Paxton's a dunce, Siemian is ruined & BO throws into team meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton's a dunce, Siemian is ruined & BO throws into team meetings

With the Denver Broncos record being what it is and our QBs being far less than average, what are our chances of landing a Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen?

I know Cleveland and both NY teams will be drafting higher if the season were to end today. I am really disappointed that the Cleveland Browns were stupid enough to fail on the AJ McCarran trade. I was really hoping that they would make that trade therefore they would not interfere in the quarterback selection next April.

It seems the popular choice right now would be Baker Mayfield but I'm not sure we leaving behind up to draft him anyway give your assessment on all three or whatever quarterback you would like Denver to draft in April.

Two 1st round QBs in 3 years, I know it's probably necessary, but that is really bad.

I wonder if that's ever happened before? A team drafting two 1st round QBs in 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Two 1st round QBs in 3 years, I know it's probably necessary, but that is really bad.

I wonder if that's ever happened before? A team drafting two 1st round QBs in 3 years
      Browns

Manziel and weedon
      sigpic

Comment

You hate Paxton but want Josh Allen? He’s a skill set Paxton clone. Except he didn’t dominate the power conference teams like Lynch did in college. Hard pass on that guy.
        sigpic

Comment

I like Mayfield and Thorson. I don't think we'll pick high enough to get Jackson or Rosen. Darnold says he's going back to USC.

Comment

I believe is it definitely necessary. But even then with this front office I am still very skeptical because if they've proven anything they have proven that they are incapable of drafting offensive players.

They were willing to pay rock Osweiler $16 million. What does that say for the credibility of John Elway and this front office?

I don't know who is in charge out of the Bowlen children but if one of them decides to steps up, I think we just might see a major overhaul here in the mile high city.

Yes John Elway is responsible for putting together a great defense but he refused to pay the guy that coached that defense to a super bowl victory

As for Gary Kubiak, I now feel as if the man began to second-guess himself and his system however the same system worked in Dallas last season.

This is our third regime in four years and it still yielding the same result on offense.

Something has got to give and it starts at the top. I don't mean to go on a rant about a whole other subject but I'm just not sure if I can trust this front office and they're inability to draft on offense. So with that said we cannot rely on them to find us a quarterback in the later rounds they need to get one of the top two guys in order to be relevant on offense so yes it is more than necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              You hate Paxton but want Josh Allen? He’s a skill set Paxton clone. Except he didn’t dominate the power conference teams like Lynch did in college. Hard pass on that guy.
              Did I miss something? I'm not sure I said anywhere that I hated Paxton or wanted Josh Allen.

I asked for the opinion of the forum but If one thing chaps my ass, it is the fact that you guys assume too damn much and like to put words into people's mouth.

Again I did not say that I want to Josh Allen I asked for an opinion from the forum.
              Stop taking offense because I said Paxton is a dunce. Yes I said he's a dunce but that is not the same as saying I hate him.

Comment

I wouldn't even think about drafting a QB while Elway is running the show. His evaluation of QBs is horrendous, as evidenced by choosing Lynch in the 1st round and attempting to give Osweiler the keys to the franchise, along with a massive contract.

I don't know how anybody could trust Elway to draft a QB. The Broncos' best hope for a QB is if a veteran gets released IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
                  I wouldn't even think about drafting a QB while Elway is running the show. His evaluation of QBs is horrendous, as evidenced by choosing Lynch in the 1st round and attempting to give Osweiler the keys to the franchise, along with a massive contract.

I don't know how anybody could trust Elway to draft a QB. The Broncos' best hope for a QB is if a veteran gets released IMO.
                  A lot of people had Lynch going in the 1st round. That wasn't some kind of horrendous reach. For QBs the draft is a total crapshoot.

Comment

I'm still under the belief that Siemian is fine, our offense is just a mess. I don't really think any QB can fix it.
                    I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      Browns

Manziel and weedon
                      And how did that work out for them?

Comment

And how did that work out for them?
                        worked out well for every team drafting behind them and for every team that plays against them
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post

Who would you have gotten instead???

Yes he missed on Dak, but every other team passed up on him as well. And to be honest, he might not look any better than Brock or Siemian in this offense.

Comment

Still would like to see Lynch get some game experience before calling him a bust. The way this season is going I expect him to get it the last six games or so.

Instead of another rookie QB to develop I much prefer Elway take the option of signing or trading for an experienced QB and using the high pick on an OT. This assumes the Broncos are not making the decision for a multi year rebuild. Then another rookie QB makes sense to me.

Comment

Who would you have gotten instead???

Yes he missed on Dak, but every other team passed up on him as well. And to be honest, he might not look any better than Brock or Siemian in this offense.
                              To be fair he was very high on Dak and had he not got the DUI we probably would have drafted him

Comment

Working...
                              X