What to do at #5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am not understanding your point. Unless you were trying to say they bet on Osweiler's potential more than Fole's actual production.
    Yes, I think Elway was betting on Osweiler's potential. The same as he bet on Lynch's potential. It's the same reason why Josh Allen will probably be drafted ahead of Baker Mayfield, despite the latter being a far better college player.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      The difference is that in college Foles was much better than Os. Osweiler was an 11 game starter who only won the job because the regular starter quit football his senior year. foles was a 3 year starter and led the pac-12 in yards/game and was 5th in the nation as a senior. he also owns nearly all of the Arizona QB records.

he was clearly the better QB coming out of college. The same can't be said of Brady or Montana
      To add some perspective, there were four QBs drafted in the first round in 2012: Andrew Luck (#1) was on IR in 2017; RGIII (#2) wasn't with a team in 2017; Ryan Tannehill (#8) was on IR in 2017; and, Brandon Weeden (#22) is with his fourth team as a backup.

Brock Osweiler went in the second round(#57) Russell Wilson (#75) and Nick Foles (#88) went in the third round, and Kirk Cousins went in the fourth round (#102)

It's interesting to look back at 2012 when considering this year's Draft because as many as five QBs could be selected this year. Will they all be successful, or will it be more like 2012?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
        Or Wilson, but Wilson didn’t really fit the Broncos at that time with Manning.
        This narrative never made any sense.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          To add some perspective, there were four QBs drafted in the first round in 2012: Andrew Luck (#1) was on IR in 2017; RGIII (#2) wasn't with a team in 2017; Ryan Tannehill (#8) was on IR in 2017; and, Brandon Weeden (#22) is with his fourth team as a backup.

Brock Osweiler went in the second round(#57) Russell Wilson (#75) and Nick Foles (#88) went in the third round, and Kirk Cousins went in the fourth round (#102)

It's interesting to look back at 2012 when considering this year's Draft because as many as five QBs could be selected this year. Will they all be successful, or will it be more like 2012?
          I love the 20/20 hindsight of history, even though it's painful to see what we picked and what we missed.

Too bad foresight is 20/2000 legally blind. There's just no way of knowing which QB's are going to hit and which will bust in this draft, despite fans' passion for or against the various prospects.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
            I love the 20/20 hindsight of history, even though it's painful to see what we picked and what we missed.

Too bad foresight is 20/2000 legally blind. There's just no way of knowing which QB's are going to hit and which will bust in this draft, despite fans' passion for or against the various prospects.
            I knew Os would bust and said so when he was drafted...and everyday since... and knew Foles was the better prospect.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X