Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Foles? (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I disagreed with the hyperbolic statement that he's "the worst coach ever." I agree that he was mediocre overall and continued passed his prime. I don't agree that VJ is mediocre at this point, he deserves an "F" for his one season.
    Ah gotcha, no worries. Yeah, I can definitely agree with the F grade from VJ. Just a pitiful, sad attempt to lead this team. I'm sure we were both in the same boat with wanting VJ to get canned this offseason.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mosk View Post
      Ah gotcha, no worries. Yeah, I can definitely agree with the F grade from VJ. Just a pitiful, sad attempt to lead this team. I'm sure we were both in the same boat with wanting VJ to get canned this offseason.
      I'm also not very enthusiastic with this season going forward. I'm not going to spend too much time on it, but VJ better have learned a lot going into the 2018 season. I dont want to hear about great Wednesday practices and two score defecits. I hope he'll have some senior advisors or experienced coaches to help him out in preparation this time around.
      Superbowl 50 Champions!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        I'm also not very enthusiastic with this season going forward. I'm not going to spend too much time on it, but VJ better have learned a lot going into the 2018 season. I dont want to hear about great Wednesday practices and two score defecits. I hope he'll have some senior advisors or experienced coaches to help him out in preparation this time around.
        Lmao yeah, that's what irked me the most. I can almost assure you VJ said that on a weekly basis. Talk about beating a dead horse.

        I know it was only the Senior Bowl, an exhibition game at best, but he showed again that he was out coached badly on a equal playing field. Another blowout loss as well.

        What Pederson and Reich did with Foles on the fly was masterful. I can only hold out some hope that Musgrave can do the same with our offense.
        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

        Comment


        • No to Folles.

          Comment


          • The patriots defense was atrocious and thanks to their stubborn coach who lost them the game by sitting Malcolm Butler. They didn't even have him

            With that being said. I think it's safe to say Foles is actually pretty solid and when given a decent supporting cast and smart coach...he can do what you need to win.

            What sucks to me is that we have VJ when the Eagles got Pederson, Rams got McVey. And we have this clown

            As far as getting Foles. I'd attempt to, why not? See what the price is. If we don't have to give up much we can get a solid starter and then go blue chip @ #5

            So, between him and Cousins, it just allows for more options.

            Comment


            • Just seen this stat on NFL Live .

              Foles
              7.3mil/yr

              #23 ranked contract of QBs

              Wentz
              7.6mill/yr

              #22 ranked contract of QBs

              The talking heads said a player + a 2nd for Foles.
              ( sounds crazy )

              But Talib or DT & a 2nd and I'm sold.

              Also would lean more towards DT to free up some cap space.

              Also would be fine with giving Foles a pay raise in the area of 15-20mil /yr ( back loaded ) with opt out for the team.

              Get Foles, trade down and get the best OLine guy and I think we're primed for 11wins

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                Just seen this stat on NFL Live .

                Foles
                7.3mil/yr

                #23 ranked contract of QBs

                Wentz
                7.6mill/yr

                #22 ranked contract of QBs

                The talking heads said a player + a 2nd for Foles.
                ( sounds crazy )

                But Talib or DT & a 2nd and I'm sold.

                Also would lean more towards DT to free up some cap space.

                Also would be fine with giving Foles a pay raise in the area of 15-20mil /yr ( back loaded ) with opt out for the team.

                Get Foles, trade down and get the best OLine guy and I think we're primed for 11wins
                Considering our draft position, I think a 3rd is fair, not too far away from their own 2nd.

                Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  I disagreed with the hyperbolic statement that he's "the worst coach ever." I agree that he was mediocre overall and continued passed his prime. I don't agree that VJ is mediocre at this point, he deserves an "F" for his one season.
                  You guys take stuff way too literal around here, lol

                  Anyway, Fisher is a terrible coach, one good season almost 20 years ago doesn't change that.

                  But... that is off topic, sorta

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                    Considering our draft position, I think a 3rd is fair, not too far away from their own 2nd.
                    Ahh crud. Our 2nd is dang near a 1st. I forgot. My apologies lol.

                    A 3rd just doesn't sound right for a SB MVP. Even when paired with a B+ player.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      I think we may need to slow down a little here. Pats were what 26th? against the pass and for whatever stupid reason they benched their starting corner for the game. Nick Foles played a hell of a game, not taking anything away from him but he is not better than Cousins. His last 2 regular season games.....23 out of 49 pass's, 202 yards, 1 td and 2 int's against the Raiders and Cowboys. It's a knee jerk reaction, no need to get off track with other QB's they already had their eyes on.
                      The Vikings were second against the pass and Foles was 26-33-0 and three TDs against them in a 38-7 game.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                        Ahh crud. Our 2nd is dang near a 1st. I forgot. My apologies lol.

                        A 3rd just doesn't sound right for a SB MVP. Even when paired with a B+ player.
                        May have to do a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year that could be as high as a 2nd.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • I can't say a lot about Foles from just watching him play, because I missed most of his bad games. The only ones I've really ever watched were 2013 and this year. Here's a rundown of what's on paper.

                          2012 His rookie year as a back up under Andy Reid he played comparably to Mike Vick on a pretty bad team that couldn't stop the run much and lost a ton of fumbles. Pederson was his quarterback's coach.

                          2013 Again coming into the season as a backup now under Chip Kelly, Pat Shurmur, and Bill Lazor, he had a pro bowl season, vastly outperforming Mike Vick and Matt Barkley on a team that was much better against the run, but couldn't stop the passing game to save their lives. They did however, have the league's best running game. Foles played very well in a Wild Card game against the Saints.

                          2014 Under Kelly, Shurmur, and Bill Musgrave, Foles had a very pedestrian year as the full time starter before a broken collar bone. Mark Sanchez came in and performed similarly except for taking a boat load more sacks than Foles did. This team sucked defensively, and had a good but not great running game.

                          2015 Foles was brought in to start, played poorly, and was outplayed by Case Keenum after being benched. Foles went 4-7, and Keenum went 3-2. The Rams defense was not very good, but they had a good running game. Jeff Fisher was the HC.

                          2016 Andy Reid brought Foles back in a backup role. Foles didn't play much to speak of, but played well when he did.

                          2017 Pederson brought Foles back in a backup capacity. The Eagles were ranked 3rd in rushing, 1st in run defense, and 4th in overall defense this year. The Eagles defense was also 4th in created turnovers. Foles was dreadful at first, but tremendous in the NFCC and SB.
                          Last edited by Spice 1; 02-05-2018, 02:43 PM.

                          Comment


                          • For me, Foles will not ride the pine behind Wentz come next season. He will get traded, possibly at his request but at a destination of his choosing and the Broncos won't be on that list for a myriad of reasons. The coaching, the roster and possibly Elway. Too many negative variables with the current Broncos and potentially a lot of talent walking out the door. Not the ideal situation to walk into compared to where you are coming from, although I don't remember Denver fans looting the town and torching cars as celebration when we won Super Bowl L.
                            www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by legend View Post
                              For me, Foles will not ride the pine behind Wentz come next season. He will get traded, possibly at his request but at a destination of his choosing and the Broncos won't be on that list for a myriad of reasons. The coaching, the roster and possibly Elway. Too many negative variables with the current Broncos and potentially a lot of talent walking out the door. Not the ideal situation to walk into compared to where you are coming from, although I don't remember Denver fans looting the town and torching cars as celebration when we won Super Bowl L.
                              So my question is for the same reasons you listed foles won't sign...Kirk will and would want to come here for the same reason???
                              In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                                Everyone keeps talking about our line...we can't draft a RB bc who is gonna block for him.....You can't talk foles bc of our line....if our line is so bad...no point in getting Kirk nor taking a qb in the 1st Rd if that's the case.
                                Well, our oline does need help, and it's true that RB's and QB's will continue to look bad if oline play doesn't improve. What I was saying is trading for Foles at the expense of draft picks needed to address the line (and other needs of the team) doesn't get us where probably any of us on the boards want to go. It's filling one hole, while leaving others unfilled.

                                Kirk is a little different because it's just a matter of salary, not draft picks. But that salary could force some moves that open up more holes in the roster.

                                Drafting a QB at 5 also means not drafting a OT in the first. None of these approaches are perfect, and I get the frustration because we're really not a great spot having more than 1 glaring need to address. But that's what makes the offseason interesting!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X