Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Browns and Trevor Siemian

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cleveland Browns and Trevor Siemian

    I was just talked to a few Cleveland fans while here in Cleveland for work. And they all agreed and said they wish the Browns would go full force in Free agency picking up Latavis Muarry keeping Crowell, Pryor and adding Desean Jackson or Brandon Marshall drafting Myle Garret and OJ Howard in the first and McCarffery in the second. Here's the kicker.. they said they would LOVE to have Trevor Siemian be their QB with his price of under a million and a 3rd round pick it would take to acquire him

    I found all of this very interesting, and started wondering to myself do us as Bronco fans not see the potential that others see in Siemian?

  • #2
    If we could get a third for Siemian, that would be incredible. Then pick up Romo for 2 years while Paxton is groomed.
    sigpic
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

    Comment


    • #3
      I just saw were mayock was suggesting the Browns would grab Garrett or Allen at 1 and trade 12 to the Pats for Garoppolo....like a first? is he really worth that? Annnnnnnnnd do you really want to give the Pats the 12th pick in the first round? You gotta play defense against them all year round and that includes draft time.

      Comment


      • #4
        If the browns make a move for a QB that comes from the front office and not hue Jackson. Kessler is hues guy and he probably wants to spend those picks elsewhere. I'm really surprised there hasn't been any trade chatter for the #1 pick.

        Comment


        • #5
          A 3rd would be good value for Siemian right now. Giving up a first for Garrapolo seems like a huge risk. I sure wouldn't do that based upon a couple games. To the OP's question, I think the jury's still out on Siemian. I don't think Siemian was the limiting factor last season. OTOH, he couldn't overcome the line play. I'm not sure any QB could really, possibly excepting Rodgers and Russel. I'd like to see what Siemian could do with even average protection and non-zero contribution from the run game. He may have more upside, but we just can't tell with the line play. If the FO believes Lynch is the long term, then where does Siemian fit? If the Browns offer a 3rd, I could see it being hard to turn down.

          Comment


          • #6
            I would trade Seimien and our 2nd for Joe Thomas.
            New England Patriots GM

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              I would trade Seimien and our 2nd for Joe Thomas.
              I think our second alone could prob get Joe Thomas. I would make it a 3rd or 4th and Trevor. But this won't happen

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                I was just talked to a few Cleveland fans while here in Cleveland for work. And they all agreed and said they wish the Browns would go full force in Free agency picking up Latavis Muarry keeping Crowell, Pryor and adding Desean Jackson or Brandon Marshall drafting Myle Garret and OJ Howard in the first and McCarffery in the second. Here's the kicker.. they said they would LOVE to have Trevor Siemian be their QB with his price of under a million and a 3rd round pick it would take to acquire him

                I found all of this very interesting, and started wondering to myself do us as Bronco fans not see the potential that others see in Siemian?
                C'mon do you realize the odds of 3 fans in total sync on 7 distinct things?
                thats gotta be a really big number
                Last edited by Messerschmitt; 02-28-2017, 01:06 PM. Reason: typo

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hue likes Kessler

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Messerschmitt View Post
                    C'mon do you realize the odds of 3 fans in total sync on 7 distinct things?
                    thats gotta be a really big number
                    I agree, it's tough enough to find 3 fans on this board who can agree on two things, finding a group that has a consensus would be almost impossible. Unless you run it like a survey:

                    The Browns should sign Latavius Murray: do you strongly agree, somewhat agree, have no opinion, somewhat disagree or strongly disagree?

                    Okay next question:

                    With the 1st pick in the draft the Browns should take...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Or I was at a pub and they were talking football and I joined in on the conversation. These guys seemed like they were best friends for awhile. All in the mid 60s. They seemed very football knowledgeable. Even noted that most FA super teams don't go far but a 8-9 win season would do wonders for the city and fans. They were brain storming on what would bring the fans and winning attitude back to the team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                        They were brain storming on what would bring the fans and winning attitude back to the team.
                        The first thing they need to do is trade franchises with Baltimore, that would start things in the right direction. If that doesn't happen, they can wish in one hand and do something else in the other and see which one fills up first.

                        There is no "bringing winning attitude back" because that franchise that is there has never had a winning attitude. In order to bring something back, they would have to have had whatever they lost in the first place. That "winning attitude" left with a guy named Ozzie Newsome. Check and see where he is at and you will find that "winning attitude".
                        Last edited by Charlie Brown; 02-28-2017, 07:43 PM.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                        The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                          Or I was at a pub and they were talking football and I joined in on the conversation. These guys seemed like they were best friends for awhile. All in the mid 60s. They seemed very football knowledgeable. Even noted that most FA super teams don't go far but a 8-9 win season would do wonders for the city and fans. They were brain storming on what would bring the fans and winning attitude back to the team.
                          For all of those on here scratching there heads at these types of comments I say this...Mike Mayock in his QandA threw out some really interesting stats. Effectively drafting a franchise QB in the 1st round has a 20 percent hit rate based on the stats.

                          So if a team has a QB who has played a few games and shown he can win at the NFL level and he has 2 years or so with cost control at a position which is nearly always the most expensive....then why not trade a 1st for that? While the alternative is drafting a guy in the 1st with no NFL game experience and hope he is in the 20 percent....

                          Also keeping in mind that Cleveland has two 1st round picks. So again you get to pick a top guy at 1 (in the Cleveland example) and then if they traded for Trevor even if they traded their 2nd for him they'd get an NFL starter with a winning record and still be able to get another top playmaker with their 12th overall pick. A similar scenario could come into play for AJ (Cincinatti). Again even if Jimmy G gets picked up for a 1st rounder Cleveland has the first overall and their 2nd to grab top tier talent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            For all of those on here scratching there heads at these types of comments I say this...Mike Mayock in his QandA threw out some really interesting stats. Effectively drafting a franchise QB in the 1st round has a 20 percent hit rate based on the stats.

                            So if a team has a QB who has played a few games and shown he can win at the NFL level and he has 2 years or so with cost control at a position which is nearly always the most expensive....then why not trade a 1st for that? While the alternative is drafting a guy in the 1st with no NFL game experience and hope he is in the 20 percent....

                            Also keeping in mind that Cleveland has two 1st round picks. So again you get to pick a top guy at 1 (in the Cleveland example) and then if they traded for Trevor even if they traded their 2nd for him they'd get an NFL starter with a winning record and still be able to get another top playmaker with their 12th overall pick. A similar scenario could come into play for AJ (Cincinatti). Again even if Jimmy G gets picked up for a 1st rounder Cleveland has the first overall and their 2nd to grab top tier talent.
                            I can't see them trading for McCarron, just too much hatred between the Bengals and Browns and the fact they're division rivals. If the Bengals were willing to trade him to the Browns then the Browns should start to question why they would trade him?

                            With the shoulder surgery and possibly not being able to throw until June, I'm not sure anyone would trade for Siemian this year, especially since he can't pass a physical for a few more months. I think he's in Denver for the 2017 season, unless a QB gets injured during training camp and Siemian has shown that his shoulder is back and he's ready to go.

                            I think they'll probably over pay for Garropolo, especially since they're likely the only serious bidder, but given the track record of Patriots backups outside of their system, I'm not sure that's the best move for them.

                            I agree that drafting isn't always the best way to go, especially with so many question marks around QBs this year. But they might be best just waiting to see which QB falls to the beginning of the second round.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                              Or I was at a pub and they were talking football and I joined in on the conversation. These guys seemed like they were best friends for awhile. All in the mid 60s. They seemed very football knowledgeable. Even noted that most FA super teams don't go far but a 8-9 win season would do wonders for the city and fans. They were brain storming on what would bring the fans and winning attitude back to the team.

                              Fair enough. That makes sense. The way your initial post was worded I was picturing you going around talking to various people around town and getting a consensus. But talking to a group of people like that makes sense. I stand corrected and apologize for my remarks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X