X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Both Cecil Lammey and Benjamin Allbright are saying that Quenton Nelson is 100% in the mix at #5. Actually, Allbright thinks Nelson will be the pick if Elway can't trade down. Great news.
    This would be an ideal situation

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Both Cecil Lammey and Benjamin Allbright are saying that Quenton Nelson is 100% in the mix at #5. Actually, Allbright thinks Nelson will be the pick if Elway can't trade down. Great news.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Eagles had the number 2 defense and the number 1 offensive line.

But then again, we won a Super Bowl with Ryan Harris and Michael Schofield as our tackles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Are you saying that the Broncos won Super Bowl 50 because of Ryan Harris and Michael Schofield?

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    The best reason to draft Nelson, is that OL & DL wins games, PERIOD!
    Eagles had the number 2 defense and the number 1 offensive line.

But then again, we won a Super Bowl with Ryan Harris and Michael Schofield as our tackles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Yep get one in the later of the 1st rd
    Denver doesn't have a pick later in the first. And the better value is drafting an RB in the second who will be close in value to Barkley.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    Here's another reason to draft Nelson.....

He could be a Raider. At first I thought Chicago at 8 or SF at 9 is the farthest he could possibly slip, but teams are already moving (pre draft) to position for the QBs. There are some good defensive players that will be hard to pass for Chicago and SF. The Raiders, on the other hand could use Nelson as bad as we could. I would hate to see that guy in silver and black.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed. Everyone knows games are won in lost up front yet some of these people keep saying...find them later in the draft, you can get by with lesser players there.
    Yep get one in the later of the 1st rd

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    agreed. Everyone knows games are won in lost up front yet some of these people keep saying...find them later in the draft, you can get by with lesser players there.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    There is talk about Fitzpatrick falling out of the top 10 because he can play some safety, some corner but really is a master of none and some teams have Derwin James ahead of him at safety.
    I think it's questionable if Fitz can be an outside corner.

I don't think there's much question he could be a great safety. I also see him playing slot corner well, too.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    Mack's 3-cone: 7.08 at 251 pounds. Chubb: 7.37 at 269, 18 pounds heavier than Mack. I don't see a huge difference there considering the weight disparity and his ability to bend on film to record one sack after another is more meaningful than running a 3-cone drill in shorts. Chubb beats guys with power, beats them with speed, uses a variety of moves instead of being just a speed rusher like other young prospects.
    Fair point. I said the same thing about Bosa and was wrong about him.

I still think Nelson is way more of a sure thing than Chubb.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    That gif is how I feel about Nelson and Fitzpatrick
    There is talk about Fitzpatrick falling out of the top 10 because he can play some safety, some corner but really is a master of none and some teams have Derwin James ahead of him at safety.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    His 3 cone time was pretty bad. Seems pretty far off Mack’s ability to bend or change direction.
    Mack's 3-cone: 7.08 at 251 pounds. Chubb: 7.37 at 269, 18 pounds heavier than Mack. I don't see a huge difference there considering the weight disparity and his ability to bend on film to record one sack after another is more meaningful than running a 3-cone drill in shorts. Chubb beats guys with power, beats them with speed, uses a variety of moves instead of being just a speed rusher like other young prospects.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    That gif is how I feel about Nelson and Fitzpatrick

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    Chubb broke Mario Williams' all-time sack record at NC State. 26 sacks in 3 seasons. He's 269 pounds and runs a 4.6, he's an edge player. Derek Wolfe was a defensive tackle in college and weighs at least 290-300 pounds, he's an interior lineman.

Chubb is more like Khalil Mack.
    His 3 cone time was pretty bad. Seems pretty far off Mack’s ability to bend or change direction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X