X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver ready to trade for Romo

Per Allbright

http://sports790.iheart.com/onair/th...down-15678592/

"NFL Insider Ben Allbright reports Jerry Jones may actually have his trade partner for Tony Romo. With the owners meetings coming up it seems the Denver Broncos are ready to budge and give Jerry Jones what he wants.

According to Allbright, Denver is considering moving a 5th or 6th round pick for Romo this weekend. Romo would restructure to play on veteran minimum ($1million) plus a converted $13 million signing bonus spread out over 3 years.

Allbright is very confident in his source adding there is a strong possibility this trade happens.

As for if the Texans would try to get into a bidding war with Denver for Romo, Allbright doesn't see it happening. He believes Denver has far more ammo to pull this off.

If the Broncos do in fact get Romo, it looks like the Texans may target Jay Cutler. Allbright confirms the Texans have reached out to Cutler's."
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

I'm on the Trev Train...

So booo to this article

Comment

And here's a story from Friday that the Broncos have no intention of trading for him. I guess we'll see what the truth is eventually. Although Denver can't have that contract in place with Romo unless they have permission from the Cowboys to negotiate with him, and it would seem like that would be news that would leak.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-tony-romo/

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        And here's a story from Friday that the Broncos have no intention of trading for him. I guess we'll see what the truth is eventually. Although Denver can't have that contract in place with Romo unless they have permission from the Cowboys to negotiate with him, and it would seem like that would be news that would leak.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-tony-romo/
        If this is all for real and we are looking to nab Romo then we really need to bolster our line...Pronto.

I also thought Mason made a very good argument to target a guy like McCaffrey (or I'd prefer Samuel) as they help keep an opponents pass rush honest.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Although that is really cheap...if true
          sigpic

Comment

NO MO ROMO> He gets hit he's libel to get broken, again.

Comment

This better not happen

Comment

Like many of you, I'm not excited about getting Romo. That being said-I will support him, wholeheartedly, if he indeed becomes our QB. I'd rather use our cap space and draft picks to fortify the OL and add a few playmakers. I'd rather see what Siemian/Lynch can do with better OL play and an actual running game. Glad it's not my call!
                sigpic

Comment

I have nothing against Romo, probably the best QB we can field this year, but it is time to develop our own franchise QB. I am also confident in Trevor, not terribly excited about Paxton, but I like those two guys competing.

Comment

I should clarify.l..I like romo as a qb, and watched him alot in Dallas....I just don't want another aging vet at the helm....time to develop our own. Talent
                    EddieMac
                    Canuck Mod, eh!
                    Last edited by EddieMac; 03-26-2017, 07:32 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

The beginning of the end...
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I have yet to see anything come out that reitterates anything at all from Allbright's report. If Elway is gonna get Romo, either by trade or signing him once Romo were to be released, it needs to happen really soon. The draft is a month away. This saga cant still be ongoing til then.
                        Denver Broncos
                        New York Yankees
                        New York Knicks
                        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Not gonna happen. Elway's moved on, and will develop who they have. Jerry will draw this out to the MAX, like the Drama Queen he is! I still think John is not done, but is with Romo.
                          sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

♫ I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it ♫

I know Rome wasn't built in a day, but it's taking too many days to build this Romo trade...
                            sigpic

Comment

Hopefully this goes the same way as signing Kaep last year...doesn't happen.
                              "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                              PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                              LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                              X