This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That's why he said ......."chiefs eagles falcons panthers jags and rams are top ten in yards per carry"........

All those teams you mentioned that have "crap O-line" are actually some of the best and a big reason why they are where they are right now.
    Prove it!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      Prove it!!!!
      Fine, here you go.....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...he-2017-season

Look at the teams that made the playoffs and compare them to this list, not a coincidence.....

All the teams except the Patriots are in the upper half of the league in O-line rankings

Comment

• I’ve read if we get Cousins then Talib will be cut, and they plays out then with the 5th pick Denver takes Fitzpatrick who can line up anywhere on Defense can cover TE/RB/WR and who by many say is the best prospect in the draft, and one of the best defensive players to come out in a long time.

Also by the nfl comparison list since it assumed the best for each player, anyone that didn’t choose Brees(Baker) is crazy lol

Comment

• 17. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame*
          McShay last big big board Dec 8th
          Grade: 88 | Previous rank: 18

Nelson is a road-grader with the size (listed at 6-foot-5, 325 pounds), strength, polish and toughness to start immediately in the NFL.

Kiper Dec 15th big board
          7. *Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame

Previous rank: 8

Nelson and Mike McGlinchey form the best left side of an O-line in college football. Both could be top-15 picks. At 6-5, 330 pounds, Nelson just causes destruction in the interior. I wrote last year that he was entertaining to watch, and you just don't say that about guards. He is a dominant run-blocker who is powerful at the point of attack and athletic enough to pull and get into space.

Give me this guy if we get Cousins and cut Talib
          2. *Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

Previous rank: 4

Fitzpatrick (6-1, 203) has played corner and safety at Alabama, and I think he'll be a safety at the next level, though I'm not ruling out a fit at cornerback somewhere. The versatility is a plus, and coach Nick Saban loves him. Fitzpatrick is really a defensive coordinator's dream: a modern-day big corner who plays safety. He's versatile enough to line up in the slot and lock down receivers, but he can also be a center fielder. Fitzpatrick had eight interceptions in 2015-16 (including four that were returned for touchdowns), so he has elite ball skills. He isn't afraid to make a tackle, either, which is why I think he'll be a top-five pick in April.

Gotta have a playmaker at 5
          If we trade pick and move back 5-6 slots pick up another 2nd or future 1 for a team wanting to move up and grab a Qb then fine draft Nelson there.

Picking a Zack Martin over a Drew Brees at 5
          Hell no lol

Comment

Prove it!!!!
            NFL.com does a weekly writeup after each week listing the top 5 OL units for that week. I just compiled the entire list for the season and here is how many times each team made the list:

Rams - 7 [Playoffs]
            Steelers - 7 [Playoffs]
            Eagles - 6 [Playoffs]
            Jaguars - 6 [Playoffs]
            Panthers - 6 [Playoffs]
            Patriots - 6 [Playoffs]
            Cowboys - 5
            Bills - 4 [Playoffs]
            Saints - 4 [Playoffs]
            Vikings - 4 [Playoffs]
            Ravens - 4
            Chiefs - 3 [Playoffs]
            Falcons - 3 [Playoffs]
            Titans - 3 [Playoffs]
            49ers - 3
            Cardinals - 3
            Bears - 2
            Dolphins - 2
            Giants - 2
            Buccaneers - 1
            Chargers - 1
            Jets - 1
            Raiders - 1
            Redskins - 1
            Seahawks - 1
            All other teams - 0

Only the Ravens and Cowboys appeared more times than some playoff teams. Both the Ravens and Cowboys went 9-7 and barely missed the playoffs.

SOURCE

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
              noticed u left off TWO 1st rounders in Mark Ingram and Christian McCaffrey from ur list.
              McCaffrey is not used much as a RB and when he was, he was pretty bad. I can add him. Kamarra has taken over for Ingam as the #1 RB, throw him in too if you want. Some you complain about CJ because this was his best year, same with Ingram.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                NFL.com does a weekly writeup after each week listing the top 5 OL units for that week. I just compiled the entire list for the season and here is how many times each team made the list:

Rams - 7 [Playoffs]
                Steelers - 7 [Playoffs]
                Eagles - 6 [Playoffs]
                Jaguars - 6 [Playoffs]
                Panthers - 6 [Playoffs]
                Patriots - 6 [Playoffs]
                Cowboys - 5
                Bills - 4 [Playoffs]
                Saints - 4 [Playoffs]
                Vikings - 4 [Playoffs]
                Ravens - 4
                Chiefs - 3 [Playoffs]
                Falcons - 3 [Playoffs]
                Titans - 3 [Playoffs]
                49ers - 3
                Cardinals - 3
                Bears - 2
                Dolphins - 2
                Giants - 2
                Buccaneers - 1
                Chargers - 1
                Jets - 1
                Raiders - 1
                Redskins - 1
                Seahawks - 1
                All other teams - 0

Only the Ravens and Cowboys appeared more times than some playoff teams. Both the Ravens and Cowboys went 9-7 and barely missed the playoffs.

SOURCE
                25 teams made it at least once. Look how many times the Broncos made it!!!! And people wonder why I want to improve the Oline.
                sigpic

Comment

Rams - 7 [Playoffs]
                  Steelers - 7 [Playoffs]
                  Eagles - 6 [Playoffs]
                  Jaguars - 6 [Playoffs]
                  Panthers - 6 [Playoffs]
                  Patriots - 6 [Playoffs]
                  Cowboys - 5
                  Bills - 4 [Playoffs]
                  Saints - 4 [Playoffs]
                  Vikings - 4 [Playoffs]
                  Ravens - 4
                  Chiefs - 3 [Playoffs]
                  Falcons - 3 [Playoffs]
                  Titans - 3 [Playoffs]
                  49ers - 3
                  Cardinals - 3
                  Bears - 2
                  Dolphins - 2
                  Giants - 2
                  Buccaneers - 1
                  Chargers - 1
                  Jets - 1
                  Raiders - 1
                  Redskins - 1
                  Seahawks - 1
                  All other teams - 0

SOURCE
                  sigpic

Comment

• If I had to guess today, I think Elway will take an o-lineman at #5, but it won't be the guard. It will be Mike McGlinchey. QB in free agency, Leary and McGovern (or a draft/FA upgrade) at guard, McGlinchey and Bolles at OT.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Fine, here you go.....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...he-2017-season

Look at the teams that made the playoffs and compare them to this list, not a coincidence.....

All the teams except the Patriots are in the upper half of the league in O-line rankings
                      Pre rankings for the season don't count.....if he had to do that list over right now it would be VERY different.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Rams - 7 [Playoffs]
                        Steelers - 7 [Playoffs]
                        Eagles - 6 [Playoffs]
                        Jaguars - 6 [Playoffs]
                        Panthers - 6 [Playoffs]
                        Patriots - 6 [Playoffs]
                        Cowboys - 5
                        Bills - 4 [Playoffs]
                        Saints - 4 [Playoffs]
                        Vikings - 4 [Playoffs]
                        Ravens - 4
                        Chiefs - 3 [Playoffs]
                        Falcons - 3 [Playoffs]
                        Titans - 3 [Playoffs]
                        49ers - 3
                        Cardinals - 3
                        Bears - 2
                        Dolphins - 2
                        Giants - 2
                        Buccaneers - 1
                        Chargers - 1
                        Jets - 1
                        Raiders - 1
                        Redskins - 1
                        Seahawks - 1
                        All other teams - 0

SOURCE
                        Link please???

Comment

Pre rankings for the season don't count.....if he had to do that list over right now it would be VERY different.
                          Don't count? Did the players mutate or something? Those same guys that made that list are in the playoffs, u asked for proof....i gave it to you.

Comment

• I like Nelson, but I think you have to ask yourself...

Is the gap between Nelson and Will Hernandez SO LARGE that there is no way you'd consider finding a way to secure Hernandez in the 2nd so you could flirt with taking the BPA at 5? (not saying Nelson isnt the BPA there just hang with me)

I'm just gonna throw out a few 1st and 2nd round combos to see if I make sense on the picture I'm trying to paint.

A) 1st Round: Quenton Nelson 2nd Round: Sony Michel

B) 1st Round: Roquan Smith 2nd Round: Will Hernandez

C) 1st Round: Saquon Barkey 2nd Round: Will Hernandez

I don't have the answers, but I do think you have to look at depth of the whole draft and think big picture in all the rounds...

Comment

• Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
                              I like Nelson, but I think you have to ask yourself...

Is the gap between Nelson and Will Hernandez SO LARGE that there is no way you'd consider finding a way to secure Hernandez in the 2nd so you could flirt with taking the BPA at 5? (not saying Nelson isnt the BPA there just hang with me)

I'm just gonna throw out a few 1st and 2nd round combos to see if I make sense on the picture I'm trying to paint.

A) 1st Round: Quenton Nelson 2nd Round: Sony Michel

B) 1st Round: Roquan Smith 2nd Round: Will Hernandez

C) 1st Round: Saquon Barkey 2nd Round: Will Hernandez

I don't have the answers, but I do think you have to look at depth of the whole draft and think big picture in all the rounds...
                              I'll take C for 500 Alex!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                If I had to guess today, I think Elway will take an o-lineman at #5, but it won't be the guard. It will be Mike McGlinchey. QB in free agency, Leary and McGovern (or a draft/FA upgrade) at guard, McGlinchey and Bolles at OT.
                                I would be ok with that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X