X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think people worry too much about "scheme fit" when defenses are playing 70% of the snaps in nickel. I remember people surprised by the Chargers taking Joey Bosa because he was not a scheme fit in their 3-4 defense at the time, but that pick worked wonders for them in the 3-4, 4-3, any front.
    You make a valid point.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Albright also said in those tweets that Chubb isn't a scheme fit. Finally someone agrees with me
    I think people worry too much about "scheme fit" when defenses are playing 70% of the snaps in nickel. I remember people surprised by the Chargers taking Joey Bosa because he was not a scheme fit in their 3-4 defense at the time, but that pick worked wonders for them in the 3-4, 4-3, any front.

EDIT: I'm fine with the Broncos taking Nelson over Chubb, though I don't even see Chubb being available at #5.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 04-11-2018, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Both Cecil Lammey and Benjamin Allbright are saying that Quenton Nelson is 100% in the mix at #5. Actually, Allbright thinks Nelson will be the pick if Elway can't trade down. Great news.
    Albright also tweeted this:

Informal survey of current and former NFL scouts and Front Office types:

"All things being equal, who is the best player in this draft?"

Bradley Chubb was overwhelmingly the favorite. Got over 75% of the votes.

Quenton Nelson with second most votes.

9:27 AM - 11 Apr 2018

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    my mistake. I think it was wasted pick that you said.
    Yes at #5 it is a wasted pick

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    I agree with this

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I never said he was worthless. Nor have I ever said that he is not a good player. He is a REALLY good/potentially elite prospect. What I have said is that u dont waste top 5 overall picks on a guard, that is not winning strategy in a salary cap league for MANY reasons.
    my mistake. I think it was wasted pick that you said.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    Albright also said in those tweets that Chubb isn't a scheme fit. Finally someone agrees with me
    I agree with this

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    It's very possible nelson doesn't go top 5. That won't change the fact that he is an elite prospect and is much more than the worthless pick you claim he is.
    I never said he was worthless. Nor have I ever said that he is not a good player. He is a REALLY good/potentially elite prospect. What I have said is that u dont waste top 5 overall picks on a guard, that is not winning strategy in a salary cap league for MANY reasons.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    69 Pages on why we should draft a Guard?
    pretty sweet, huh? An Olineman finally getting some headlines.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Both Cecil Lammey and Benjamin Allbright are saying that Quenton Nelson is 100% in the mix at #5. Actually, Allbright thinks Nelson will be the pick if Elway can't trade down. Great news.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    He's more than a guard, he's an elite prospect

Leave a comment:

• Rancid
    replied

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by crp24lbc
    You will see come draft time.
    It's very possible nelson doesn't go top 5. That won't change the fact that he is an elite prospect and is much more than the worthless pick you claim he is.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Nobody is taking a guard in the top 5, get over this cuz it's not happening. Also the Broncos are more likely to trade up than trade down.
    Oh, come on. I thought you were warming up to the idea after some time to think about it.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    Nobody is taking a guard in the top 5, get over this cuz it's not happening. Also the Broncos are more likely to trade up than trade down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X