This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    See here's where you're mistaken, you believe that because a guard hasn't been drafted that high the Broncos can't or won't draft one that high, but that history is irrelevant, if the Broncos feel that's their player and that he won't be there if they trade down, they can and should draft him. The two RBs going that high in the last two drafts isn't any indication the Broncos should draft an RB that high, it having happened isn't proof that it should happen again.

Guards and RBs are both positions where you can get quality players later in the draft, there's a bunch of examples for both, and frankly the same argument you make against a guard at 5 is pretty easy to make for RBs as well.

There seems to be a disconnect with talking with you though, it appears to me that anyone else's point of view (even those backed up by examples and facts) is just an "opinion" to you, whereas you seem to believe that your opinion is fact.
    90% of what people say on here is opinion.....I can voice how I feel about taking a guard at 5...None if you have to like it...my thing is if what I say is sooo far Fitch just ignore my post...I love my fans though...

Yes the broncos or any team for that matter "CAN" draft a guard in top 5....never said they couldn't....just stating that it has not happened and there is probably a reason....when I say "say what you want" just a figure of speech....meaning it is what it is.....you all can keep saying whatever....but when april come we will see how it plays out...and I'm pretty sure the streak will continue....rb..Will be drafted in the top 5....and a guard won't be.....
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      Believe me, my laughter at your complete non-understanding of how important guards are is not fake.
      Ok let's stop feeding into him. Ignore.
      The question is, pending getting a qb in free agency, if so, is Nelson that good of a prospect at guard and if so is he so far and away better than Billy price and or Hernandez and let's throw in all the tackle prospects...If he is, then damn strait he's worth a number 5.
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
        Perhaps your ear is not properly attuned to the streets.
        Maybe yours aren't either.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          Believe me, my laughter at your complete non-understanding of how important guards are is not fake.
          Well good for you.....glad we feel the same about each other understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
            Ok let's stop feeding into him. Ignore.
            The question is, pending getting a qb in free agency, if so, is Nelson that good of a prospect at guard and if so is he so far and away better than Billy price and or Hernandez and let's throw in all the tackle prospects...If he is, then damn strait he's worth a number 5.
            Yes please do!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              "IMO" there are not considered as playermakers like it or not.....I don't recall ever hearing someone say a guard is a great playmaker....they can be a great run/pass blocker...just my opinion....you don't have to like.....I really could care less to be honest...so continue with your fake laughter.
              You could care less? So you do care.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                You could care less? So you do care.
                Lol just a little

Comment

• Alright I am not coming to anyone's "side "either way here. This board will go upside down if we take a guard #5. We will get mocked in the media relentlessly.

Now do I care, not really. If this kid can start for 10+ years and help us establish a run game that makes our offense great, while being an excellent pass rush protector it is probably worth it.

Could we get this kid lower in the draft and get a pick somewhere else in the process, I would guess Elway and Co would like to do that if this is the best player on their board.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                    Alright I am not coming to anyone's "side "either way here. This board will go upside down if we take a guard #5. We will get mocked in the media relentlessly.

Now do I care, not really. If this kid can start for 10+ years and help us establish a run game that makes our offense great, while being an excellent pass rush protector it is probably worth it.

Could we get this kid lower in the draft and get a pick somewhere else in the process, I would guess Elway and Co would like to do that if this is the best player on their board.
                    ^^^^^^that's all I been saying and will continue to say.

Comment

Alright I am not coming to anyone's "side "either way here. This board will go upside down if we take a guard #5. We will get mocked in the media relentlessly.

The only way they get mocked is if the QB position hasn't been addressed. If Cousins is signed that pick is a smart one, you know, for protecting a high profile QB. If Cousins isn't signed, that pick won't be Nelson, it will be a QB. That's just the simple fact of the matter.

Comment

I disagree. Assuming we signed a quality veteran qb, the media would not mock us for that pick. The media understands how good he is. It’s fans that might mock. Because of not understanding how good he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          The only way they get mocked is if the QB position hasn't been addressed. If Cousins is signed that pick is a smart one, you know, for protecting a high profile QB. If Cousins isn't signed, that pick won't be Nelson, it will be a QB. That's just the simple fact of the matter.
                          Excellent point. I am too lazy to go back and look but I don't think a guard has been taken top 5 in 20 years. That is why I think the media takes lots of shots at us.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            I disagree. Assuming we signed a quality veteran qb, the media would not mock us for that pick. The media understands how good he is. It’s fans that might mock. Because of not understanding how good he is.
                            I. Can see others saying something as well.

Comment

Excellent point. I am too lazy to go back and look but I don't think a guard has been taken top 5 in 20 years. That is why I think the media takes lots of shots at us.
                              There also hasn't been an OG prospect like Nelson in quite some time either, it goes both ways

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                There also hasn't been an OG prospect like Nelson in quite some time either, it goes both ways
                                If he is that good, I will be elated that we got him.

Comment

Working...
                                X