Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the event Denver deals with the QB issue by signing Kirk Cousins or someone else about as good, I'd like to see them trade back to get more high picks so they can get a good Tackle and Guard prospect.

If Denver traded with Buffalo it would include their two first round picks. With those, the Broncos could get a very good Tackle and Guard prospect: Orlando Brown, Martinas Rankin or Mike McGlinchey plus Will Hernandez, for example. There would be a Left Guard and a Right Tackle prospect ready to challenge for a starting spot as soon as they hit Dove Valley.

Acquisitions like that would enable Denver to release Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson. It would also open the possibility of Connor McGovern challenging for a starting spot at Center which would result in a more physical O-Line than we have seen in a while.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      In the event Denver deals with the QB issue by signing Kirk Cousins or someone else about as good, I'd like to see them trade back to get more high picks so they can get a good Tackle and Guard prospect.

If Denver traded with Buffalo it would include their two first round picks. With those, the Broncos could get a very good Tackle and Guard prospect: Orlando Brown, Martinas Rankin or Mike McGlinchey plus Will Hernandez, for example. There would be a Left Guard and a Right Tackle prospect ready to challenge for a starting spot as soon as they hit Dove Valley.

Acquisitions like that would enable Denver to release Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson. It would also open the possibility of Connor McGovern challenging for a starting spot at Center which would result in a more physical O-Line than we have seen in a while.
      Exactly and leaving us draft capital to target one of the really really good rbs coming out
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
        Exactly and leaving us draft capital to target one of the really really good rbs coming out
        And some Backers, too, I hope.

Comment

And some Backers, too, I hope.
          I see your on the Hernandez train while I'm digging price. What's your take mano a mano.

Comment

I see your on the Hernandez train while I'm digging price. What's your take mano a mano.
            I think Billy Price is a better prospect than Will Hernandez. Price will be picked before Hernandez and probably would be gone by #20. Price is a Center/Guard and versatility is a valuable thing for O-Linemen. Hernandez has 49 starts at Left Guard and is ready to go at that spot. Acquiring Hernandez would give McGovern the opportunity to challenge at Center, if you're also looking for an upgrade there. Sean Kugler was Hernandez' HC at UTEP, so Denver will have the inside story on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              I'm not trying to prove OG have been taken that high, Just showing that OG can be had later is not as true as many here seem to think. You say there is no need. I disagree. If you want an average OG with no outstanding skill, and it really doesn't matter who you get because you have a good Oline already...go ahead and wait. If you want a stud, get him in the first round. Starting OG seem to be pretty rare in the draft and elite OG are even rarer. I posted the OG from 2012, here are the ones from 2013. 3 starting OG out of 17, and not a single outstanding one.

1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper G North Carolina ACC
              1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack G Alabama SEC
              1 20 Chicago Bears Kyle Long † G Oregon Pac-12
              3 65 Detroit Lions Larry Warford G Kentucky SEC
              3 72 New York Jets Brian Winters G Kent State MAC
              3 77 Miami Dolphins Dallas Thomas G Tennessee SEC
              3 86 Indianapolis Colts Hugh Thornton G Illinois Big Ten
              4 108 Carolina Panthers Edmund Kugbila G Valdosta State Gulf South
              4 113 St. Louis Rams Barrett Jones G Alabama SEC
              4 116 Arizona Cardinals Earl Watford G James Madison CAA from New York Giants [R4 - 11]
              5 141 New York Jets Oday Aboushi G Virginia ACC
              6 178 New York Jets William Campbell G Michigan Big Ten
              6 196 Minnesota Vikings Jeff Baca G UCLA Pac-12 from Denver via Philadelphia and Tampa Bay [R6 - 8]
              7 214 Minnesota Vikings Travis Bond G North Carolina ACC from Buffalo via Seattle [R7 - 4]
              7 220 Seattle Seahawks Ryan Seymour G Vanderbilt SEC from New Orleans [R7 - 9]
              7 225 New York Giants Eric Herman G Ohio MAC
              7 227 Cleveland Browns Garrett Gilkey G

Here is more draftees from 2014: 5 OG and only 1 or 2 really decent ones.

1 16 Dallas Cowboys Zack Martin † G Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)
              2 33 Houston Texans Xavier Su'a-Filo G UCLA Pac-12

3 78 Washington Redskins Spencer Long G Nebraska Big Ten from Dallas [R3 - 4]
              3 81 Oakland Raiders Gabe Jackson G Mississippi State SEC from Miami [R3 - 5]
              3 89 San Diego Chargers Chris Watt G Notre Dame Ind. (FBS)
              3 92 Carolina Panthers Trai Turner † G LSU SEC
              3 93 Jacksonville Jaguars Brandon Linder G Miami ACC from New England [R3 - 8]
              3* 100 San Francisco 49ers Brandon Thomas G Clemson ACC
              4* 137 New York Jets Dakota Dozier G Furman SoCon
              5 143 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Kadeem Edwards G Tennessee State OVC
              5 145 Minnesota Vikings David Yankey G Stanford Pac-12 from Cleveland [R5 - 2]
              5 153 Buffalo Bills Cyril Richardson G Baylor Big 12 from St. Louis [R5 - 7]
              5* 175 Baltimore Ravens John Urschel G Penn State Big Ten
              6 179 New England Patriots Jon Halapio G Florida SEC from Jacksonville [R6 - 2]
              6 193 Kansas City Chiefs Zach Fulton G
              More useless stats no one cares....we aren't take him a 5....post ALL you want....not happening.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                More useless stats no one cares....we aren't take him a 5....post ALL you want....not happening.
                Just like Jackson getting drafted at all by Denver, not happening right? We won't know how anything will play out until free agents are signed

Comment

Lol, I swear you crack me up, which is good because otherwise I'd wonder what you bring to these discussions outside of "you're wrong...my opinion is the end all, be all and PLAYMAKERS!"

dont be sorry or not sorry....just try on occasion to hold you're end of the discussions, outside of those type of responses. Hell, maybe you have valid points, but you gotta bring something more, other wise you're just the guy in the crowd yelling look at me.

So I'll digress, Barkley is going to be a top 10 back when he plays in the league. But until OUR team has fortified the line to the point that we maximize the investment he would require at pick 5, then this is pointless to get him. Is a G worth top 5....Not in the past drafts, but if we have solved our qb concerns, this will allow us to potentially drop a few spots and then attack the line concerns, along with receiving more picks to address the playmakers you and I both are looking for....would you rather have Barkley at 5 or dropping to 10 or so and taking mcglinchey then grabbing G Billy price and Sony Michel in the 2nd..or swap and take Nelson at 10 and one of the remaing top 5 tackles in the 2nd...because eother of those ways we have fortified the line to pair with our new playmaker....which Sony will be....because damn, he is a bad man and MUCH better value in the top of the 2nd than Barkley at 5
                  I talk how I talk and you talk how you talk.....I stat what I want and the fact is no guard is dtaftes6thT high....and in my opinion we need playmakers....scoring tds...or get the ball back to our offense....or if we can trade back and get Nelson fine....but no way take a guard at 5.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I talk how I talk and you talk how you talk.....I stat what I want and the fact is no guard is dtaftes6thT high....and in my opinion we need playmakers....scoring tds...or get the ball back to our offense....or if we can trade back and get Nelson fine....but no way take a guard at 5.
                    Lol, sorry but the rest of us are talking football, let me know when you want to join the conversation

Comment

I think Billy Price is a better prospect than Will Hernandez. Price will be picked before Hernandez and probably would be gone by #20. Price is a Center/Guard and versatility is a valuable thing for O-Linemen. Hernandez has 49 starts at Left Guard and is ready to go at that spot. Acquiring Hernandez would give McGovern the opportunity to challenge at Center, if you're also looking for an upgrade there. Sean Kugler was Hernandez' HC at UTEP, so Denver will have the inside story on him.
                      I guess I see the run on tackles pushing him to the bottom of 1 maybe top of 2....he's similar to elflein but with more versatility and skill hence the higher grade and which is why I prefer him over Hernandez...but if we could get a top tackle with 1 of these 2 and grab a top 4 back along with a top mlb....idc about the rest of the draft....im a mile high by the end of day 2

Comment

boy is it hard to have a discussion with you.

I really don't think they will take him at #5 either. It's just what I would do and it's fun to discuss it since, imo, he is the best player in the draft and OG are not usually drafted so high which makes it an interesting debate topic. I would prefer to trade down and take him later but I don't think he will fall far.

i post info showing how starting OGs are hard to find and instead of discussing this topic, you just criticize. When people question why you post things, you answer with...I say what I want, etc....yet when i say what I want,, you respond with...no one cares....why is that?
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol, sorry but the rest of us are talking football, let me know when you want to join the conversation
                          You don't have to reply to me...just ignore me and my comments. Clearly I'm talking football...just bc i don't think we should draft a guard with the 5th pick...I'm not talking footbal...ok I'll be....d ont reply to me and I'll do likewise.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            boy is it hard to have a discussion with you.

I really don't think they will take him at #5 either. It's just what I would do and it's fun to discuss it since, imo, he is the best player in the draft and OG are not usually drafted so high which makes it an interesting debate topic. I would prefer to trade down and take him later but I don't think he will fall far.

i post info showing how starting OGs are hard to find and instead of discussing this topic, you just criticize. When people question why you post things, you answer with...I say what I want, etc....yet when i say what I want,, you respond with...no one cares....why is that?
                            I say that bc some of you try me bc I don't agree....I never said not to take him...i just said not with the 5th pick.....if we stay at 5 do I want berkley....yes...does it mean it will happen... no.....you are stating how you feel and I'm stating how I feel...this is what this board is for....we all can agree to disagree.....I love a Debate.

Comment

I say that bc some of you try me bc I don't agree....I never said not to take him...i just said not with the 5th pick.....if we stay at 5 do I want berkley....yes...does it mean it will happen... no.....you are stating how you feel and I'm stating how I feel...this is what this board is for....we all can agree to disagree.....I love a Debate.
                              then why do you posts things like this:

for the record,

1. it isn't because you disagree that people make comments about it, it's how you post about your opinion and the attitude you put forward, just like the one I posted above.

2. I don't see how Nelson is worth it at 11 but not at 5. Those few draft slots don't seem like much of difference to determine if you take a guy or not.

3. I disagree that olinemen are not playermakers. Olinemen make plays on every play. They just aren't the highlight plays that many people look for.
                              sigpic

Comment

I say that bc some of you try me bc I don't agree....I never said not to take him...i just said not with the 5th pick.....if we stay at 5 do I want berkley....yes...does it mean it will happen... no.....you are stating how you feel and I'm stating how I feel...this is what this board is for....we all can agree to disagree.....I love a DEBATE.
                                lololololol debate....I don't think that word means what you think it means

Comment

Working...
                                X