No announcement yet.

Nick Foles? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude did have 7 Td's in a game the same year as Peyton.
    :lombardi:

Comment

• You can get Nick Foles to come here, but VJ will find a way to fondle his headset and mess it up.
      :lombardi:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
        Just out of curiosity...what is it exactly that some of you dislike about Foles? After Cousins, there aren't many good options on the FA market.
        I don't like the asking price, the one year left on his contract (which means he'd be in line for a healthy raise in order to make the deal) and his time as a starter from 2014-2017, minus the playoffs when he stepped up his game at the biggest time.

He's an upgrade over what Denver currently has, but he's far from a sure thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhillyFoles View Post
          You're assuming the eagles are the ones who came up with that. You're also assuming they actually want to trade him.

He has a mixed record, I think he's a system guy for the most part...but he's, potentially, a quality starter. Would I trade more than a late first? Of course not...and even that may be pushing it.

Other considerations...after what he did, I think Nick is going to get a say. They aren't just going to ship him to the Browns, and that impacts value. By the same token, if Nick wants out...they'll likely honor it.

I don't think Philly is going to be too hot to trade him given the severity of Wentz's injury.
          Isn't all QBs "System" QBs?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
            All QBs are system QBs but most teams systems may be different. Eagles offensive system and personal fits Foles perfectly. While Foles has a great endings with the Eagles, I don’t feel like he would have the same success with another team. So far, his transition to two other teams have shown that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Endaround View Post
              Dude did have 7 Td's in a game the same year as Peyton.
              Sid Luckman (1943), Adrian Burk (1954), George Blanda (1961), Y.A. Tittle (1962), Joe Kapp (1969), Peyton Manning (2013), Nick Foles (2013) and Drew Brees (2015)
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

You're assuming the eagles are the ones who came up with that. You're also assuming they actually want to trade him.

He has a mixed record, I think he's a system guy for the most part...but he's, potentially, a quality starter. Would I trade more than a late first? Of course not...and even that may be pushing it.

Other considerations...after what he did, I think Nick is going to get a say. They aren't just going to ship him to the Browns, and that impacts value. By the same token, if Nick wants out...they'll likely honor it.

I don't think Philly is going to be too hot to trade him given the severity of Wentz's injury.
                Unless a QB calls his own plays, aren't they all playing within a system in which they run what is called? Even the ones who call their own plays didn't compile the playbook or put together the game plan, did they?

I think you could say that Peyton Manning invented his own system in Indy.

Just food for thought.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  There is a belief that some players will thrive no matter what system into which you insert them.

I don’t think most would describe Nick Foles as that kind of player, but clearly he’s good enough to help a team win a championship, with the right kind of team around him.

He has proven something that Kirk Cousins hasn’t.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    There is a belief that some players will thrive no matter what system into which you insert them.

I don’t think most would describe Nick Foles as that kind of player, but clearly he’s good enough to help a team win a championship, with the right kind of team around him.

He has proven something that Kirk Cousins hasn’t.
                    To be fair, KC hasn't had a team like that around him. Put Foles on the Skins and I doubt he has a ring.
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                      To be fair, KC hasn't had a team like that around him. Put Foles on the Skins and I doubt he has a ring.
                      Smh....people...eagles didn't have a star studded team....alshon nobody believe in him and sucked the first part of the year...auglor....came on mid point coming off a down season his rookie year....t.e. played great.....loss LT peters.....stop making excuses for KC.....he had weapons.
                      Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

• I've watched KC quite a bit...to put it mildly, I disagree.

Cousins has had head in ass coaching, a completely dysfunctional team with a dysfunctional owner, an inconsistent OL...

And he makes plays and takes hits. You can pound on him...and gets up and makes plays.

I don't want to crap on what Foles did here, but you are totally wrong across the board. His OL protection was insane. Nelson A was making plays across the middle all year. Ertz was healthy, finally. Alshon can make amazing catches if the QB has time to find him.

I think our coaching and culture was also superb. I'm one of the few who was a dougie p fan from the get go...and I LOVE the team culture we have here. Washington does not have that.

I will forever love Foles...but KC is a much better QB.

Comment

I will forever love Foles...but KC is a much better QB.
                          Foles came through in the clutch. That is worth noting. Even Matt Ryan has struggled with that.

Comment

• Foles played well once again. Maybe they should be considering this guy since there really aren't many other good options in 2019.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Foldes does his best work in his current role...

As a backup.... no overpaying for a backup again..
                              sigpic

Comment

• I personally don’t want anymore retreads. I want us to resign Case for 1 year and draft a rookie with our 1st round pick to groom behind him. We are in prime position to take Will Grier, Drew Lock, or maybe even Dwayne Haskins. That should be our game plan, fill some holes in FA, and sell our souls for a QB in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X