This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver vs. Houston for Romo

These seem to be the two favorites to land Romo. The question is, which destination is more attractive?

In terms of offense, I have to give Houston the nod. I'll take Lamar Miller over C.J. Anderson and C.J. Fiedorowicz over any of our TEs. WR is a different story. I'll take DT and Sanders over Will Fuller and DeAndre Hopkins. O-line? Well, I don't really know how good Houston's is. I know it's better than ours, however. Elway has to improve it significantly or else signing Romo would just be a waste.

The defenses seem fairly equal. Watt and Clowney are a monster 1-2 punch. I don't think Houston's secondary can match up to ours. Plus, Denver's D has a championship pedigree.

Some non-football factors might include Romo's comfort in the state of Texas and whether or not Houston is on Jerry Jones' "do right" list. I doubt very much Jerry would want another Texas team to get a lot of publicity, not to mention potentially turn into a legit contender with a franchise QB.

Houston, he will not have to worry about the better QB being behind him on the depth chart.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Houston, he will not have to worry about the better QB being behind him on the depth chart.
      You mean Siemian? If that were true Denver wouldn't be thinking of signing Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        Some non-football factors might include Romo's comfort in the state of Texas and whether or not Houston is on Jerry Jones' "do right" list. I doubt very much Jerry would want another Texas team to get a lot of publicity, not to mention potentially turn into a legit contender with a franchise QB.
        The fact that Romo built his own custom mansion in north Dallas and started a family there has to be why ESPN reported last month that Houston was his preferred landing spot.

Who cares what Jones wants, he has no say in the matter. Besides, the Texans are in the AFC and so Romo will have very limited opportunities to play against his former team. He really has nothing to complain about. The Texans will never eclipse Cowboys popularity in that state- ever, and the Cowboys are doing really well now so I'm sure Jones isn't biting his nails over where Romo is going nor calling up Bob McNair and threatening him!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

You mean Siemian? If that were true Denver wouldn't be thinking of signing Romo.
          Trevor, Lynch, take your pick. In an open competition Romo may win out this year, but in 2018? I doubt it, not at his age and injury history. If he does come here, I would wager he is not the starter in 2018 unless we just commit to it without competition.

How many 38 year old QBs can hold off the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post

Who cares what Jones wants, he has no say in the matter.
            His say in the matter could be Jones just not releasing him.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              Trevor, Lynch, take your pick. In an open competition Romo may win out this year, but in 2018? I doubt it, not at his age and injury history. If he does come here, I would wager he is not the starter in 2018 unless we just commit to it without competition.

How many 38 year old QBs can hold off the competition?
              The age question depends on the QB. We all saw Peyton Manning fall apart before our very eyes in only a couple of years. In 2013 he had the greatest season of all time. By 2015 he was a shell of himself. Tom Brady, on the other hand, is 39 and is still as good as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
                The Cowboys are releasing him tomorrow, and once that's done Jones doesn't get to decide where Romo lands.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

The age question depends on the QB. We all saw Peyton Manning fall apart before our very eyes in only a couple of years. In 2013 he had the greatest season of all time. By 2015 he was a shell of himself. Tom Brady, on the other hand, is 39 and is still as good as ever.
                  No absolutes, but historically speaking, very few 38 year olds perform at a high level at QB. Brady seems to be the exception to the rule and he has for the most part been pretty healthy thought his career.

Comment

Houston can have him, we will even throw in a late round pick to make sure we don't get him.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                      Houston can have him, we will even throw in a late round pick to make sure we don't get him.
                      Glad you're not our GM 😜

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                        I don't know if that's a thing, but I'm all for it. Houston can have our 7th if they sign Romo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
                          That was never going to happen, that was all talk trying to get some sucker to offer something up. Dallas was never going to carry that contract when they were already over the cap.
                          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

How much cap space do the Texans have? How can they afford both Os and Romo at the same time while trying to upgrade their role positions on offense and defense?

At any rate, Texans have a high ranked O line, we don't as of now. I wonder if Romo is considering this
                            Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-08-2017, 03:11 PM.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

If Houston lands Romo there is something almost ironically poetic it - how they threw money at an unproven player, overvaluing him in the process, and are on the hook for his salary next year in addition to possibility of signing Romo.

Comment

Working...
                              X