Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to pick one..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Taking a WR in the 1st round, in my opinion, would not be different than taking Bradley Roby when you already have Talib and Harris at cornerback or taking Shane Ray when you already have Miller and Ware as edge rushers. The team does not have a third option at WR set in stone and Sanders recently said he'd like to get more snaps in the slot. When you add the best players available, they find a way to earn playing time and make an impact. How many #3 cornerbacks in the AFC West could keep up with Ross?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by olgrouch View Post
      If those are the only options on your draft board at the 20 slot in round 1 of this draft, your last name is McDaniels and we fired your sorry ____
      in 2010.
      Funny you mention McD

      Learned that SF is using Denver's grading system for this draft. Funny part? Josh McDaniels originally brought it there from New England
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
        You are John Elway.

        It is the 20th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and the Denver Broncos are on the clock.

        If you had to pick one of these options, which do you pick? Why?

        A) Malik Mcdowell - DL - Michigan State

        B) Jabrill Peppers - S/LB - Michigan

        C) Jarrad Davis - LB - Florida

        D) Chidobe Awuzie - CB - Colorado

        E) John Ross - WR - Washington
        I'd first like to say if these were our choices I'd immediately look to trade to the top of the 2nd.

        In the spirt of the thread though I will pick a name. I do not see Davis as a round 1 talent. Same with Awuzie. While Ross is a round 1 talent I'd immediately remove him due to frame and injury history. I'd be too concerned that despite his talent to make a play that he'd be on IR and thus unable to contribute. I think between these guys I'd likely go with Peppers as he has shown a real drive. With Ward likely not returning next season we'd do ourselves a favor by having a guy like Peppers pushing our two rookies from last year's draft.

        Unless McDowell can answer properly why DE disappeared last sea son in some games he'd be removed as one of my options.

        Also contrary toost I'd stick with Raymond as our returner until he proves unable to perform.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
          Taking a WR in the 1st round, in my opinion, would not be different than taking Bradley Roby when you already have Talib and Harris at cornerback or taking Shane Ray when you already have Miller and Ware as edge rushers. The team does not have a third option at WR set in stone and Sanders recently said he'd like to get more snaps in the slot. When you add the best players available, they find a way to earn playing time and make an impact. How many #3 cornerbacks in the AFC West could keep up with Ross?
          speed isn't everything...Ted Ginn...darius Heyward-Bey?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            I'd take McDowell in that situation. Not very high on Ross, reminds me of John Brown, jj Nelson, Phillip Dorset etc. Jarrad Davis would be good too but I like some later round LBs.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              speed isn't everything...Ted Ginn...darius Heyward-Bey?
              Ashley Lelie. Dude could only run one route, if he wasn't going deep he was pretty useless. I'm not familiar with Ross so I don't know how well he runs routes. But if the Broncos decided a WR was who they wanted, I would hope that they go with Corey Davis. Then you could bump Sanders into the slot when you go 3 WRs.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                speed isn't everything...Ted Ginn...darius Heyward-Bey?
                If you watch Ross play, he is not just speed like these other WRs. And he has hand-eye coordination to catch the ball cleanly, something those guys can't do consistently. Ross ran a variety of routes and he can work the middle of the defense. He lined up outside and inside.

                He runs better routes and more routes than Mike Williams, for example. His issues are size and injuries. His route running and catching skills are fine. There are overrated speedy receivers like Will Fuller that can't catch or run routes, but Ross is not one. I think Ross is much more like DeSean Jackson or Brandin Cooks than Ted Ginn.

                Can he stay healthy, though? He could not even finish the Combine workout after running a 40-yard dash.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by skate_d3 View Post
                  You are John Elway.

                  It is the 20th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and the Denver Broncos are on the clock.

                  If you had to pick one of these options, which do you pick? Why?

                  A) Malik Mcdowell - DL - Michigan State

                  B) Jabrill Peppers - S/LB - Michigan

                  C) Jarrad Davis - LB - Florida

                  D) Chidobe Awuzie - CB - Colorado

                  E) John Ross - WR - Washington
                  Can you explain how you arrived at these specific choices? You have four defenders and one offensive player who is a WR. I suppose Peppers is sufficiently versatile he could play an offensive position, but you didn't list him that way. You list no O-Linemen, no Tight Ends and no RBs. What is up with that?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    If you watch Ross play, he is not just speed like these other WRs. And he has hand-eye coordination to catch the ball cleanly, something those guys can't do consistently. Ross ran a variety of routes and he can work the middle of the defense. He lined up outside and inside.

                    He runs better routes and more routes than Mike Williams, for example. His issues are size and injuries. His route running and catching skills are fine. There are overrated speedy receivers like Will Fuller that can't catch or run routes, but Ross is not one. I think Ross is much more like DeSean Jackson or Brandin Cooks than Ted Ginn.

                    Can he stay healthy, though? He could not even finish the Combine workout after running a 40-yard dash.
                    That is yet to be seen...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Can you explain how you arrived at these specific choices? You have four defenders and one offensive player who is a WR. I suppose Peppers is sufficiently versatile he could play an offensive position, but you didn't list him that way. You list no O-Linemen, no Tight Ends and no RBs. What is up with that?
                      I believe if I had included an OT or Njoku, or Dalvin Cook, that they would overwhelmingly be the favorite. The players I chose are just those that I would like to discuss. No rhyme or reason. Though I added Ross because I wanted to include an offensive player. All the players I included have some question marks and there is no perfect choice.
                      2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X