Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 #'1's to the Colts for Luck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3 #'1's to the Colts for Luck

    You don't have a team unless you have a QB. Trev is a good guy, and a very good player, but he's just not NFL caliber.

  • #2
    Originally posted by DieHard View Post
    You don't have a team unless you have a QB. Trev is a good guy, and a very good player, but he's just not NFL caliber.
    That would probably get it done. Maybe they'd take two 1st round picks and a player.

    Comment


    • #3
      I like to fantasize about wild scenarios like this. That's all it is, though. Not very realistic. Also, Luck hasn't really lived up to the draft status, hype and contract yet. He's also been pretty injury prone. Fun thought, but even if it could happen, I'd say the price is too high for a guy who has a ginormous contract coupled with an injury history.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I would love for this to happen. However, I’d be more inclined to give a players than a 3rd first only because we would need to shave some cap space. Send them any Qb they want and a guy like Talib. Or maybe we can convince Talib and DT to take pay cuts. All highly doubtful.

        Plus, we would not be able to trade for him until the offseason because he is still injuries and will not be healthy by the deadline.

        Comment


        • #5
          If the Broncos finish with a first that's high enough this year t probably won't take 3 of them. Although the rumours persist that Luck won't play this year, and reports have the earliest he will come back is Thanksgiving. So I'd be a little concerned about his health. But if healthy I'd do the deal without thinking about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            If the Broncos finish with a first that's high enough this year t probably won't take 3 of them. Although the rumours persist that Luck won't play this year, and reports have the earliest he will come back is Thanksgiving. So I'd be a little concerned about his health. But if healthy I'd do the deal without thinking about it.
            100% agree. After two brutal losses, thinking about getting a QB of this caliber makes me excited. The possibility alone makes me feel better about losing because of what you just said about having a higher pick. Fingers crossed, right?

            Comment


            • #7
              So nice to dream to picture Luck as the next Denver Broncos Franchise QB however as Biggie would say "It's all just a Dream"
              Last edited by DENVERSB50CHAMP; 10-23-2017, 01:54 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                So nice to dream to picture Luck as the next Denver Broncos Franchise QB however as Biggie would say It's all just a Dream"
                True, but crazier things have happened before. When I was younger I always hoped for Manning to come to Denver and my buddies would always joke and said this would never happened. He is going to retire a Colt.... and then BAMMM! He signed with Denver... almost 10 years later lolol. Granted this was also not via trade.

                But colts once again are getting a high draft pick and have an injured Qb. They have a lot of holes and need a lot of picks. Might be our golden ticket in.

                Comment


                • #9
                  More kneejerking desperation? Patience young one! Believe in our Broncos.
                  I believe.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Lol, way to overreach for Luck. Doesn't he have a losing record since 2015?? Not only that but some major injuries as well?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                      More kneejerking desperation? Patience young one! Believe in our Broncos.
                      I believe in the Broncos, but right now they don't have a QB. Everyone blames the o-line but Siemian is in the middle of the pack in times under pressure, if the o-line was as bad as people say he'd be last or right around last, instead he's feeling pressure when there is none. Speaking of last, Siemian is statistically the worst QB in the NFL when under pressure, which is another indication he can't play.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                        Lol, way to overreach for Luck. Doesn't he have a losing record since 2015?? Not only that but some major injuries as well?

                        A losing record since 2015, that's a big sample size...

                        There are injury issues, but a damaged Luck is still much much better than anyone Denver currently has.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          If the Broncos finish with a first that's high enough this year t probably won't take 3 of them. Although the rumours persist that Luck won't play this year, and reports have the earliest he will come back is Thanksgiving. So I'd be a little concerned about his health. But if healthy I'd do the deal without thinking about it.
                          My only concern is that shoulder and his $$$$. But like u said if healthy the deal would be a no brainer. And eventually, he would be the 3rd QB drafted by the Colts to take us and win a SB. How would that be for a history book footnote.
                          #swapping

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            A losing record since 2015, that's a big sample size...

                            There are injury issues, but a damaged Luck is still much much better than anyone Denver currently has.
                            Ok, let's just ship off 3 first round picks for an injury prone QB with a losing record the last 2 years.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well it worked out pretty well the last 2 times we got Colts QBs, why not try again

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X