Solutions at LT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    He wasn't bad as a rookie. He took over the LT spot after Clady went down before camp and kept the job during camp, preseason and the first 3 games of the season. He played well enough against the Ravens and Chiefs, who had a strong pass rush.

If Sambrailo was an issue at LT in 2015, Ryan Harris would have taken his job before the injury in week 3.

Then he got injured against the Lions. And then he got injured again in 2016, played at less than 100% and looked awful at RT, which is not a natural position for him.

Sambrailo has been a LT for a long time and that's where he is more comfortable. The problem is: his confidence might be shot dead and I haven't heard one word from Elway or Joseph about Sambrailo competing at LT. We only hear about Stephenson and Watson.
    I think Sambrailo allowed 3 sacks and 19 pressures in his 3 games. Also, If he struggled as a rookie he would have been replaced by harris is not entirely accurate, or at least just a guess, since the backup at that time was Schofield (I think). Sambrailo was a long term project coming out in the draft and he hasn't gotten any better yet and they are switching to man blocking scheme instead of zone which will make it even harder for him to succeed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Sambrailo was a long term project coming out in the draft and he hasn't gotten any better yet and they are switching to man blocking scheme instead of zone which will make it even harder for him to succeed.
      Yes, Sambrailo is out of place in the current scheme (especially if he does not get stronger in the weight room), as is Matt Paradis (like ir or not). The Broncos want power, mean "beef" at the o-line, and Paradis is not exactly that. Also, I don't think Paradis played as well as his PFF ranking suggests. I saw a lot of plays where Paradis screwed up, including the play when Siemian injured his shoulder. I understand Paradis played through hip issues and I respect that, but I am not sure he will thrive in Mike McCoy's offense.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        I'll take that bet. I highly doubt Sambrailo starts anywhere on the line. He may not even make final cuts. I really have no idea why people keep saying he "wasn't bad" his rookie season..... and why they think he will develop into a starter so soon, especially at LT. I think his stats were something along the lines of 3 sacks allowed and 19 hurries...in 3 games....
        I hope we acquire a LT and not have to start him. But Elway's gone thru 2 coaching staffs because they either didn't play his draft picks (Fox) or have good position coaches (Kubiac). Sambrailo did decent enough having to start right away as Mannings Blind Side Protector. That's alot a pressure and he got no help from his coaches.
        Elway is gonna give his Draft picks every chance he can to start. Sambrailo will get his shot at LT. I guarantee it.
        "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Yes, Sambrailo is out of place in the current scheme (especially if he does not get stronger in the weight room), as is Matt Paradis (like ir or not). The Broncos want power, mean "beef" at the o-line, and Paradis is not exactly that. Also, I don't think Paradis played as well as his PFF ranking suggests. I saw a lot of plays where Paradis screwed up, including the play when Siemian injured his shoulder. I understand Paradis played through hip issues and I respect that, but I am not sure he will thrive in Mike McCoy's offense.
          I'm in favor of Drafting a new Center. Ohio state kid would be a perfect and I'd take him in the 2nd round. At best Paradis is gonna b on the shelf until July. Getting a center to take those practice reps is a a huge deal especially if they plan on playing Garcia at RG. He's the only other guy on the roster that can step in for Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
            I'm in favor of Drafting a new Center. Ohio state kid would be a perfect and I'd take him in the 2nd round. At best Paradis is gonna b on the shelf until July. Getting a center to take those practice reps is a a huge deal especially if they plan on playing Garcia at RG. He's the only other guy on the roster that can step in for Paradis
            The Broncos have four centers on the roster if I rember correctly

Paradis, Ferentz, Day and Dismukes

Not opposed to adding a center but I am thinking emphasis will be to bolster the tackle position wherever they decide to draft them.

Comment

I hope we acquire a LT and not have to start him. But Elway's gone thru 2 coaching staffs because they either didn't play his draft picks (Fox) or have good position coaches (Kubiac). Sambrailo did decent enough having to start right away as Mannings Blind Side Protector. That's alot a pressure and he got no help from his coaches.
              Elway is gonna give his Draft picks every chance he can to start. Sambrailo will get his shot at LT. I guarantee it.
              While I do believe he will have his chances going into camp and preseason, I wouldn't at all be surprised if he wasn't on the roster come the first game. Just ask Montee Ball about that, another 2nd rounder. High pick or not he didn't make it on the team in year 3. But our UDFA sure did. I don't think Elway is all that hesitant to cut ties if its the best thing for the team.
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like we have the weakest line on both sides of the ball? Our guys get pushed around alot like they don't spend time in the weight room. Like if they don't already come here strong like Wolfe or McGovern then they don't make much of any improvements. Maybe its just me. I'm not sure if that's something that the player should be working on in the off season or something that falls on the coaching staff or a combination of both.

Comment

Just a question but
                  if we are looking at beefing up Center wouldn't we want

Ethan Pocic at 6-6 310 26 bench, LSU
                  over
                  Pat Elflein 6-3 303 22 bench, Ohio St

I only ask because Pocic's combine results are superior amongst Centers.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                    Just a question but

over

I don't think you draft someone specifically for their combine results.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                      Just a question but

over

I think both of those players are good prospects and both are projected around 3rd round. The way I see them is that Elflein may be a better true OC prospect while Pocic has more versatility. Both could be drafted to play OC or OG and they really need help at both positions. I would be happy with either of these picks
                      sigpic

Comment

As far as I can tell, there are about eight possibilities for the 2017 starting Left Tackle: draft and start a rookie; trade for one; sign Dunlap; sign Clady; Sambrailo; Schofield; Stephenson; and, Watson (the last four in alphabetical order)

Going backwards in time, the last starting Left Tackles were: Okung; Harris; Sambrailo; Clady; Clark.

There may be more than eight possibilities, but of these half are currently on the team. Of the other four, it seems a maximum of two might occur.

On this and other threads, some have made cases for almost all of these possibilities. Free agency and the draft are interesting because they often tell how the Front Office and coaching staff feel about the players they have under contract. I'm looking forward to seeing how Denver addresses the O-Line.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                          The Broncos have four centers on the roster if I rember correctly

Paradis, Ferentz, Day and Dismukes

Not opposed to adding a center but I am thinking emphasis will be to bolster the tackle position wherever they decide to draft them.
                          Who????
                          These guys haven't played any significant snaps and are camp bodies. We need a back up plan at center. Remember Paradis couldn't even make the roster as a rookie in a power scheme. 2 hips surgeries and a in contract year. Broncos definitely need to think about the future at Center. Just cuz he was the Denvers best olineman last yr doesn't mean he was very good

Comment

Who????
                            These guys haven't played any significant snaps and are camp bodies. We need a back up plan at center. Remember Paradis couldn't even make the roster as a rookie in a power scheme. 2 hips surgeries and a in contract year. Broncos definitely need to think about the future at Center. Just cuz he was the Denvers best olineman last yr doesn't mean he was very good

Ferentz is not half bad. He is a bit light, but he is mean! I love his attitude, he needs to tone it down a notch but the guy is pretty good. He caught my eye a ton in camp last year. Dillion Day is a draft pick. Long hair, people seem to love him. I thought he was just ok. Reese Dismukes is eh with a possibility of ya. Sure we could improve but its unlikely. Paradis is going to be the guy and he will be just fine.

Its pretty rare for a UDFA Rookie to come in and unseat the starters. Very few ever do that. Paradis did it in his 2nd year. Dont make it seem like Paradis is not that good or wont be in the PBS. We are still using a bunch of zone too. Center is one position we need not worry much about. Garcia can also play C. That makes 5 centers on the roster if needed.

Maybe we Grab Bolles at LT, maybe that De'veon guy in the mid rounds. Either way, look for a T to be priority numero uno when concerned with the OL
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Who????
                              Garcia may move to OC.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                                Ferentz is not half bad. He is a bit light, but he is mean! I love his attitude, he needs to tone it down a notch but the guy is pretty good. He caught my eye a ton in camp last year. Dillion Day is a draft pick. Long hair, people seem to love him. I thought he was just ok. Reese Dismukes is eh with a possibility of ya. Sure we could improve but its unlikely. Paradis is going to be the guy and he will be just fine.

Its pretty rare for a UDFA Rookie to come in and unseat the starters. Very few ever do that. Paradis did it in his 2nd year. Dont make it seem like Paradis is not that good or wont be in the PBS. We are still using a bunch of zone too. Center is one position we need not worry much about. Garcia can also play C. That makes 5 centers on the roster if needed.

Maybe we Grab Bolles at LT, maybe that De'veon guy in the mid rounds. Either way, look for a T to be priority numero uno when concerned with the OL
                                Dillon Day was Undrafted and signed to the Practice Squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X