Aaron Donald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Donald

What would you give up to get him in an orange and blue jersey?

I'd probably pitch in a few dollars. Maybe we could all get together to pay his salary so that we could afford him under the cap. I bet they'd trade him for Paxton Lynch. He was a first round pick after all. Surely someone is stupid enough to think he could be good
    Last edited by SoundsOfSuccess; 09-07-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Only reason I ask is because I seen an article.....https://nflspinzone.com/2017/08/22/l...consideration/

Discussing the possibility of it

Comment

It really depends on what the Rams want in return and the long-term impact to the salary cap. We have 21 players whose contracts expire this season, notably Paradis, Barrett, Charles, and McManus.

I think we could work out the salary issues, it's the "what else" that has me wondering. Considering our drafts as of late, I don't know that I'd mind a high but fair draft pick for a proven difference maker that could be locked up for years.
        Last edited by Rastic; 09-07-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
          It really depends on what the Rams want in return and the long-term impact to the salary cap. We have 21 players whose contracts expire this season, notably Paradis, Barrett, Charles, and McManus.

I think we could work out the salary issues, it's the "what else" that has me wondering. Considering our drafts as of late, I don't know that I'd mind a high but fair draft pick for a prove difference maker that could be locked up for years.
          Even if we were good at drafting we would still probably never draft a player as good as Donald in the late first round

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
            Even if we were good at drafting we would still probably never draft a player as good as Donald in the late first round
            Totally agree. We would have to majorly under perform this year to have a shot at any difference maker even close to what Donald has done so far. You are really talking drafting top 2-3 picks for a comparison. If we drafted that high it surely would be because we need a QB not on our roster. Actually I am going to stop because I don't even want to think of a scenario where we should finish this season drafting in the top 15 picks unless we made a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              nothing not a big fan of people holding out as long as he has
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                In the spirit of the TJ Ward trade,

I would offer LAR:

Aqib Talib (31, 6′ 1″, 205, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)
                (On D, Talib is replaced by Bradley Roby. Depth: Harris, Roby, Langely, Doss)

and

Devontae Booker (25, 5′ 11″, 219, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)
                (On O, Booker is replaced by De'Angelo Henderson. Depth: Anderson, Charles, Henderson)

DEN would probably have to eat some of Talib's cap.
                Booker becomes LAR's #2 RB.

DEN receives:
                Aaron Donald (26, 6′ 0″, 285 '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)

---Donald - Peko - Wolfe---
                Ray - Marshall - Davis - Miller
                Harris - Stewart - Simmons - Roby
                Last edited by mozzerpete; 09-07-2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't be opposed to it, especially if he is willing to accept a reasonable contract just to spite the Rams

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                    In the spirit of the TJ Ward trade,

I would offer LAR:

Aqib Talib (31, 6′ 1″, 205, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)
                    (On D, Talib is replaced by Bradley Roby. Depth: Harris, Roby, Langely, Doss)

and

Devontae Booker (25, 5′ 11″, 219, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)
                    (On O, Booker is replaced by De'Angelo Henderson. Depth: Anderson, Charles, Henderson)

DEN would probably have to eat some of Talib's cap.
                    Booker becomes LAR's #2 RB.

DEN receives:
                    Aaron Donald (26, 6′ 0″, 285 '[email protected] cap, '[email protected] cap)

---Donald - Peko - Wolfe---
                    Ray - Marshall - Davis - Miller
                    Harris - Stewart - Simmons - Roby
                    I would not trade Talib with the intent of replacing him with Roby. PFF grades Talib at 90.6 while Roby grades out at 48.7. That's a pretty big drop off. But Talib's contract ends at the end of next season. This year and next year he's due $11 mill, so I get the point, but he's so high on his game right now.

Booker I am cool with.

Comment

If we could get him for next year's 1st and maybe throw in a D Lineman like Gotsis or Crick I'd do that.

If Elway was thinking of pursuing this and signing Donald long-term it would certainly make releasing Ward seem a lot more rational.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

I suspect most GMs would say Donald is worth some of these combinations:

Von and a 5th for
                        Donald and a 4th.

Or

Donald and a 4th for
                        2 1sts.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                          I suspect most GMs would say Donald is worth some of these combinations:

Von and a 5th for
                          Donald and a 4th.

Or

Donald and a 4th for
                          2 1sts.
                          For 2 firsts I'd be all over it. Von and Donald are game wreckers at their respective positions, the pass rush would be something incredible.

Although with Wade changing that defense to a 3-4 he may be holding out because he's uncomfortable playing in a 3-4 regardless of how Wade runs it
                          Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-07-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            I would not trade Talib with the intent of replacing him with Roby. PFF grades Talib at 90.6 while Roby grades out at 48.7. That's a pretty big drop off. But Talib's contract ends at the end of next season. This year and next year he's due $11 mill, so I get the point, but he's so high on his game right now.

Booker I am cool with.
                            I would prefer to keep A. Talib, but I figure:

1.) LAR needs a starting CB opposite Kayvon Webster

2.) A. Talib is playing well, but his trade value will only decrease given his age 31.

3.) The pass rush A. Donald provides will help our secondary greatly.

4.) I think B. Roby is capable of taking over now. Plus, B. Langely is a player I really
                            wanted Den to draft.

5.) Den could use A. Talib's cap savings to help re-sign both B. Roby and A. Donald.

6.) I prefer to keep our draft picks. An offseason without a draft mock
                            is a sad one.

Comment

I would love to see Donald paired with Von, and I don't really care what the cost would be. Two 1st picks, 1st pick and a player doesn't matter, that pass rush would be too much for any team to handle

Comment

Working...
                              X