Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we do with all this salary-cap space now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post
    The team may have to sign a free agent QB. Currently, Lynch is the only healthy QB on the roster. With OTAs coming up, it's hard to fathom he will get all of the reps, although, he could probably use them.
    I wonder if McCoy brings in mike bercovicci. He was the 3rd string guy last year for the chargers. I'm not sure who all is available in terms of veterans is out there that they actually wanna pay.

    Comment


    • #32
      we probably have something closer to 13-14 million in cap space, which is enough for one quality player that hopefully won't take all the remaining cap space. I don't think we'll get any answers at LT until after the draft - we waited pretty long last offseason before Mark Sanchez was revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if a similar situation where we give a low pick for a mediocre player to holdover until a rookie draft pick is ready method is used again.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

      Comment


      • #33
        With the roughly $9.5 Mil remaining in cap space (after subtracting the allotted amount for draft picks), hypothetically, cant we just roll that $9.5 Mil over to next years salary cap if we so choose?
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          I say we just roll it over to next year. I do think see any trade coming down the pipe any time soon.
          Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
            I say we just roll it over to next year. I do think see any trade coming down the pipe any time soon.
            probably not...but if we don't get a trade who are we getting? Dunlap and a draft pick? might be a long season.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              probably not...but if we don't get a trade who are we getting? Dunlap and a draft pick? might be a long season.
              Well it doesn't look like we are getting JT. Otherwise we would have by now I would think. I don't want Peters. I would just roll the dice with Dunlap and/or a draft pick.
              Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                With the roughly $9.5 Mil remaining in cap space (after subtracting the allotted amount for draft picks), hypothetically, cant we just roll that $9.5 Mil over to next years salary cap if we so choose?
                They usually hold some cap $ back in case they need to sign a FA during the season in case of injury
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  They usually hold some cap $ back in case they need to sign a FA during the season in case of injury
                  Cap is all funny money anyways. They could creat more by kicking the can down the road. At this point I dont expect any moves until after the draft.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Give it to me. :thumb:

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                      Cap is all funny money anyways. They could creat more by kicking the can down the road. At this point I dont expect any moves until after the draft.
                      agreed
                      ....
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        No fear, we cut Raciti, so now we'll have ample space.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          We will still need much of that money to sign a LT and fill our roster with other teams cuts during the pre season camp. I would like to see them kick the tires on Clady again.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Maybe acquire Hankins. We'll probably need him if Marshawn Lynch does end up playing for the Raiders.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                              Maybe acquire Hankins. We'll probably need him if Marshawn Lynch does end up playing for the Raiders.
                              Last time Lynch played he was awful, and broken down. I don't think him coming back is that big of a deal, and I would argue the Raiders downgraded at RB this offseason if it ends up being Murray for Lynch.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                                Maybe acquire Hankins. We'll probably need him if Marshawn Lynch does end up playing for the Raiders.
                                My only problem with Hankins and probably the reason he isn't getting the contract he is looking for is that he did well alongside a ton of talent. Played next to an all pro DT snacks Harrison who gets most of the attention and then having Oliver Vernon and JPP on the edges helps as well. We have Wolfe but he is gonna go from a 4-3 with a 350 pound all pro next to him to a having to hold down the NT position in a 3-4 idk. A 1 year deal never hurts though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X