Nick Foles? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by River Side View Post
    Problem with including Foles in the a list of Cousins, Alex Smith, Bridgewater etc is the fact that these guys fold late December. Do you want a September, October dink dunker, or someone who has brass balls to stand in the pocket in December/January and deliver bombs as he takes hits?
    I want nothing to do with any of the guys you just mentioned. I was dead against all of these veteran free agents a year ago, and I am dead against it now. I don't see why you would go out and lock up more money at the quarterback position, when you already have an average one on your roster locked in for big money. Go and try to find a young guy, and if there isn't one out there you like, just roll with Case again and build up the rest of the roster, no more re-treads in Denver.

Comment

• I was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and he was saying everything I've been banging the table on Foles. He is not a guy that you can build around, he is only good for a team that is ready to win now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        I was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and he was saying everything I've been banging the table on Foles. He is not a guy that you can build around, he is only good for a team that is ready to win now.
        Good thing we're a team built to win already... We have all the pieces in place, we just need a QB, a MLB and o-line. We addressed the o-line by hiring Munchack, there are some great MLB's in FA this year, just need a QB (and maybe a TE)

This team isn't miles away. We're right there, we were just hamstrung by poor coaching and QB'ing last year.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          Good thing we're a team built to win already... We have all the pieces in place, we just need a QB, a MLB and o-line. We addressed the o-line by hiring Munchack, there are some great MLB's in FA this year, just need a QB (and maybe a TE)

This team isn't miles away. We're right there, we were just hamstrung by poor coaching and QB'ing last year.
          No DBs?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I dont think we are miles away either, the whole rebuild talk is bogus imo. My own personal feelings on Foles is that he will not be good away from Pederson's offenses. He can go down to Jacksonville and work under Defalipo and maybe do ok but other than that he will be just another Keenum

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
              I dont think we are miles away either, the whole rebuild talk is bogus imo. My own personal feelings on Foles is that he will not be good away from Pederson's offenses. He can go down to Jacksonville and work under Defalipo and maybe do ok but other than that he will be just another Keenum
              I think defensively we'll be fine. I know CB was an issue last year, but a huge chunk of that was that we were running way to much zone instead of man press. Fangio has run zone a lot in the past, but he's also very vocal about not having a set defensive scheme. He schemes around his players and their skills. Our players are at their best in a man press, I actually anticipate him unlike woods, being smart enough to recognize that. If not, we'll add a few corners.

Offensively, the o-line was significantly improved last year and with munchack's coaching and a few additions, it'll be even stronger next year. Offensively we need a TE, maybe a little bit more depth at WR (though, with another offseason under their belt, we may be ok) and a QB which Foles in my book would upgrade significantly over Keenum.
              sigpic

Comment

• If RS likes a QB in this draft then we should draft him at #10 if possible. Rolling w/CK this year and waiting till 2020 when off. schemes are more clear is what I would do. I don't think JE will be hooked by another over priced avg. QB again.

Comment

• Foles, like Keenum, is a system Qb. Which is fine but we would need to Taylor an offense specifically for him and not put too much on his plate. We can do the same for Keenum if we wanted to but we want to build for the future.

Imo Foles would just be a more expensive bridge for the guy we draft

Comment

We are not built to win now. We are weak at CB, TE, WR and have no QB. We are also questionable tab RB. Royce wasn’t all the impressive, and we don’t know if Lindsay has the size to he a feature back, he’s already suffered a bad injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                      We are not built to win now. We are weak at CB, TE, WR and have no QB. We are also questionable tab RB. Royce wasn’t all the impressive, and we don’t know if Lindsay has the size to he a feature back, he’s already suffered a bad injury.

The only one i'll give you is TE, however, we've got good TE's they just have to stay healthy. We aren't weak at WR, we could use a little more depth, but not by any means weak and If you really think we're questionable at RB, I have to respectfully disagree. Royce looked good when called upon last year, even Booker looked good. Lindsay will be just fine.
                      sigpic

Comment

The only one i'll give you is TE, however, we've got good TE's they just have to stay healthy. We aren't weak at WR, we could use a little more depth, but not by any means weak and If you really think we're questionable at RB, I have to respectfully disagree. Royce looked good when called upon last year, even Booker looked good. Lindsay will be just fine.
                        I’m not worried about which you want to give me. We are absolutly weak a TE, whether it’s due to injury or talent, that’s a weak spot. With Sanders out, we have no #1 WR. Lindsay is talented, but his frame will continue to be a worry as a featured back, injured his first year. Royce had a couple decent games but overall was way over hyped.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          I’m not worried about which you want to give me. We are absolutly weak a TE, whether it’s due to injury or talent, that’s a weak spot. With Sanders out, we have no #1 WR. Lindsay is talented, but his frame will continue to be a worry as a featured back, injured his first year. Royce had a couple decent games but overall was way over hyped.
                          I also don't see it with Freeman. I said after we drafted him that it screamed another Elway middle round miss pick, so far it looks that way. I think Freeman can be decent, churn out some yards, make a couple plays here and there, but he doesn't scream feature back like everyone made him out to be. I think at Oregon his tape was pretty average, and he looked pretty average in his rookie year.

The other positions you mentioned us also being weak at, cornerback, I agree, tight-end, very much so, quarterback, obviously, and wide receiver, right now it's all hype and no substance, but I have a lot of hope for that group. You also forgot inside linebacker, safety, and the main one, offensive line. I don't think you even painted it out as bad as it is. Elway has a lot of work to do no doubt, but after putting together a nice coaching staff on paper, I am hopful he can make the right moves to position us to at least be able to beat the bad teams in this league, and compete with some average ones to put us back to a potential 9-7 team, we will see though.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            I also don't see it with Freeman. I said after we drafted him that it screamed another Elway middle round miss pick, so far it looks that way. I think Freeman can be decent, churn out some yards, make a couple plays here and there, but he doesn't scream feature back like everyone made him out to be. I think at Oregon his tape was pretty average, and he looked pretty average in his rookie year.

The other positions you mentioned us also being weak at, cornerback, I agree, tight-end, very much so, quarterback, obviously, and wide receiver, right now it's all hype and no substance, but I have a lot of hope for that group. You also forgot inside linebacker, safety, and the main one, offensive line. I don't think you even painted it out as bad as it is. Elway has a lot of work to do no doubt, but after putting together a nice coaching staff on paper, I am hopful he can make the right moves to position us to at least be able to beat the bad teams in this league, and compete with some average ones to put us back to a potential 9-7 team, we will see though.
                            The problem with Freeman isn’t talent. The problem is after the first couple of games when he played well teams started stacking the box (similar to what they did to Lindsay the last 3 games) and dared us to beat them down the field with the passing game, which obviously didn’t happen.
                            Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 01-17-2019, 02:26 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              The problem with Freeman isn’t talent. The problem is after the first couple of games when he played well teams started stacking the box (similar to what they did to Lindsay the last 3 games) and dared ya to beat us down the field with he passing game, which obviously didn’t happen.
                              Even still, with the ball in his hands, he is just average. I don't see any quick twitch, I don't see the explosiveness, even his biggest selling point, his power, I don't see it with him. Montee Ball looked about the same in his rookie season as Royce Freeman did, and I do think Freeman will be more of a contributor next year, but I don't ever see him ever being more than solid, or a guy teams need to game plan for. Lindsay on the other hand, hopefully we use his explosiveness more next season, he could have so much more value in the passing game in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                                Even still, with the ball in his hands, he is just average. I don't see any quick twitch, I don't see the explosiveness, even his biggest selling point, his power, I don't see it with him. Montee Ball looked about the same in his rookie season as Royce Freeman did, and I do think Freeman will be more of a contributor next year, but I don't ever see him ever being more than solid, or a guy teams need to game plan for. Lindsay on the other hand, hopefully we use his explosiveness more next season, he could have so much more value in the passing game in my opinion.
                                Go watch the first 2-3 games again. I disagree with you, but that’s ok. I think he’s good for a 3rd round back.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X