Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons to draft Quenton Nelson

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Broncos just hired an interior OL coach with a good pedigree who will do wonders for McGovern and Leary. Elway loves to stick with his draft picks so McGovern will get hes shot to start a full year. Remember thats how we got stuck with Schofield as a starrter for 2 years. Thats reason #1 why they won't draft Nelson. Elways wants his guys to play.
    You take QBs, OTs, Pass Rushers, CBs and special talents at skill positions in the Top 5.
    I could see them trade Paradis, and go with Leary, McGovern at C, draft pick as the interior. Paradis has hip issues an is an older player.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      This is only the third time the Broncos have picked in the top 5 in the last 30 years. Regardless of how good Nelson can be, on a team that RARELY drafts this high, he's going to be a tough sell to Bronco fans.

      If Elway picks him, he better make the Pro Bowl just about every year, anything else and he will be considered a huge bust.
      It would be a tough sell to take a guy like Nelson top 5 with one of Chubb, Minkah, Barkley, Roquan to be there if they didnt go QB.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        I don't know if he was the speed to do that. Never thought about it before. it's possible though. I find it very hard to believe that they will be a good unit just because of new coaches.

        Yes, they might have 3 starters returning. I am assuming you mean Bolles, Paradis, and Leary? None of them played all that well this past season and Paradis might be on the way out. I hope McGovern can step up and play well. He looked pretty good in his limited reps. I just want a star somewhere on this Oline, not a bunch of mediocre players.



        yes those 3 will for sure be returning starters.

        I'll agree with you they need more talent on the o-line. If he ends up being the top prospect and QB is solved in FA, I'm with you on picking him but I don't see Elway doing it. He said before, He Builds his team around QB, LT, CB and Pass Rushers. Broncos have question marks at all 4 positions. Ray has been disappointing, Barrett & Roby will be a UFA next yr, Bolles is ok, Chris Harris has two yrs left on his deal, and they have NO QB. Too many holes to take a OL that can't play OT at #5.
        Last edited by munoz1987; 01-15-2018, 10:29 AM.
        "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
          [/B]

          yes those 3 will for sure be returning starters.

          I'll agree with you they need more talent on the o-line. If he ends up being the top prospect and QB is solved in FA, I'm with you on picking him but I don't see Elway doing it. He said before, He Builds his team around QB, LT, CB and Pass Rushers. Broncos have question marks at all 4 positions. Ray has been disappointing, Barrett & Roby will be a UFA next yr, Bolles is ok, Chris Harris has two yrs left on his deal, and they have NO QB. Too many holes to take a OL that can't play OT at #5.
          ....and look at us picking #5 now.....

          I have posted before that I question his method of building a team. he builds it from the outside in. As you said, CB, Edge rushers, and paying offensive guys like WR. It always seems like he builds the team to be strong farthest from the ball and weak in the middle, closest to the ball. That doesn't look like a very good formula to me.
          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-15-2018, 12:27 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            some. Many, including myself, would be 100% ok with it. I am tired of seeing them try to build a line with 2nd/3rd tier players. Sambrailo, Schofield, Watson, Stephenson, Garcia, Blake, Franklin, Harris, Mathis, Barbre, Vasquez, Montgomery, etc...... Paradis was a lucky hit getting him in the 6th round but he may not last long either. Last year they took Bolles, who may turn out to be very good, but right now it looks like they missed on Ramczyk when they had their picks of the OT and Ramczyk was the consensus #1.
            What you are say makes no sense....so basically you are saying in order to fix the line we have to use 1st Rd picks???

            We haven't had a consistent RB for more than 3 years.im so tired of see that too.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              ....and look at us picking #5 now.....

              I have posted before that I question his method of building a team. he builds it from the outside in. As you said, CB, Edge rushers, and paying offensive guys like WR. It always seems like he builds the team to be strong farthest from the ball and weak in the middle, closest to the ball. That doesn't look like a very good formula to me.
              The past 4 years in Rd 1 and 2 we drafted OL 2, QB, DL 2 Wr, and Roby. Out of those picks Ray and Roby are our best players and were taken as BPA -not out of need.

              Our other picks we're so heavily relied upon to be "hits" that some set us back when they didn't live up to the selection or have struggled to improve.

              This season we have people screaming for QB and OL......again.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                The past 4 years in Rd 1 and 2 we drafted OL 2, QB, DL 2 Wr, and Roby. Out of those picks Ray and Roby are our best players and were taken as BPA -not out of need.

                Our other picks we're so heavily relied upon to be "hits" that some set us back when they didn't live up to the selection or have struggled to improve.

                This season we have people screaming for QB and OL......again.
                ....and Nelson IS the BPA. He is the best player in the draft.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  What you are say makes no sense....so basically you are saying in order to fix the line we have to use 1st Rd picks???

                  We haven't had a consistent RB for more than 3 years.im so tired of see that too.
                  no. I am saying we need to sign the best players available instead of 2nd and 3rd and 4th tier players and hope they succeed. Who is a player on the Oline that they could build a solid line around? I can't think of a single one. The best player they have signed in years is Leary and he was marginal at best. Yes, I know you say that it takes time to gel, which I agree with, but you also have to have talent and there is very little of that on the roster at Oline.
                  Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-15-2018, 01:10 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    The past 4 years in Rd 1 and 2 we drafted OL 2, QB, DL 2 Wr, and Roby. Out of those picks Ray and Roby are our best players and were taken as BPA -not out of need.

                    Our other picks we're so heavily relied upon to be "hits" that some set us back when they didn't live up to the selection or have struggled to improve.

                    This season we have people screaming for QB and OL......again.
                    Been a Broncos fan for a while...these fans always want oline...they are never satisfied.....elway spent a lot of money on the line last year and now the want 2 years in a row to draft a oline....crazy....I don't want to hear c rap about no COWBOYS either.....let's get some play MAKERS please.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      ....and Nelson IS the BPA. He is the best player in the draft.
                      That's your opinion of him being the best player in the draft...so you are saying all 32 Gsm say that he is...or it's your opinion combined with so so called analysis????


                      To the Pitt of misery!!!!Dilly Dilly...
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        That's your opinion of him being the best player in the draft...so you are saying all 32 Gsm say that he is...or it's your opinion combined with so so called analysis????


                        To the Pitt of misery!!!!Dilly Dilly...
                        show me a player that was more dominant at their position.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          no. I am saying we need to sign the best players available instead of 2nd and 3rd and 4th tier players and hope they succeed. Who is a player on the Oline that they could build a solid line around? I can't think of a single one. The best player they have signed in years is Leary and he was marginal at best. Yes, I know you say that it takes time to gel, which I agree with, but you also have to have talent and there is very little of that on the roster at Oline.
                          So you can't find good online in later rds but you can rbs...
                          Playoff teams oline ...
                          Pats line - sucks
                          Pitts- average
                          Jack-suck
                          K.c.- sucks
                          Tenn- very good
                          Bills-ok

                          Philly- good
                          Viks- average
                          Rams- average
                          Saint-good
                          Panthers-ok
                          Falcons- sucks


                          But when you look at the teams players it's crazy....and I bet it ain't no guard either.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            So you can't find good online in later rds but you can rbs...
                            Playoff teams oline ...
                            Pats line - sucks
                            Pitts- average
                            Jack-suck
                            K.c.- sucks
                            Tenn- very good
                            Bills-ok

                            Philly- good
                            Viks- average
                            Rams- average
                            Saint-good
                            Panthers-ok
                            Falcons- sucks


                            But when you look at the teams players it's crazy....and I bet it ain't no guard either.
                            never said that.....

                            I can play the same game as you, which means nothing:

                            Pats- Dion Leiws and Rex Burkhead
                            Pitts- Bell
                            Jack-Fournette
                            K.c.- Hunt
                            Tenn- Derrick Henry
                            Bills-McCoy
                            Philly- Ajayi
                            Viks- Latavius Murray
                            Rams- Gurley
                            Saint-Alvin kamarra
                            Panthers-Jonathan Stewert
                            Falcons- Freeman
                            Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-15-2018, 01:39 PM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              show me a player that was more dominant at their position.
                              I would be it would be my opinion I will name 3 and it won't be nelson....barkley being one of them...just my opinion....he may go#1 I bet Nelson wont
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                ....and look at us picking #5 now.....

                                I have posted before that I question his method of building a team. he builds it from the outside in. As you said, CB, Edge rushers, and paying offensive guys like WR. It always seems like he builds the team to be strong farthest from the ball and weak in the middle, closest to the ball. That doesn't look like a very good formula to me.
                                Well since Elway took over, the team has a 72-40 record, won the division 5 out of 7 years, and 2 Super Bowl appearances with 1 win. He also built one of greatest offenses and defenses ever in the span of a few years.

                                We had one bad year where we comitted a horrendous 34 turnovers, led by our QBs who were responsible for 26 of those.

                                We badly need a QB, he doesn't have to be the next Manning, just somebody who won't give the ball away like it's Halloween candy.

                                If we pickup a QB in FA, then yes, maybe you draft Nelson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X