O-Line height and weight measures from the combine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Line height and weight measures from the combine

Here's a link to the measurements from the offensive linemen, Zach Banner from USC is a big dude, 6'8 353 pounds big!

http://walterfootball.com/combine2017OL.php

Cam Robinson is a prototype LT with 35 1/2" arms. Maybe he will go in the top 10, with the Panthers a strong possibility at #8. Michael Oher remains in the concussion protocol.

Ryan Ramczyk has enough arm length with 33 3/4", same as Taylor Decker. I think Decker is a fair comparison to Ramczyk. The hip surgery is a concern.

Garrett Bolles has the age issue and 297 pounds is too light for an OT. Bolles is extremely athletic with quick feet, but he will need power to contain NFL edge rushers and move them in the run game. How much weight can he add and carry during the season?

Antonio Garcia and several other players had their arms measured incorrectly at the Senior Bowl. 33 3/8" arms put him back in the OT conversation he will probably be the #4 OT taken. He has a weight issue like Bolles. He ate some hamburgers and got up to 302, but he weighed 293 pounds at the Senior Bowl. His movement skills are impressive and he might sneak into the end of the 1st round.

Forrest Lamp should also be in the 1st round conversation. Arm length 32 1/4", better than how it was measured at the Senior Bowl. Plug-and-play OG that might be able to play OT in an emergency.

Watch these players "rise up draft boards" as the Combine goes on. Happens every year.
    sigpic

Comment

The tackle I hope we target, maybe not at 20 but at some point in the draft, is Roderick Johnson.

6'7 298 36 inch arms.

Seems a little on the light side for his height but I think he could be a really good LT for us.
      A book I wrote

Comment

Bolles at 298 is concerning. I've also heard some scouts have concerns about his playing strength as well. Undersized and needs to get stronger all at 25, those are some flags being raised.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Avery Gennesy is one that I like. he is currently projected around 5th round which I think would be a steal
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
            The tackle I hope we target, maybe not at 20 but at some point in the draft, is Roderick Johnson.

6'7 298 36 inch arms.

Seems a little on the light side for his height but I think he could be a really good LT for us.
            Roderick is someone I'm also interested in. I hate to pick up another developmental tackle but rather get high impact guys in the earlier rounds.

He has good strength and apparently his weight is well preportioned(http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...son?id=2558114) so it's possible he could add a good amount of weight.
            2011 Adopted Bronco: Rahim Moore

Comment

I looked at the RB height/weight and I like a few more RBs right now.

Kareem Hunt
              Marlon Mack
              Wayne Gallman

These guys look great on tape and have great size. They are mid round guys, and wouldn't mind any of these guys.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

As for OL, I also like the idea of Garcia, Davenport, and Dawkins. They seem to have good size, and at least I know Dawkins can play inside as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                  I looked at the RB height/weight and I like a few more RBs right now.

Kareem Hunt
                  Marlon Mack
                  Wayne Gallman

These guys look great on tape and have great size. They are mid round guys, and wouldn't mind any of these guys.
                  hunt is a great pick at his projected 3rd round.
                  sigpic

Comment

Brian Hill out of Wyoming is intriguing, a big back with speed.

Comment

Zach Banner or bust

Seriously though he is pretty athletic for his size and has a great head on his shoulders

Comment

Aviante Collins...wow, 4.78 40 time. Impressive for his size and 34 bench press reps.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                          Aviante Collins...wow, 4.78 40 time. Impressive for his size and 34 bench press reps.
                          Yes that is. What round was he projected, and what is his name?

I saw Lamp had a great bench. Something like 33 reps or so. Dawkins also had a good bench.

Comment

Bolles and Lamp are getting love for their athleticism, and rightfully so. However, Cam Robinson is having a very good combine at 320. If he's there at 20 thats who I'd take, and let him groom at RT.

Comment

Banner is also very personnable, and gave a great interview. He'll be a fan favorite wherever he goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X