My draft short list and mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My draft short list and mock

They have us taking Ryan Ramcyzk at #20. Their description of him, if accurate, would make him very appealing.

20. Denver Broncos
    Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

The first offensive tackle finally comes off the board, as Ramczyk is one of few tackles in the class that looks like an immediate starter at the next level. Denver has a lot of work to do up front, and Ramczyk can step right in at left tackle to offer strong pass protection after he gave up 12 QB pressures last season in his first year of FBS action. He can make every block in the run game, and that fits well with a Denver offense that is looking to add more man concepts to last year’s zone-heavy scheme. Ramczyk’s 85.0 overall grade ranked fourth in the FBS last season.

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
    They have us taking Ryan Ramcyzk at #20. Their description of him, if accurate, would make him very appealing.

20. Denver Broncos
    Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin

The first offensive tackle finally comes off the board, as Ramczyk is one of few tackles in the class that looks like an immediate starter at the next level. Denver has a lot of work to do up front, and Ramczyk can step right in at left tackle to offer strong pass protection after he gave up 12 QB pressures last season in his first year of FBS action. He can make every block in the run game, and that fits well with a Denver offense that is looking to add more man concepts to last year’s zone-heavy scheme. Ramczyk’s 85.0 overall grade ranked fourth in the FBS last season.
    he is my pick
    sigpic

Comment

I think we will take the best OT available and be happy at #20. I would like McCaffrey - we need some sort of weapon on ST and on offence with the type of system we want to run, but I think we do the smart thing and draft one of the 3 OT that have 1st round grades and hope they can settle in a tackle. We are in need of OL, DL, LB and any weapon we can find that can help put up points.

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
        I think we will take the best OT available and be happy at #20. I would like McCaffrey - we need some sort of weapon on ST and on offence with the type of system we want to run, but I think we do the smart thing and draft one of the 3 OT that have 1st round grades and hope they can settle in a tackle. We are in need of OL, DL, LB and any weapon we can find that can help put up points.
        It seems that Ramcyzk fits us the best, though. Some wonder if Robinson is better suited at guard, while others worry that Bolles lacks the strength to excel in a power run scheme. If PFF is correct and Ramcyzk really is a day one starter I'd love to have him.
        Last edited by gerontion; 03-21-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
          It seems that Ramcyzk fits us the best, though. Some wonder if Robinson is better suited at guard, while others worry that Bolles lacks the strength to excel in a power run scheme. If PFF is correct and Ramcyzk really is a day one starter I'd love to have him.
          Yes, the more I read I am not sure who the best is. There is concern with all 3, but do I think they are all better than what we have... YES. Ramcyzk may be the safest pick (although injured) with the highest floor but the lowest ceiling. Bolles is a little older and the nastiest guy of the group - he may be my pick and may fit the direction the best if he can continue to bring that intensity. Robinson has some flaws and I get concerned over guys that don't show that they really want it and don't live and breath football. If he can find that passion, I think he has the highest ceiling. Lots of mock drafts have Cam going before our pick now and have Bolles and Ramcyzk on the board at #20.

Comment

At this point, considering the Broncos LT situation, we should celebrate if we get an All-American LT that played for Wisconsin. Hopefully his medical report is good after the hip surgery.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't doubt that ramcyzk will be good but I don't think we're the team for him. He'll be behind the 8 ball with the hip surgery so I highly doubt he starts immediately. Cam Robinson will be fine with some coaching, I think he will be a great LT but if he can't start there day one he can definitely start at RT. Dream scenario would be to trade for Peters or Thomas and draft Robinson to man the other side.

Comment

If we go OL in the first I would prefer Forrest Lamp... I think he can play LT and if not then pair him with Leary and have a dominant set of guards to go along with a top young center.
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                  If we go OL in the first I would prefer Forrest Lamp... I think he can play LT and if not then pair him with Leary and have a dominant set of guards to go along with a top young center.
                  I would rather get Ramcyzk because I think he will be a better OT but Lamp may be the best player in the draft if he plays at OG. I would be ok with that pick too.
                  sigpic

Comment

A weak LT class, and he's injured.... one way to look at this is how often can a team picking 20th have a shot at drafting the class's best LT? In a normal year, that prospect is gone in the top 5.

Considering our OT situation.... I'd McCaffrey and Foster are gone.... I wouldn't mind taking Ramzy. Especially bc our TE coach (?) knows him.

In 2 years we may be thankful we "stole" this guy. Look at DAL, bc nobody was clammorimg for Martin and Fredericks.... but those 1st rounders solidified their O front

I think Foster is the only guy I would want definitively over OT. McCaffrey and even a DL or TE or CB could be had later, for this class is deep in those positions.

Comment

I think Ramczyk is a good OT prospect in any draft class. There might not be depth at OT in this draft, but it does not mean the top prospects are not good. A 1st Team All-American playing for Wisconsin, a program that constantly produces quality o-linemen... That's worth the #20 pick for sure. IF he's even there... Especially with the current situation at LT, I will do cartwheels if Elway can get Ramczyk.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        I think Ramczyk is a good OT prospect in any draft class. There might not be depth at OT in this draft, but it does not mean the top prospects are not good. A 1st Team All-American playing for Wisconsin, a program that constantly produces quality o-linemen... That's worth the #20 pick for sure. IF he's even there... Especially with the current situation at LT, I will do cartwheels if Elway can get Ramczyk.
                        Out of the 4 possible 1st Round O-linemen, Ramczyk ranks #4 on my list. Injury concerns aside, I think he has a weaker lower body and less explosiveness than Bolles or Robinson. He was not consistently good at the point of attack. Most years he would be a 2nd Round pick. Whoever picks him in Round 1 will be reaching (and hoping) IMO.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am not too hot on Ramczyk. This article sums up the concerns as well as the strengths about him:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/3...e-ryan-ramczyk

Essentially only one year of FBS football, injury risk d/t to the hip surgery, and questions regarding dedication to football.

Comment

With every position it seems like you can find someone arguably as good or better in the later rounds except for OT. If we pass on LB D-line TE RB Or anything else we can probably think of a prospect just as good in the 2 or 3rd rounds that could be available. But not OT. So if we have a shot to take what is a debate between the top 3 who might not make it out the first round then we have to get one. We invested in getting a young QB and we may still invest in bringing in a old QB now we gotta invest in protection for him we cant realistically expect Stephenson and melinik journeymen at best to play on a level like never before at age 29.

Its would have to take a legitimate BPA a guy that was supposed to go top 10 that fell to 20 in order to pick otherwise.

Comment

I wouldn't mind picking him since he is a top OT talent. May be hard to pick up anything close to the top O linemen in the draft after the 1st round, and we may need to just simply start building the future with quality linemen. However picking him in the first is essentially saying that he won't be in top form for the first part of the season due to his hip surgery, and we may need to see Stephenson or Schofield start at tackle until he's ready to go. I don't know how I feel about that.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X