This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Bill polian’s philosophy resulted in 1 super bowl win despite having one of if not the greatest QB of all time. And it’s because he had a terrible oline and couldn’t stop the run.

Guards and Nelson in particular absolutely do prevent sacks, keep drives alive which leads to scoring plays, help prevent turnovers, and help prevent TDs by winning the time of possession battle. I’m all for putting Watson inside as I think he’d be a great guard and drafting injury insurance later. Then we’d have the McGovern and the draft pick as depth or McGovern possibly taking over for Paradis. But if Watson stays outside or is cut I would have no problem taking Nelson. He routinely wins with his punch and drives defenders off the ball, he’s always looking to finish even when he doesn’t have anyone to block.

Center is the only position I wouldn’t really consider taking in the 1st round along the oline.
    After five years in the league, Menelik Watson has been available for 34 games and has started 24 of a possible 80. He has been on IR twice.

Ryan Clady started a lot more games, but Denver traded him after he missed two seasons on IR and now he has retired.

Denver has lined twelve guys up at RT since they moved Orlando Franklin to LG in 2014. It's time they stop messing around and do a better job of finding a RT.

Max Garcia isn't consistently getting the job done at LG. He's not a starter.

Denver needs a LG and a RT. Since they might spend a big chunk of the salary cap on a QB, they need to use the draft to find those guys. If they sign Cousins, I think they should trade back and use the extra picks for two O-Linemen.

That would preclude getting Quinton Nelson, but they could still get Will Hernandez and one of: Orlando Brown; Martinas Rankin; Mike McGlinchey; Chukwuma Okorafor; or, Tyrell Crosby.

I'd also like to see Connor McGovern compete at Center, a position at which he has been prepared for a couple of seasons.

An O-Line of Bolles-Hernandez-McGovern-Leary-(Brown/Okorafor/Crosby) might do a better job of maintaining a pocket as well as running the ball.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      because that player you get later won't be the better player, most likely. For example, in 2011 they drafted Von Miller because they wanted a pass rusher. They could have waited until round 4 and taken Sam Acho but Miller was the better choice.

If that were the case, why not just trade down every draft and get more picks. As someone here posts, can't remember who,...quality over quantity,
      I could be wrong. But I think he’s asking why not trade back a few picks and get Nelson at around pick 10, instead of pick 5. Taking the chance that he’s not there.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
        I could be wrong. But I think he’s asking why not trade back a few picks and get Nelson at around pick 10, instead of pick 5. Taking the chance that he’s not there.
        oops, maybe you are right. Sorry about that

Well then, in that case, trading back would be a great idea if he were still there. I don't think he will fall far though, but you never know, he could fall down late into round 1.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          After five years in the league, Menelik Watson has been available for 34 games and has started 24 of a possible 80. He has been on IR twice.

Ryan Clady started a lot more games, but Denver traded him after he missed two seasons on IR and now he has retired.

Denver has lined twelve guys up at RT since they moved Orlando Franklin to LG in 2014. It's time they stop messing around and do a better job of finding a RT.

Max Garcia isn't consistently getting the job done at LG. He's not a starter.

Denver needs a LG and a RT. Since they might spend a big chunk of the salary cap on a QB, they need to use the draft to find those guys. If they sign Cousins, I think they should trade back and use the extra picks for two O-Linemen.

That would preclude getting Quinton Nelson, but they could still get Will Hernandez and one of: Orlando Brown; Martinas Rankin; Mike McGlinchey; Chukwuma Okorafor; or, Tyrell Crosby.

I'd also like to see Connor McGovern compete at Center, a position at which he has been prepared for a couple of seasons.

An O-Line of Bolles-Hernandez-McGovern-Leary-(Brown/Okorafor/Crosby) might do a better job of maintaining a pocket as well as running the ball.
          Yeah Watson does have a troublesome injury history which is why I’d like to draft some depth there. If we want to fix the oline I think we really need to commit to it. Personally I’d like to see us exploring the option of adding Justin Pugh. If not then I’d go with Watson inside with Maea Teuhema, Martez Ivey, or Skyler Phillips if he plays well at the Senior Bowl as depth/insurance and address the RT position in the first or 2nd depending on what happens at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            You're not much for civil football conversations, are you?
            If you say so......carry on!
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Many people say...take the BPA, that's what builds great teams...then some of them say...but not an OG. I am unsure why that is. BPA is BPA.
              BPA outside of being a guard....I just don't see it happening when we can trade back...like if we don't take him at 5 what 5 teams after will be like "we gotta trade up and get the can't miss guard in the top 10???? Honest question.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                If you say so......carry on!
                If it were just one person "saying so", that'd be one thing. But, it's everyone man. That should tell you something. It's not too late to change. No one is going to judge you for learning to be a little more civil in your discussion.

Comment

You’re correct sir

Comment

BPA outside of being a guard....I just don't see it happening when we can trade back...like if we don't take him at 5 what 5 teams after will be like "we gotta trade up and get the can't miss guard in the top 10???? Honest question.
                    Most every team needs offensive line help, these teams more than most.....

#3, Colts
                    #6, Jets
                    #7, Tampa
                    #10, Raiders
                    #11, Miami
                    #12, Cinci
                    #13, Washington
                    #14, Packers
                    #18 Seattle

I would throw in the Pats but they won't be trading all the way up to take a lineman. Of the teams listed and the spots they are in, #'s 8 and 9 are the only possible trade back spots where a team has bigger needs than offensive line. Cinci, Washington and Seattle are the teams with the biggest need and almost in a desperate way. All 3 teams are with in striking distance and could make that trade. Chicago and San Fran have big needs of their own and whose to say they even want to move off their spots. It's more likely that Denver won't get him if they don't take him at 5.

Comment

If it were just one person "saying so", that'd be one thing. But, it's everyone man. That should tell you something. It's not too late to change. No one is going to judge you for learning to be a little more civil in your discussion.
                      It's sooo not everyone there are people whom agree with me...Not here to make friends....o stand by how I feel....you do you and I will do me....d idnt join this to try to find myself or change who I am for people I will never see nor meet....d ont like what I say ignore or continue to be apart of my fan club.

Comment

It's sooo not everyone there are people whom agree with me...Not here to make friends....o stand by how I feel....you do you and I will do me....d idnt join this to try to find myself or change who I am for people I will never see nor meet....d ont like what I say ignore or continue to be apart of my fan club.
                        it's not what you say or what you believe . It's how you talk to the people who you don't agree with. It has nothing to do with if we agree with you or not.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          Most every team needs offensive line help, these teams more than most.....

#3, Colts
                          #6, Jets
                          #7, Tampa
                          #10, Raiders
                          #11, Miami
                          #12, Cinci
                          #13, Washington
                          #14, Packers
                          #18 Seattle

I would throw in the Pats but they won't be trading all the way up to take a lineman. Of the teams listed and the spots they are in, #'s 8 and 9 are the only possible trade back spots where a team has bigger needs than offensive line. Cinci, Washington and Seattle are the teams with the biggest need and almost in a desperate way. All 3 teams are with in striking distance and could make that trade. Chicago and San Fran have big needs of their own and whose to say they even want to move off their spots. It's more likely that Denver won't get him if they don't take him at 5.
                          Ok I said top 10 so everything you put outside of that is not worth my comment bc o don't see those teams trading into the top 10 for a guard....now I also said after us at 5....Tampa needs so much help on def...doubt they go go here...jets will be taking a qb they need one as and as we do...last 2016 raiders had one of the best olines...they fell off a little this year...d ont think they will pick of at 10 when there def can mange to get I ints...and the despartley need LB.....carry on!

Comment

it's not what you say or what you believe . It's how you talk to the people who you don't agree with. It has nothing to do with if we agree with you or not.
                            I don't call names like some do....I may be dismissive but that's just me....so of you need to stop being in your feelings and not feel the need to reply to EVERY thread you disagree with...if I did that I wouldn't have a life bc I would be on here all day...

Comment

Ok I said top 10 so everything you put outside of that is not worth my comment bc o don't see those teams trading into the top 10 for a guard....now I also said after us at 5....Tampa needs so much help on def...doubt they go go here...jets will be taking a qb they need one as and as we do...last 2016 raiders had one of the best olines...they fell off a little this year...d ont think they will pick of at 10 when there def can mange to get I ints...and the despartley need LB.....carry on!
                              You're impossible.....

I gave you 2 teams in the top 10. #8 Chicago and #9 San Fran that were possible trade back or trade up spots for teams wanting Nelson. Every team I just gave you desperately needs O-line help, i'll give you the Raiders. All of which could make the trade and we are the only team in front that would trade back for him. I said there is no guarantee that Chicago or San Fran would even want to trade back either, who's to say they even want to move, maybe they have guys they have targeted?

Comment

I don't call names like some do....I may be dismissive but that's just me....so of you need to stop being in your feelings and not feel the need to reply to EVERY thread you disagree with...if I did that I wouldn't have a life bc I would be on here all day...
                                you say you didn't join these boards to make friends. Why did you join? was it to discuss topics rationally or was it to push your ideas down other people throats and act like anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot?

If it was the 2nd, I will ask you, politely, to either stop responding to my posts at all or do so in a more polite tone. Saying...that's just me, doesn't make it ok. That would be like...yea, I beat my wife...that's just me....
                                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-20-2018, 06:57 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X