Cleveland Browns and Trevor Siemian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I can't see them trading for McCarron, just too much hatred between the Bengals and Browns and the fact they're division rivals. If the Bengals were willing to trade him to the Browns then the Browns should start to question why they would trade him?

With the shoulder surgery and possibly not being able to throw until June, I'm not sure anyone would trade for Siemian this year, especially since he can't pass a physical for a few more months. I think he's in Denver for the 2017 season, unless a QB gets injured during training camp and Siemian has shown that his shoulder is back and he's ready to go.

I think they'll probably over pay for Garropolo, especially since they're likely the only serious bidder, but given the track record of Patriots backups outside of their system, I'm not sure that's the best move for them.

I agree that drafting isn't always the best way to go, especially with so many question marks around QBs this year. But they might be best just waiting to see which QB falls to the beginning of the second round.
    Right but that is my point. Trevor for the Mid-to-near future will be a better player and ius/was a proven starter in the NFL. So if you saying grab a QB in the 2nd...with Trevor having another year of cost control at the position and the Browns still having RGIII as a backup there why not trade the 2nd for a guy who won games ta the NFL level? He is surely better option than a rookie year one QB from a class which is a consensus weak QB class - period. So another option would be us moving up to number 12. The browns getting our 1st and 2nd and we get their 1st and 2nd and a 5th. That allows us a double move up so we can build a better team in the draft This is all based on the value of Trevor being at a second rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      Right but that is my point. Trevor for the Mid-to-near future will be a better player and ius/was a proven starter in the NFL. So if you saying grab a QB in the 2nd...with Trevor having another year of cost control at the position and the Browns still having RGIII as a backup there why not trade the 2nd for a guy who won games ta the NFL level? He is surely better option than a rookie year one QB from a class which is a consensus weak QB class - period. So another option would be us moving up to number 12. The browns getting our 1st and 2nd and we get their 1st and 2nd and a 5th. That allows us a double move up so we can build a better team in the draft This is all based on the value of Trevor being at a second rounder.
      From Denver's point of view though, what teams would offer for a player who can't currently pass a physical won't be very much. I think you'd be looking at a conditional 2018 pick, is that really worth their while at this point?

And from Cleveland's point of view, it's an injured player who will either miss or be very limited in offseason workouts. He'd be moving into an offense that different than what he's used to, both in terminology and system. Would they be willing to give up anything of note at this point for that?

If Siemian were healthy it would make some sense, without him being healthy I'm not sure it makes any sense.

Comment

If I was CLE's GM I would draft the following:

R1p1 OLB Myles Garrett Texas A&M
        Myles Garrett and Jamie Collins would make dominant bookend OLBs.

R1p12 ILB Reuben Foster Alabama
        Easily the best ILB and just adds to an insane LB core.

R2p1 DL Caleb Brantley Florida
        Bryant – Shelton – Brantley would make a stout DL.

R2p20 CB/KR Adoree' Jackson USC
        Benefits from learning with Joe Hayden.

R3p1 RB/WR Curtis Samuel Ohio State
        Speedy playmaker to compliment T. Pryor.

R4p1 OL Ethan Pocic LSU
        Can play G or C. Great depth player.

R4p35 RB/KR Joe Mixon Oklahoma
        Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson and Joe Mixon, yikes!

R5p1 S Lorenzo Jerome Saint Francis
        Much needed ball hawk S.

R5p31 CB/KR Brendan Langley Lamar
        Helps solidify last year’s weak CB core.

R5p37 OT Will Holden Vanderbilt
        Potential replacement for J. Thomas.

R6p1 OLB Josh Carraway TCU
        Depth player with solid production.

To solve the QB issue, I would roll with with RG3 (under contract),
        and try to sign: EJ Manuel and Geno Smith or Tony Romo.

Then next year worry about QB. CLE has an opportunity to
        build a crazy good Defense.

Comment

That is a dream scenario that everyone after Garrett falls to those slotted picks. Hell there is talk that San Fran could take Foster at number 2. And Dixon has a range of 1-3....but we all know if he makes it to the top of the third some team will gamble and trade up for him. I would be very surprised if Curtis Samuel made it to the third. Any Browns fan should be delighted with this wishful thinking mock.
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            That is a dream scenario that everyone after Garrett falls to those slotted picks. Hell there is talk that San Fran could take Foster at number 2. And Dixon has a range of 1-3....but we all know if he makes it to the top of the third some team will gamble and trade up for him. I would be very surprised if Curtis Samuel made it to the third. Any Browns fan should be delighted with this wishful thinking mock.
            I was about to say the same. Brantley is likely to go to the Lions or Raiders IMO. About everyone after is about a round late.
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
              I was about to say the same. Brantley is likely to go to the Lions or Raiders IMO. About everyone after is about a round late.
              If the raiders draft Brantley you think that means they are probably cutting Williams? Rumor was they wanted him to take a pay cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                I used the 2/28 updated Fanspeak big board and team needs
                SIM draft application and drafted accordingly.

The point I was trying to make which I apparently failed
                was CLE has an opportunity to build a stout team via the draft
                given their favorable draft order and number of picks.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                  If I was CLE's GM I would draft the following:

Garrett Texas A&M
                  [/B]Myles Garrett and Jamie Collins would make dominant bookend OLBs.

R3p1 RB/WR Curtis Samuel Ohio State
                  Speedy playmaker to compliment Terrelle Pryor.

Then next year worry about QB. CLE has an opportunity to
                  build a crazy good Defense.
                  Pryor is a free agent and so, is not on that "team". So, they have no real WR's and in this mock they ignore that fact until the 3rd round?
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                    Pryor is a free agent and so, is not on that "team". So, they have no real WR's and in this mock they ignore that fact until the 3rd round?
                    Oh dear...I assumed in my quick CLE draft mock it was clear
                    that (I as in me) T. Pryor would be re-signed. My bad.

T. Pryor was arguably CLE's playmaking WR and they should
                    look into re-signing him.

According to Overthecap CLE has over 100M in cap space,
                    they can sign several key FA WRs to round out this draft scenario.

"On team"
                    Terrelle Pryor (re-signed)
                    Corey Coleman ('16 R1, P15)
                    Curtis Samuel (R)
                    Josh Gordon (final year, pending reinstatement)
                    Ricardo Louis
                    Jordan Payton
                    Josh Boyce

Potential FA WR
                    Alshon Jeffery
                    Vincent Jackson

CLE has the potential to do some great things.
                    I will be keeping an eye out on their draft since
                    the draft is my favorite aspect of football.

Comment

CLE has the potential to do some great things.
                      I will be keeping an eye out on their draft since
                      the draft is my favorite aspect of football.
                      I highly doubt that. "Great" and this incarnation of that team have never been in the same sentence, other than "Great Disappointment".

I fully expect that "team" will do the only thing it knows - squander away any and all opportunities. Pryor won't be resigned - he's coming off a year where he developed an ego. After having a 1 win season that he was very vocal about - why would he want to resign? He'll go to another team and disappear as his "talents" will not stand out on an actual NFL calliber team.

Personally it wouldn't surprise me if this team does worse than last season - they can easily go 0-16. But, realistically I fully anticipate them going 3-13 or somewhere in that range.

Having "Moneyball" in charge and having $100+ million to spend doesn't mean they'll spend the money. This GM likes things on the cheap.

Comment

Potential FA WR
                        Alshon Jeffery
                        Vincent Jackson
                        I highly doubt Moneyball will target those players. Those are big names that will demand large salaries. Also, after dealing with one PED player in Gordon, they'll avoid Jeffery for his PED incident. He'll look at players like:

1. Michael Floyd
                        2. Kenny Stills
                        3. Kendall Wright
                        4. Cordsrelle Patterson
                        5. Ted Ginn

These players won't demand a large salary like Jeffery and Jackson.

Comment

I highly doubt Moneyball will target those players. Those are big names that will demand large salaries. Also, after dealing with one PED player in Gordon, they'll avoid Jeffery for his PED incident. He'll look at players like:

1. Michael Floyd
                          2. Kenny Stills
                          3. Kendall Wright
                          4. Cordsrelle Patterson
                          5. Ted Ginn

These players won't demand a large salary like Jeffery and Jackson.
                          I agree.

I specifically used the WRs above to prove a point that
                          CLE has the cap space to sign them if they want. If they do, that's
                          another story.

Good luck to you and your team. :thumb:

Comment

Good luck to you and your team. :thumb:
                            I actually don't follow football much anymore. I lost interest and came to the point where I realized that that team will never be the Browns and that the Browns are - for lack of a better word - dead.

So, there is no "team" that is mine in the NFL.

Comment

I actually don't follow football much anymore. I lost interest and came to the point where I realized that that team will never be the Browns and that the Browns are - for lack of a better word - dead.

So, there is no "team" that is mine in the NFL.
                              I understand your POV and can sympathize with you.

Interestingly enough, the year after DEN's Championship season
                              (this past NFL season) I realized my Broncos fanaticism did not
                              add or offer anything of value to my life.

I'm originally from California, and in third grade, I picked DEN
                              because I liked the logo, team colors, and wanted to be different
                              from everyone else. This fandom led me to spend roughly $10K
                              every season traveling to Broncos games year after year.
                              I could have spent that money on a Porsche! lol

DEN is still my "team," but I'm more of an overall football
                              (scheme, draft, strategy, etc.,) fan now.

So I get you. Regardless, good luck to you and CLE.

Comment

In my dream scenario, we would trade our 1st round pick and Siemian to Cleveland for their #12 pick. Reuben Foster would be the target.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X