No announcement yet.

Cowboys & redskins & 49ers trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting new twist. Going to be interesting to see what the final details are. Redskins have to be getting more the Romo. And the Cowboys can't be getting too much.

Why would Romo want to be traded to Washington? He has to have had some input.

I'm taking a wait and see approach. Maybe it will make more sense if it really happens.

Comment

Just saw someone say that this rumour is Dallas staring things up to try and get teams (Denver) to step up and make a trade.

EDIT: The person who said this is a Cowboys beat writer, Clarence Hill JR.

Comment

He just said the Skins/Romo thing was never a thing, heres the tweets.

He also said Romo would accept 10-12 mil a year from Denver, FWIW.
        Again, the Cowboy have not been contacted about a potential three-way trade that would result in Tony Romo joining the Redskins, per source

@clarencehilljr
        High ranking Cowboys official says they have not been contacted regarding a three-way deal with that have Tony Romo ending up in Washington.
        Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-03-2017, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          He just said the Skins/Romo thing was never a thing, heres the tweets.

He also said Romo would accept 10-12 mil a year from Denver, FWIW.
          Again, the Cowboy have not been contacted about a potential three-way trade that would result in Tony Romo joining the Redskins, per source

@clarencehilljr
          High ranking Cowboys official says they have not been contacted regarding a three-way deal with that have Tony Romo ending up in Washington.
          Well that escalated quickly and ended quickly

Comment

From what I read whoever trades for romo would absorb his 24m cap hit even though his salary is 14mill this year. That alone makes him impossible to trade.

Also it didn't make sense for the redskins to take a 25m and then 23m cap hit the next two years after unless cousins was demanding Andrew luck money.

I knew it sounded fishy when the only team the trade made sense for was the cowboys.

Comment

Romo's contract is so difficult to trade, it's why most people think he'll eventually be cut.

And given his injuries, what can anyone offer for him?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                From what I read whoever trades for romo would absorb his 24m cap hit even though his salary is 14mill this year. That alone makes him impossible to trade.

Also it didn't make sense for the redskins to take a 25m and then 23m cap hit the next two years after unless cousins was demanding Andrew luck money.

I knew it sounded fishy when the only team the trade made sense for was the cowboys.
                Over The Cap has it where Dallas eats 19 mil in dead money, and theres only 5 mil in savings if traded.

June-1 cut would save them 14 mil, note, not cut in June, but just designate it as that.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post

That shouldn't be right. The team acquiring him would only absorb what he's due now and in the future. The extra $10 million is a prorated portion of his signing bonus, which was already paid by the Cowboys. They'd have to take the hit. Looking at it the hits would be $5 million for original singing bonus and $14.6 million for the salary they converted to singing bonus in 2015 to restructure his contract. The cap charge the Cowboys would take is $19.6 million instead on the $24.7 million he would count if on the roster this year.

Any team that trades for him would take a cap hit of $14 million, which is his salary in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Over The Cap has it where Dallas eats 19 mil in dead money, and theres only 5 mil in savings if traded.

June-1 cut would save them 14 mil, note, not cut in June, but just designate it as that.

It wouldn't save them the cap hit completely, it would just be spread out over 2 years. So the $14 million would count against their cap in 2018.

Comment

No way Jerry Jones trades Romo to a division rival.

Comment

I do see cousins going to SF
                        I don't think Romo will be a part of it.
                        When will Dal just go ahead and cut him so everyone can move on and know what they got to spend?
                        You would think Dal would cut him soon so they can move into free agency 3/9 with more cap

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                          I do see cousins going to SF
                          I don't think Romo will be a part of it.
                          When will Dal just go ahead and cut him so everyone can move on and know what they got to spend?
                          You would think Dal would cut him soon so they can move into free agency 3/9 with more cap
                          I heard they save more money by waiting until June 1 to cut him. I forget how but they can save a little more money

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            I heard they save more money by waiting until June 1 to cut him. I forget how but they can save a little more money
                            I have heard the same.
                            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

This report may be why JJ would entertain trading Romo to a DIV rival:

(Rotoworld)

Citing "several people within the sport," the Washington Post reports there is "growing sentiment" Tony Romo could land with the Texans.

Despite rumors Romo could land in D.C. the Post's Mike Jones tweeted Friday that the Skins flatly "don't want" him. The Texans could and should be different with Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage currently atop the depth chart, and a roster that may be one quarterback away from Super Bowl contention. Per the Post's Mark Maske, "Several agents and coaches and executives with other NFL teams said in recent days at the NFL Scouting Combine that they regard the Texans as the most likely destination for Romo." Added one high-ranking NFL official, "I don't think anyone in the league would be surprised to see that one happen." In Houston, Romo could stay in Texas and play beneath the Texans' retractable roof. Romo landing there would be outstanding news for the fantasy outlooks of DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Lamar Miller, and C.J. Fiedorowicz.
                              Source: Washington Post Mar 3 - 7:18 PM
                              ------

To me, this all sounds like a desperate attempt from either DAL (to foster some pressure hoping for a trade before the March 9th deadline) or from TR's agent hoping for more money commitment front Elway.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                It's not saving money, just saving money this year. Instead of taking 100% of the remaining cap hit in 2017 it becomes split between 2017 and 2018.

The CBA before this recent one they put in a provision so that you could release a player in March and designate them as a post June 1st cut. This way the player gets to the market earlier and I assume the team gets the savings sooner. Romo will be cut this upcoming week but likely designated a post June 1st cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X