Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Just call us the Browns
    We're certainly on their pace, 4 different starting QBs in just 2 years, and 8 in the last 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      We're certainly on their pace, 4 different starting QBs in just 2 years, and 8 in the last 10 years.
      Sure, but it doesn't match the dozen starting QBs Denver had in the ten years between Frank Tripucka and Charley Johnson, nor is it at the level of the eight QBs who have started for the Houston Texans in the past three seasons.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Probably not #20. Maybe #238, #252, #253 or UDFA. Need at least three for TC.
        I think the Broncos should go with 4 for camp, especially if Siemian is limited. Bring in some arms to throw to receivers and allow Siemian to ease back into the full workload, if that's what's needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          I would still rather have our scenario then theirs and the Bears and Jets for that matter. I would be shocked if we took a QB before 4th round, check that 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            I think the Broncos should go with 4 for camp, especially if Siemian is limited. Bring in some arms to throw to receivers and allow Siemian to ease back into the full workload, if that's what's needed.
            Makes sense.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Why stop there we can draft them throughout and use them at every position. We would be the laughing stock of the NFL like the lions for drafting a QB 2 years in a row that high. Elway likes competition he will probably look for someone at best in the 4th or 5th but more likely in the 6th 7th or FA. My guess if we draft someone it will be Chad Kelly or Jerod Evans. Though Elway will likely give Sefo Liufau a shot
              Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 03-29-2017, 05:38 PM.
              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

It would be nice to get sefo as an udfa but if all else fails dont we have the last pick in the draft? I cant see them doing another dixon manuver...
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                  It would be nice to get sefo as an udfa but if all else fails dont we have the last pick in the draft? I cant see them doing another dixon manuver...
                  Last 2 picks
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Thanks, wasnt sure off the top of my head. Boy colorado would go nuts if 2 colorado guys (possibly 3 if we try to go corner early) went to the broncos in the draft? That would be a record i believe if they were all drafted
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

The Broncos met with Pat Mahomes at the Combine and he is a potential 1st-round pick. Like Lynch, he is a mobile, rocket-armed QB. Elway is aware of Mahomes' draft range and I don't think the Broncos would waste an official meeting at the Combine if they are not interested in a prospect. The Broncos would have to be very disappointed with Paxton Lynch and it would have to be something severe like a lack of maturity and work ethic behind the scenes. Also, the new coaching staff would have to show their intention to have their own QB and they would have to be very high on Mahomes. Unlikely? Sure. It's probably just due diligence, but I am not aware of the Broncos having formal visits with other QBs from this draft class.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        The Broncos met with Pat Mahomes at the Combine and he is a potential 1st-round pick. Like Lynch, he is a mobile, rocket-armed QB. Elway is aware of Mahomes' draft range and I don't think the Broncos would waste an official meeting at the Combine if they are not interested in a prospect. The Broncos would have to be very disappointed with Paxton Lynch and it would have to be something severe like a lack of maturity and work ethic behind the scenes. Also, the new coaching staff would have to show their intention to have their own QB and they would have to be very high on Mahomes. Unlikely? Sure. It's probably just due diligence, but I am not aware of the Broncos having formal visits with other QBs from this draft class.
                        Were the Broncos doing their own individual interviews this year? For a couple of years they had partnered with another team (I want to say New Orleans) and were interviewing together so they could each get to double the prospects. Or Elway could have been doing a favour for another team (like the Titans doing all scouting of Cutler for Shanahan) so I'm not sure I'd read that much into it.

Also drafting a QB in the first round this year would say negative things about both Lynch and Siemian. If the Broncos believe in either one they wouldn't do it. Which I don't think they will anyways.

Comment

I think its a good habit to scout all position QB included every year. You never know who may fall. None of them are worth it at #20 but maybe one of these guys that they thought would go early fall to the 3rd or 4th round? Crazier things have happened in the draft. Meet with the guys you never know if one of them fall in your lap. I think it follows well with the BPA guidelines.

I dont feel any of them are worth any of our earlier picks but if they are considering bringing in a 37 year old QB coming off injury then its not too crazy to think they would consider drafting another one in the first round.

Comment

Well if Elway drafts 10 QBs we'll be bound to score a hit on one of them, and then we can all talk about how we won the draft four years down the road
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                            X