Nick Foles? (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Foles is under contract with the eagles next yr and they'd be stupid to trade him, when Wentz isn't guaranteed to be ready for the start of next season.

Broncos can't & won't go journey man QB shopping, they need a bonified Stud. Its either Cousins, Luck or a 1st round QB. I'd stay far away from Foles, Vikings trio, AJ McCarran. I'd rather take my chances with Lynch, OZ and Kelly.
    Why would you call Cousins a bonafide stud? This stud you speak of got his team 6 wins as of today, yet our pile of QBs got 5. Some might say he didn't have great support, well hey look around the Broncos. If he can't lift the team he's been on for the last 5 years, why would you think he can come in here like a PM and turn this team around? And you want to give $30M too? Ah, no!

You can throw out any QB name that isn't a HoFer and someone will have some negative comments about them as if there are real HoFers just looking to come to our team because we have so much potential. Just because a journeyman didn't look good when they were in their first few years, doesn't mean that they never developed to the next level over the years. Nick Foles didn't have his best years being under Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, no surprise there. He's throw 27 INTs in his last 6 years, 0 in 2017 and 2016.

Broncos country would never be happy with a FA unless it was Luck or Cousins, so I would draft one and get a journeyman (or Brock) until the drafted QB or Kelly can start. If we got Baker Mayfield, it would be interesting to see Mayfield and Kelly compete for the starting job, I would expect that to be fierce unofficial QB competition.

Update: Just wanted to qualify what I said about Cousins. I would like Cousins for the right price. Anything close to $20M and I'll all in.

Update II: I am thinking that something around $27M is closer to what is realistic.I just don't want to mess with this defense, as in letting Talib go. We need leadership on the defense!
    Last edited by haciendadad; 12-22-2017, 12:14 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
      Why would you call Cousins a bonafide stud? This stud you speak of got his team 6 wins as of today, yet our pile of QBs got 5. Some might say he didn't have great support, well hey look around the Broncos. If he can't lift the team he's been on for the last 5 years, why would you think he can come in here like a PM and turn this team around? And you want to give $30M too? Ah, no!

You can throw out any QB name that isn't a HoFer and someone will have some negative comments about them as if there are real HoFers just looking to come to our team because we have so much potential. Just because a journeyman didn't look good when they were in their first few years, doesn't mean that they never developed to the next level over the years. Nick Foles didn't have his best years being under Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher, no surprise there. He's throw 27 INTs in his last 6 years, 0 in 2017 and 2016.

Broncos country would never be happy with a FA unless it was Luck or Cousins, so I would draft one and get a journeyman (or Brock) until the drafted QB or Kelly can start. If we got Baker Mayfield, it would be interesting to see Mayfield and Kelly compete for the starting job, I would expect that to be fierce unofficial QB competition.

Yeah my hope would be to draft Mayfield and have him & Kelly compete for the eventual starting gig and to bring in Tyrod Taylor as the bridge until Mayfield/Kelly are ready to take the reigns.

Show Siemian & Brock the door and try to get at least a small half-eaten bag of original flavored sunflower seeds for Lynch or just let him run the practice squad until his contract expires.
      Last edited by Mel B.; 12-22-2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Nick Foles?

The Foles to Denver talk is starting...at least with the Bronco fans. What do you think about him? Also, could we afford him? I think we can.

Comment

I'm not a fan of him, I think he looks good now because of the Eagles great offensive line. He's had only 1 good year out of 6 and was absolutely terrible in St Louis. He seems to do good in the back up role, I think that's just where he belongs.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
            The Foles to Denver talk is starting...at least with the Bronco fans. What do you think about him? Also, could we afford him? I think we can.
            I’d pass on him. I personally don’t think he is all that great. He has fit well with the eagles but there is a reason he was let go/ walked away from Eagles, Rams, and KC. I live in Philly and watched too many of his game. I just don’t think he could turn our team around. We need something fresh or top tier imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
              Why would Philadelphia trade him? He's a good backup on a relatively cheap contract and their starting QB wrecked his knee late in the season, which means he might not be ready to go at the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                Why would Philadelphia trade him? He's a good backup on a relatively cheap contract and their starting QB wrecked his knee late in the season, which means he might not be ready to go at the start of the season.
                If he wins a Super Bowl, there will be a team that would trade a relatively high pick for him, most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  If he wins a Super Bowl, there will be a team that would trade a relatively high pick for him, most likely.

Perhaps. But again Philly would need to weigh that v the fact they might need a QB ready to play in September. But they do have cap issues, so being able to add young cheap players could interest them. I just hope it's not Denver giving up the pick for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    Perhaps. But again Philly would need to weigh that v the fact they might need a QB ready to play in September. But they do have cap issues, so being able to add young cheap players could interest them. I just hope it's not Denver giving up the pick for him.
                    Foles isn't going anywhere..however, if a team is dumb enough to give up good draft capital for a guy making this playoff run running RPO's and mirrored pass concepts , go ahead..

Comment

He signed a long term deal to be a back up. I think he is content in that role. Even if he isn’t he is crazy inconsistent. Some weeks he looks like an all pro and other weeks he is chucking lame ducks and sending balls sailing over his receivers heads.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                        He signed a long term deal to be a back up. I think he is content in that role. Even if he isn’t he is crazy inconsistent. Some weeks he looks like an all pro and other weeks he is chucking lame ducks and sending balls sailing over his receivers heads.
                        it's only a 2 year deal.
                        sigpic

Comment

They interviewed him leading up to last week and he admitted that he had lost his passion for the game and only regained it when he went back to Philly. Being a full time starter might take a toll on him so unless he’s going to be all in here I wouldn’t trade for him. If he buys in though I think he’d be great. But Philly has a good thing going between him and Wentz as they have similar strengths

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            it's only a 2 year deal.
                            Is has an option for 3 more years after the first two.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...ck-foles-9898/

Comment

I would like to see us get someone like McCown to give our young QB's a veteran influence than spend $30M on Cousin and use the rest of the cap money to get a ligit RT and replace Talib. Let Kelly, Lynch and whomever we draft decide who replaces McCown in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
                                I would like to see us get someone like McCown to give our young QB's a veteran influence than spend $30M on Cousin and use the rest of the cap money to get a ligit RT and replace Talib. Let Kelly, Lynch and whomever we draft decide who replaces McCown in 2019.
                                If they're going with a draft choice, might not be a bad option to bring Osweiler back. He's been under Manning for years, and know's what the NFL (good and bad) are about. And Lynch openly said that he had no one to learn under until Oweiler was signed and started to attempt to teach him about being a pro.

Comment

Working...
                                X