2 a year is fun.
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Working...
          X