Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey mods, can we change the name of this thread to Siemian vs Lynch quarterback controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      Hey mods, can we change the name of this thread to Siemian vs Lynch quarterback controversy.
      Well since the Romo debate is as dead as Bambi's mom, maybe it's time to lock up this thread and throw away the key

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Well since the Romo debate is as dead as Bambi's mom, maybe it's time to lock up this thread and throw away the key
        My thoughts exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          Why is it always those that prefer Siemian that continue to make this comment as if it is relevant?

When did being a 1st round pick somehow become a negative anyways? Especially for a project QB. Not sure how two games gets any player so little confidence from fans.

Seimian is a great story. He played admirably under tough conditions but he was average at best. He benefitted from an outstanding defense as much as Manning and Osweiler did the year before. Stats wise Seimian is not even the best QB of the four QBs. That "bust" Osweiler had marginally better stats behind an equally questionable oline.

I have no clue if either of the young QBs even gets a chance to compete for the starting job. Who knows if a vet is signed. But if they do it will be based on performance on the field. Neither should get preference for being a 1st re pick or modern day "Rudy-esque " story. Seimian played well at times, at others he was plain bad. Neither should get a free pass for poor play.

My preference is to let them compete and have two QBs prepared for the season. Hopefully one separates himself and takes the job.
          I think you're confused about my comment. My comment is geared toward those who think just because he is a higher round pick he is the better QB and therefore Elway will push for him to start. Not sure where I mentioned a first round pick being negative.

Siemian and Lynch did not play behind the same defense Oz and Manning played behind, I think that's pretty clear. I don't think anybody would except Siemian to be as good as OZ or Peyton, Peyton is Peyton and OZ had been in the league for 4 years.

****spoiler alert below****

Siemian will start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
            I second that!!

Comment

I do not know where Drew Bledsoe was drafted but I do know that Tom Brady drafted in the later rounds is one heck of a lot better quarterback than Drew was.

I don't know who Tony Romo replaced but I do know that Tony Romo wasn't even drafted and he's been a pretty good quarterback aside from his injury history.

Now I know it's not right to compare Simeon to a Hall of Famer and one possible Hall of Famer but my point is you never know what can happen it doesn't matter where they were drafted all that matters is what they can do on the field and how much they are able to produce.
              Drew Bledsoe was the number one overall pick. He happened to be replaced by Brady (due to injury) and he was also replaced by Romo.

I'm sure SMR8 was sarcasticly joking when he said that Lynch would be better since he was drafted higher, I do agree with you regarding draft position and output. They're not necessarily correlated.
              Last edited by Bterres105; 04-05-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                Why is it always those that prefer Siemian that continue to make this comment as if it is relevant?

When did being a 1st round pick somehow become a negative anyways? Especially for a project QB. Not sure how two games gets any player so little confidence from fans.

Seimian is a great story. He played admirably under tough conditions but he was average at best. He benefitted from an outstanding defense as much as Manning and Osweiler did the year before. Stats wise Seimian is not even the best QB of the four QBs. That "bust" Osweiler had marginally better stats behind an equally questionable oline.

I have no clue if either of the young QBs even gets a chance to compete for the starting job. Who knows if a vet is signed. But if they do it will be based on performance on the field. Neither should get preference for being a 1st re pick or modern day "Rudy-esque " story. Seimian played well at times, at others he was plain bad. Neither should get a free pass for poor play.

My preference is to let them compete and have two QBs prepared for the season. Hopefully one separates himself and takes the job.
                Because we have to listen to people that don't like TS harp on and on and on about how Lynch is a first round pick... They say stuff like "Lynch is a first round pick, we drafted him that high to be the starter." Then we hear how Lynch has more "pure talent" than TS and the only explanation seems to be because he was picked in the first round.

It's not that being a first rounder is negative...It's just people hang too much stock on being a first rounder as if it means he's automatically going to get the job soon. Either guy could be the starter going forward, draft status doesn't play an impact into that as much as some people claim.
                Last edited by Freyaka; 04-06-2017, 05:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                  You don't have to choose sides. Only a few extremers that act like you do. I'm for whoever gives us the best chance to succeed for the long haul. Haven't seen anything from either that shows me they will for sure. But, I hope they will eventually.
                  This^^^^....

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Because we have to listen to people that don't like TS harp on and on and on about how Lynch is a first round pick... They say stuff like "Lynch is a first round pick, we drafted him that high to be the starter." Then we hear how Lynch has more "pure talent" than TS and the only explanation seems to be because he was picked in the first round.

It's not that being a first rounder is negative...It's just people hang too much stock on being a first rounder as if it means he's automatically going to get the job soon. Either guy could be the starter going forward, draft status doesn't play an impact into that as much as some people claim.
                    There are just as many tired of the TS "is the Man" harping. I like the young man. I was pleasantly surprised by his performance last year. I wish him well in winning the starting job this year. But honestly tired of the over-hyping of his play last year. Just as many seem to love the underdog storyline as the dismissal of Lynch as a "bust" in his limited playing time. Despite the rhetoric, Lynch had some high points that tend to be forgotten.

Seimian was an average QB by most measurable standards. In many regards below average in production. There are many hyping his good games and downplaying his shortcomings way too often. It gets tiring too.

Since being graded higher and being drafted in an earlier round does not equate to potentially a "better player" why is there a contentious discussion on the Broncos picking a olineman in the 1st rd of the draft this year? Why the clamor for taking a risk on an OT when there is no significant impact. By your reasoning the Broncos can draft a project olineman in the mid rounds just as easily as a project olineman in the first round.

Wholeheartedly agree that talent in the NFL comes from every round and even the undrafted ranks. Hard work and system fit helps with the success of any player. Including the competition for the Broncos QB.

Now that the Romo fiasco is over. At least I hope it is dead! The Broncos can get to the business of preparing the two QBs on the roster.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Both have an equal opportunity to earn the starting job IMO. New coaches and system has me optimistic that the Bronco offense can improve. To be more productive. To move the chains and score some TDs. It will be interesting to see how much either or hopefully both QBs have improved. Which one benefits from the changes. I may prefer Lynch in my own biased way. But I want either to be successful.

Comment

Hey mods, can we change the name of this thread to Siemian vs Lynch quarterback controversy.
                      Good point. Romo officially retired so the Siemian, Lynch, QBOF discussion should move to new thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X