No announcement yet.

Realistic Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was Elway I would cut TS to protect Vance from himself.
    Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      If I was Elway I would cut TS to protect Vance from himself.
      That wouldn't make sense. Who would back up Osweiler if he was hurt?

Whether Os would make any difference is debatable but at the very least Siemian could be benched and provide necessary depth at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        Or perhaps we just fix the most glaring holes at QB, LG, and RT.
        I was mostly joking.... But this offense has been bad since midway through 2014, and is getting worse every week.

Another poster stated an interesting fact, that our 3 highest paid players on offense are 2 WRs and a RB. These are the 2 easiest positions on a team to replace, yet the majority of the money is going to those 2 spots.

Just think about this, would the offense be that much worse if we cut DT, Sanders, and Anderson (not saying we should, just thinking out loud), and went with Fowler, Taylor, and Charles/Booker?

Comment

I am really tired of people making every single excuse for the QB and running game to be the offensive line.

I didn't watch the Chargers game because I predicted the dumpster fire which took place.

But I watched the Giants game- the offensive line was totally adequate- It was #13 not stepping into the pocket, not making quick reads and being aggressive. If you have to get rid of the ball fast, it's what you do.

For comparison, and NO I am not saying we NEED a Peyton Manning. But a Peyton Manning would have no problem taring defenses apart with this line because he got rid of the ball so fast. The line would look good. That would open up the run game. Everything would be great.

The QB play is the big problem. Inability to read coverage, make good decisions, audible into correct plays, pass around pressure, convert third downs and be efficient in the red zone.

Comment

As if every QB in the league has a good offensive line...

HAHA! Look at what Rodgers was doing.

Comment

It's funny the first 2 games everyone was good to go. The team was clicking , Siemian looked good . What happens when we no longer can run the ball ? We go to crap. Everyone has blame not just the Qb. Has he missed some throws yes , has he made mistakes ? Of course . So my question is what has changed with the offense since week 3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                As if every QB in the league has a good offensive line...

HAHA! Look at what Rodgers was doing.
                Well we don't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster....

Unfortunately we have to try to make due with what we have

Comment

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                  It's funny the first 2 games everyone was good to go. The team was clicking , Siemian looked good . What happens when we no longer can run the ball ? We go to crap. Everyone has blame not just the Qb. Has he missed some throws yes , has he made mistakes ? Of course . So my question is what has changed with the offense since week 3 ?
                  The problem is we’re averaging just over 10 points a game since the win vs Dallas. People keep talking about how good this team is, I just don’t see it. A bad coaching staff who can’t get players motivated. A QB that has already decided where he’s throwing the ball before the snap. A patchwork offensive line. I’ll honestly be shocked if we win another game this season with Siemian as the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    Well we don't have an Aaron Rodgers on the roster....

Unfortunately we have to try to make due with what we have
                    But that is sort of my point- what the QB position is capable of.

Why should we need a perfect roster with an all star offensive line, running game and wide outs to have success at the QB position?

Your QB is the leader. He should have the ability to disguise weakness in your team. Our #13 amplifies our weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                      But that is sort of my point- what the QB position is capable of.

Why should we need a perfect roster with an all star offensive line, running game and wide outs to have success at the QB position?

Your QB is the leader. He should have the ability to disguise weakness in your team. Our #13 amplifies our weakness.
                      Until we find an elite QB, yes everything else will have to be perfect.

We're not the only team in the league that can say: "if only we had Aaron Rodgers..."

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        I was mostly joking.... But this offense has been bad since midway through 2014, and is getting worse every week.

Another poster stated an interesting fact, that our 3 highest paid players on offense are 2 WRs and a RB. These are the 2 easiest positions on a team to replace, yet the majority of the money is going to those 2 spots.

Just think about this, would the offense be that much worse if we cut DT, Sanders, and Anderson (not saying we should, just thinking out loud), and went with Fowler, Taylor, and Charles/Booker?
                        Yes, ever since Manning started to decline so has the offense. That's really not unexpected. As far as DT and Sanders, like most WRs they do better with a better QB. Similarly, a great QB can make average WRs look decent. C.J. actually started the year off great before teams figured out that stacking the box and forcing Siemian to make plays was a recipe for success. Upgrade the QB and everything starts to look better. Of course shoring up the RT and LG positions would help immensely, too.

As to your idea of cutting DT, Sanders, and Anderson, that's probably too extreme. Getting rid of C.J. and one of those WRs might make sense if it leads to a better QB and a better OL.

Comment

Send DT to the Bengals for McCarron

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                            Why would we send our #1 WR to the Bengals for their 5th round, backup QB?

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                              Why would we send our #1 WR to the Bengals for their 5th round, backup QB?
                              Because that 5th round QB is better than anything we have.

Comment

Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                                He'd probably look worse than Siemian in this offense

Comment

Working...
                                X