What do we do with Shaq Barrett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we do with Shaq Barrett?

OK so these are my words nor is this my article that I read it a few minutes ago and thought I would share with you guys and see what you think.

However I'm not so sure that I agree with this person's point of view because as we all know one team can never have too many pass rushers and not one back a pass rusher is riding the pine most of these guys are rotated in and out now days even when you have a Von Miller starting at the left side edge anyway here's the article enjoy and drop your response.

Shaquille Barrett also known as Shaq, is a straight up beast. It's a shame we only get to see him play in the preseason and in the fourth quarter.

He is Von Miller's back up so obviously he hardly gets playing time. So what do we do with him? He's too good and just wasting on the bench.

Should we get some value out of him and trade-in? Or does Denver move him to right outside linebacker that him and Shane Ray compete for starting job?

The Broncos need to find a solution for him soon, what do you think happens to Shaq?

He gets the snaps ware would have gotten if resigned.

Comment

I would only trade him if we got something tremendous in return. For instance, if he were part of a package that got us Joe Thomas, I would do it. However, now that Ware has retired Shaq is more important than ever.

Comment

Im not convinced Shane Ray is a given in his position. From what Ive seen, Shaq plays run and pass equally well. Shane Ray is terrible in run defense.

Comment

Shaquil Barrett isn't going anywhere besides Bronco TC. Barring unforeseen circumstances, he will be on the roster. He was an ERFA this year and was tendered $615,000. He will be a RFA next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's re-signed before then. He's a keeper, Defensive MVP of the 2013 New Mexico Bowl.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
            Im not convinced Shane Ray is a given in his position. From what Ive seen, Shaq plays run and pass equally well. Shane Ray is terrible in run defense.
            Part of why Shane ray was seen as one of the most improved players in the NFL was his improvement in the run game. He was not terrible there this year, imo.

Comment

Denver was at their best in 2015 using a deep rotation at both the 3 inside line positions but also in the linebacking core. Barrett will get snaps, rotating those 3 players will be good. Plus you can never have enough pass rushers.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                Shaquil Barrett isn't going anywhere besides Bronco TC. Barring unforeseen circumstances, he will be on the roster. He was an ERFA this year and was tendered $615,000. He will be a RFA next year, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's re-signed before then. He's a keeper, Defensive MVP of the 2013 New Mexico Bowl.
                This organization has been extremely fortunate over the years finding and developing the linebacker corps. Barrett is young with a bright future and a very team friendly contract as an ERFA. I agree, unless there is something unforeseen that changes the status quo, he will be in Denver this season and both he and the team will likely be in discussions of a new contract for the following year to lock him in.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  I third this. He isn't going anywhere. Why weaken one of our strengths. He can compete with the other backers and be rotated in and out giving everyone a rest. That is very important imo. And God for bid if something we shall not name happens, we have him to fall back on. SHAQ WILL BE BACK!!!
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I neglected to mention Shaq Barrett's contribution to Special Teams. Reserve Backers and DBs are the heart and soul of those groups: Kickoff; Kickoff Return; Punt; and, Punt Return.

P.S. Shaq Barrett is one of 31 players on the current roster who came into the league as UDFAs. Fifteen of those were on the roster last year including Shaq.

After the draft, Denver will probably sign around ten UDFAs, so about half the roster going to TC will have entered the league that way. The biggest free agent signing this off season, Ron Leary, was an UDFA as was Chris Harris.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 03-31-2017, 06:25 PM.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                      Barrett took a nose dive in 16 as opposed to 15. He's got plenty of talent but Ray look improved and Barrett looked not so much.

I think they're both great players though, and itd be silly to get rid of Barrett for anyone less than Joe Thomas.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Barrett played 700 snaps last year...that is a big contribution.
                        sigpic

Comment

Can he play ILB opposite B. Marshall?

Ray - Marshall - Barrett - Miller

Comment

Barrett and our two 3rds for Joe Thomas?
                            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                              Part of why Shane ray was seen as one of the most improved players in the NFL was his improvement in the run game. He was not terrible there this year, imo.
                              He had now where else to go but up! It was still below starter level. ALOT of the outside runs went to his side, with major gains. Im just not convinced Ray is an every down backer.

Comment

Working...
                              X