This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I’ve said it before and I will say it again. Elway isn’t drafting a Guard at #5. It’s not going to happen. We can slide Watson down inside and have Leary, McGovern, and Watson as our guards and be just fine.
    Billy Price from Ohio St is just as good as Nelson. He was an All-American at Guard and also as a center. I would be all about us drafting this guy in round 2 or even moving up a little to get him.
    I don’t think we will focus on the interior of the line, we will get a Tackle early, but not a Guard.
    Watson shouldn't even be on this team. No more stiffs please. Go get Will Hernandez in the third.

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
      Watson shouldn't even be on this team. No more stiffs please. Go get Will Hernandez in the third.
      Anyone beside a damn guard with the 5th pick overall.

Just stupidity
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Broncos just hired an interior OL coach with a good pedigree who will do wonders for McGovern and Leary. Elway loves to stick with his draft picks so McGovern will get hes shot to start a full year. Remember thats how we got stuck with Schofield as a starrter for 2 years. Thats reason #1 why they won't draft Nelson. Elways wants his guys to play.
        You take QBs, OTs, Pass Rushers, CBs and special talents at skill positions in the Top 5.
        "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
          Thats reason #1 why they won't draft Nelson. Elways wants his guys to play.
          Then Paxton Lynch will be the starting QB in 2018?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            Or Chad Kelly? So Elway wants his draftees to play.

Comment

• I mean, if Elway is ready to move on from his prized 1st-round QB to upgrade the team, why would he pass on an elite prospect like Quenton Nelson just to save a spot for 5th-round pick Connor McGovern? If Elway has Nelson ranked as a top-5 pick and future All-Pro, I believe he would be happy with Nelson and Leary as their interior starters, with McGovern serving as a quality backup, especially when Leary finished the season on IR.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                Broncos have destroyed his confidence it's obvious he's finished.
                McGovern played good against elite DTs in Suh, Geno Atkins, and Lenoard Williams.

Comment

Come on now, ur blinded by ur love for Nelson. OG is one of the least valuable position in the NFL. If they were so valuable they be picked High in the 1st round ever year.

Look at the past 5 years
                  2016 Joshua Garnett
                  2015 Brandon Schreff, Laken Tomlinson
                  2014 Zack Martin
                  2013 Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, Kyle Long
                  2 Studs- Martin & Schreff, Long is avg the others are BUST. 2 playoff appearance as a starters.

2017 Fournette, McCaffrey
                  2016 Zeke
                  2015 Gurley, Gordon
                  All studs that we wish played for our Team. 4 of 5 played in the playoffs and all played good.

1st round RBs are on the come back.
                  most of your RB posted also play behind solid Olines. Something we don't have.
                  sigpic

Comment

• This is only the third time the Broncos have picked in the top 5 in the last 30 years. Regardless of how good Nelson can be, on a team that RARELY drafts this high, he's going to be a tough sell to Bronco fans.

If Elway picks him, he better make the Pro Bowl just about every year, anything else and he will be considered a huge bust.

Comment

Broncos have destroyed his confidence it's obvious he's finished.
                      McGovern played good against elite DTs in Suh, Geno Atkins, and Lenoard Williams.
                      Teams need depth too, McGovern makes good depth because he can play guard and center.

I didn't look it up for 2017, but I believe in 2016 only 1 team in the NFL started the same 5 guys on the line every game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        This is only the third time the Broncos have picked in the top 5 in the last 30 years. Regardless of how good Nelson can be, on a team that RARELY drafts this high, he's going to be a tough sell to Bronco fans.

If Elway picks him, he better make the Pro Bowl just about every year, anything else and he will be considered a huge bust.
                        same with any player taken that high.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          same with any player taken that high.
                          Yes, but it would be especially bad if the draft a guard. Right or wrong, you know Bronco fans would have a complete meltdown if they drafted him

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            most of your RB posted also play behind solid Olines. Something we don't have.
                            other than the Cowboys they only have ONE 1st rounder or less starting

The fact that the Broncos will have at least 3 starter returning for the 1st time since 2014 will make them better. With the new o-line coach they should be a good unit.

If Broncos get a QB in FA and Saquon Barkley is gone by #5 I have ZERO problems with taking Nelson. If he's as good as advertised he could start anywhere on the o-line.

Thru all you research on this guy could he play RT? at 6'5 330 I think he could.If so im down for him at #5

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                              Yes, but it would be especially bad if the draft a guard. Right or wrong, you know Bronco fans would have a complete meltdown if they drafted him
                              some. Many, including myself, would be 100% ok with it. I am tired of seeing them try to build a line with 2nd/3rd tier players. Sambrailo, Schofield, Watson, Stephenson, Garcia, Blake, Franklin, Harris, Mathis, Barbre, Vasquez, Montgomery, etc...... Paradis was a lucky hit getting him in the 6th round but he may not last long either. Last year they took Bolles, who may turn out to be very good, but right now it looks like they missed on Ramczyk when they had their picks of the OT and Ramczyk was the consensus #1.
                              sigpic

Comment

other than the Cowboys they only have ONE 1st rounder or less starting

The fact that the Broncos will have at least 3 starter returning for the 1st time since 2014 will make them better. With the new o-line coach they should be a good unit.

If Broncos get a QB in FA and Saquon Barkley is gone by #5 I have ZERO problems with taking Nelson. If he's as good as advertised he could start anywhere on the o-line.

Thru all you research on this guy could he play RT? at 6'5 330 I think he could.If so im down for him at #5
                                I don't know if he was the speed to do that. Never thought about it before. it's possible though. I find it very hard to believe that they will be a good unit just because of new coaches.

Yes, they might have 3 starters returning. I am assuming you mean Bolles, Paradis, and Leary? None of them played all that well this past season and Paradis might be on the way out. I hope McGovern can step up and play well. He looked pretty good in his limited reps. I just want a star somewhere on this Oline, not a bunch of mediocre players.
                                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-15-2018, 08:31 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X