No announcement yet.

Nick Foles? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Cousins will and will get paid what he wants in the process. We can probably build a team around cousins if it is done correctly but I have my doubts with the moron currently coaching the team.

I would sign Cousins, trade the other three, cut Talib, draft a RT in the first and a WR/CB in the second and given we are drafting so high, first rould talent will still be available. Question is, do we have the intelligence to get the right guy or go sign a LS/punter instead?

When you run your eye over other teams talent and compare it to ours, we are a long way off the pace at the moment. Some teams are built to win now and into the future (Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Jaguars). IMO, we are just above the Browns with no strong selling points.
    Last edited by legend; 02-05-2018, 03:13 PM.
    www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

• Can we have Nick Foles?

Guy played lights out on the biggest stage

Comment

• Foles would be good. 2 Super Bowl championships with Foles at the helm.

They are other options, but he would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by legend View Post
          I agree. Cousins will and will get paid what he wants in the process. We can probably build a team around cousins if it is done correctly but I have my doubts with the moron currently coaching the team.

I would sign Cousins, trade the other three, cut Talib, draft a RT in the first and a WR/CB in the second and given we are drafting so high, first rould talent will still be available. Question is, do we have the intelligence to get the right guy or go sign a LS/punter instead?

When you run your eye over other teams talent and compare it to ours, we are a long way off the pace at the moment. Some teams are built to win now and into the future (Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Jaguars). IMO, we are just above the Browns with no strong selling points.
          I think its deceptive how some teams are poor one year and the next they are contenders. The eagles went 6-10 in 2016 season, and this year they are Superbowl champions. The cowboys were the #1 seed last year in the NFC, this year they didnt even make playoffs. The Rams went 4-12 last season, but then won the division and went to playoffs this year. Jags were what, 2-14 last year, and this year they were one flag away from the Superbowl.

I'm not assuming we'll make such a drastic turnaround, but it does show how much can change in one offseason.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• He's never played a full season, and he's been a journeyman
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Foles is better than what the Broncos have at quarterback, so I wouldn’t oppose trading for him.
              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• I went back and watched the two games that Nick Foles played in 2016 with Kansas City and it was a mixed bag. I think he would 100% be an upgrade here, but I don't know if he would be a franchise type quarterback or even the long-term answer. I would throw him in with the rest of the middle of the road quarterbacks available this off-season in Bradford, Cousins, Keenum, and Bridgewater.

Like the guys above he really only looked good when everything around him was going well, and he wasn't relied upon. He looked like the definition of a game manager, and really didn't seem to make plays on his own, or show he could overcome adversity really in these two games, especially the second game he played in.

In the first game against the Colts I will say he looked very confident, constantly took shots into the second level of the defense, gave his receivers chances to make plays, and was very accurate. However, in the redzone he missed a wide open touchdown throw and took a sack by holding onto the ball too long and not feeling the pressure, he did lead his team to 20 points in essentially one half of football though.

In the second game against the Jaguars it looked like Andy Reid did not trust him at all. Nick Foles threw a bunch of check downs and screen plays which looked designed, and the ball rarely was pushed down field. Most of the points came on short fields where the offense settled for field goals because failed runs on early downs and lack of aggressiveness from Foles forced the offense to stall.

I think in the right system Foles could flourish, but I don't see him being a long-term answer, he is a guy you will probably always be looking to replace. He might not even be available but if he is, and he isn't to expensive, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in, but as I said he looks to be a game manager just like the rest of the veteran guys available. However, you can't really expect franchise guys to just be available on the open market, I am hoping we can draft and develop our own guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by legend View Post
                  It's interesting you picked those 4 teams to compare us too, none of which finished above .500 just the year before.

Before this year, the Vikings had only made the playoffs twice in the previous 7 years. This is the first time in 12 years the Rams had made the playoffs, its also the first time they've finished above .500 during that same span. It had been 10 years since the Jaguars had last made the playoffs or finished above .500. The Eagles have also only made the playoffs twice in the last 7 years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams and Jaguars take a step back next year, much like the Raiders did this year (who everybody said last year was loaded with talent). It's hard for teams that have consistently lost over the years to turn into a consistent playoff team.

I like the mentality around here, one bad year and we're suddenly the Browns. The Eagles are a perfect example of how quickly things change in the NFL, after back to back losing seasons, and 3 straight years missing the playoffs they win the Super Bowl this year with a backup QB.

Comment

• Foles is more likely to end up in Minnesota. The Vikings are looking to add John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator, the currant Eagles quarter backs coach. If he does end up in Minnesota it makes a ton of sense that Foles follows him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Foles is more likely to end up in Minnesota. The Vikings are looking to add John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator, the currant Eagles quarter backs coach. If he does end up in Minnesota it makes a ton of sense that Foles follows him there.
                      That could happen, or DeFilippo might end up as Indy's HC. Just speculating. Indy needs someone because ...
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        That could happen, or DeFilippo might end up as Indy's HC. Just speculating. Indy needs someone because ...
                        I think the Colts have Frank Reich lined up for an interview, I'm not sure about DeFilippo

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          Foles is more likely to end up in Minnesota. The Vikings are looking to add John DeFilippo as their offensive coordinator, the currant Eagles quarter backs coach. If he does end up in Minnesota it makes a ton of sense that Foles follows him there.
                          I hope the Vikings are dumb enough to do that. Knock out the last bit of competition we have for cousins.

Comment

• What if WSH franchises him again?
                            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• I truly hope I don't sound ungrateful...I mean the guy just won us our first ring. I went through rich kotite...Buddy Ryan wasting Reggie white...mcnabb's collapse...decades and decades...and finally Foles delivers it. You can't comprehend how much we love this guy, and this team...

But...

The Eagles OL is good. Very good. Foles just doesn't read a defense especially well...and without that protection...I don't know. I KNOW Cousins can play tough football because I saw him do it. Without much around him. I think the Flacco comments are probably right. This is a true TEAM...with a coaching staff willing to adapt to what it has rather than forcing square pegs into round holes. The culture and leadership from guys like Jenkins, Peter's and Kelce really kept it all going...I'd be careful before thinking Foles is worth huge money.

As far as trades...I don't know what philly is going to do. We have a cap issue and we don't have the draft capital to get replacements. At the same time, I don't know how they can trade Foles before Wentz is practicing. My GUESS is that a 1st rd pick would mean they have to trade him...but if I were an opposing GM, I wouldn't do it.

Another piece of this is loyalty. If Foles wants out...I think we'll agree and avoid sending him to the jets or Browns. Letting him pick competent teams could lower his trade value since you won't be competing with desperate franchises looking to make a splash.

I really hope I don't seem ungrateful, but if I'm Denver, it's still Rosen or Cousins.

That said - THANK YOU NICK FOLES!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhillyFoles View Post

The Eagles OL is good. Very good. Foles just doesn't read a defense especially well...and without that protection...I don't know. I KNOW Cousins can play tough football because I saw him do it. Without much around him. I think the Flacco comments are probably right. This is a true TEAM...with a coaching staff willing to adapt to what it has rather than forcing square pegs into round holes. The culture and leadership from guys like Jenkins, Peter's and Kelce really kept it all going...I'd be careful before thinking Foles is worth huge money.
                                That's my only issue with Foles. The Denver O-Line is definitely not the Philly O-Line. That being said, if we can't get Kirk Cousins, Foles is still my next choice. The veteran players here want a QB with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X