Alshon Jeffery anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alshon Jeffery anyone?

He is set to be a FA after a report came out recently saying Chicago will not tag him. He likely will be chasing money and could end up a Patriot honestly. In the slim likelihood he comes cheap enough, due to past injury history, would you consider him or is he to high priced with DT and Sanders already on board?
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    He is set to be a FA after a report came out recently saying Chicago will not tag him. He likely will be chasing money and could end up a Patriot honestly. In the slim likelihood he comes cheap enough, due to past injury history, would you consider him or is he to high priced with DT and Sanders already on board?
    I would say no. We need a good 3rd WR, not another 1st WR.

Comment

Chase money and patriots don't really belong in the same sentence. If I was a betting man, I would be he goes to the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Chase money and patriots don't really belong in the same sentence. If I was a betting man, I would be he goes to the Eagles.
        I know, but the Pats have needed a WR for a while. And He would fit in well with them.

Comment

I still say we look at Kendall Wright on like a 2-3 year deal. See how he does. I say we cut everyone except ES, DT and Sunshine....and Raymond simply for KR/PR.
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

He's going to command a lot of money and will be paid like a #1 WR. We have too much money tied up to DT and Manny already. Like someone mentioned above I could see Philly going after him hard, as well as Tennessee.
            2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              I still say we look at Kendall Wright on like a 2-3 year deal. See how he does. I say we cut everyone except ES, DT and Sunshine....and Raymond simply for KR/PR.
              What do you think of Britt and putting Sanders in the slot?

Comment

Sanders is a much better WR than Britt so I wouldn't like that move. Sanders has proven time and time again while in Denver he's more than capable of being an outside receiver.

We do however need a third option in the passing game, whether that be another WR or a TE.
                2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosk View Post
                  Sanders is a much better WR than Britt so I wouldn't like that move. Sanders has proven time and time again while in Denver he's more than capable of being an outside receiver.

We do however need a third option in the passing game, whether that be another WR or a TE.
                  But on those 3rd down plays moving Sanders inside against a lesser CB or LB would be a matchup nightmare. I tend to like big guys on the outside and DT and Britt are huge. With the route running and speed of Sanders, not many could match up with him. He would also be a quick outlet in case of pressure.

Comment

Kendall Wright is a legitimate pothead. He would not be set up for success in Denver.
                    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Sanders has shown he can play outside....and excels in that position. Although he doesn't mind getting hit and still making the catch....I don't want to put him in that situation for an entire season. I think we should look for a guy who plays the slot and keep Sanders on the outside. He is our best deep threat.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

Sanders has shown he can play outside....and excels in that position. Although he doesn't mind getting hit and still making the catch....I don't want to put him in that situation for an entire season. I think we should look for a guy who plays the slot and keep Sanders on the outside. He is our best deep threat.
                        Maybe bring in Woodhead to play the slot?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncinSeattle View Post
                          Maybe bring in Woodhead to play the slot?
                          That would not be a bad idea. In any case, I would welcome Woodhead here. He would be a weapon, especially considering McCoy

Comment

Why do we need another high dollar receiver when our Qb's can't get through their progressions fast enough? I would start DT, ES, and when you want 3 WR's bring in Sunshine and put ES in the slot. Then keep a couple backups such as Latimer and Raymond. I just don't want to spend a lot of dough on another receiver when we have so may other holes to fill.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

As awesome as Alshon would be, breaking the bank for another WR might not be the play here

He'd take denvers offense from bad/decent to pretty filthy though

That'd be fun to watch

Comment

Working...
                              X