X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedequation
    replied
    Unless case wanted a short contract which you didnt factor in.

Cowboys have draft 3 lineman in the last 20 years in the first round. None with a top 5 pick so....whats your point as thats pretty on par with the rest of the league?

So you found someone who agree with you! Awesome glad you found that podcast

Have a good day!

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    I was just listening to MHR podcast and the hosts were laughing at and making fun of all the fans on these boards clamoring for Nelson. These is a 0% chance Nelson is the pick, it will either be Barkley or 1 of the 4 QBs. Nelson lovers need to realize this and embrace it as to not be disappointed come draft day.
    I personally don’t mind if we get a QB, Defender,RB, or the G spot. I’d be happy with any selection that’s not Rosen because I know they will help our team get better. But you are hating so hard on beliefs that aren’t yours it’s ridiculous. At the end of the day yours, mine, and not are this MHR people don’t know who we are going to pick. Too many variables way in and to say there is a 0% chance of getting Nelson is just being a blind fan. His odd prob aren’t higher than other players but 0%? Lmao come on bro

Leave a comment:

• SecondsAway131
    replied
    Reasons to NOT draft Nelson.

1. We need a franchise QB and there are 4 in this draft, we need 1.

2. You dont draft guards in the top 5, I dont care how good they are.

3. If u REALLY think we need a guard then draft one in round 2 or move back up into the first round and take a guard.

4. We are already paying a guard BIG money. If we drafted Nelson at 5 then we would be allocating over 10% of our salary cap to the guard position. This is NOT how u build a winning team. If u dont believe me go ask the Cowboys how much they have won with the best and most expensive Oline in football.
    The Cowboy's were 24th in O-Line spending in 2017. The Super Bowl Champion Eagles were 4th. The playoff teams last season were ranked 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 18th, and 19th in OL spending. The Broncos ranked 30th.

You know you can look these things up before just making assumptions.

SOURCE

Using the link above, I checked every SB winning team for as far back as the list goes. Here is where they all ranked in OL positional spending:

2017 Eagles - 4th
    2016 Patriots - 9th
    2015 Broncos - 8th
    2014 Patriots - 23rd
    2013 Seahawks - 1st

So all but one SB winning team ranked in the top 10 in positional spending.
    Last edited by SecondsAway131; 03-30-2018, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    You believe we need a "franchise qb". According to elway and vance, we have our qb

You believe that we shouldnt draft a guard. Numerous analysts have said hes worth it. Thats in addition to the numerous points others have pointed out.

All of us nelson lovers have also stated alternatives which you like to ignore. But for some reason you see nelsons name and its like an itch you cant scratch

Myself and others have proved you wrong with the cowboys which you chose to ignore as well as your argument that "thats not how you build teams". Thats not how YOU would build your team.

Leary is making around 9 mil. Thats hardly breaking the bank

Try again....
    If John Elway REALLY believed Case was a franchise QB then he would have given him a longer contract. Instead Elway KNOWS that Case is nothing more than a bridge QB hence the reason he only signed him for 2 years.

Try again

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    You believe we need a "franchise qb". According to elway and vance, we have our qb

You believe that we shouldnt draft a guard. Numerous analysts have said hes worth it. Thats in addition to the numerous points others have pointed out.

All of us nelson lovers have also stated alternatives which you like to ignore. But for some reason you see nelsons name and its like an itch you cant scratch

Myself and others have proved you wrong with the cowboys which you chose to ignore as well as your argument that "thats not how you build teams". Thats not how YOU would build your team.

Try again....
    Proved me wrong? What have the Cowboys won?

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    I was just listening to MHR podcast and the hosts were laughing at and making fun of all the fans on these boards clamoring for Nelson. These is a 0% chance Nelson is the pick, it will either be Barkley or 1 of the 4 QBs. Nelson lovers need to realize this and embrace it as to not be disappointed come draft day.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied

Try again....

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Maybe they could trade/cut Leary next season since his contract is not guaranteed after this season to save some of that $ back.
    So u want to waste a top 5 pick to fill a guard slot just to create another hole at guard next season?

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied

3. If u REALLY think we need a guard then draft one in round 2 or move back up into the first round and take a guard.

4. We are already paying a guard BIG money. If we drafted Nelson at 5 then we would be allocating over 10% of our salary cap to the guard position. This is NOT how u build a winning team. If u dont believe me go ask the Cowboys how much they have won with the best and most expensive Oline in football.
    Maybe they could trade/cut Leary next season since his contract is not guaranteed after this season to save some of that $ back.

Leave a comment:

• crp24lbc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kona bronco
    replied
    I would love it if conner did work out but theres flags from last season. If we go with conner, i hope we pick up someone else thats a g/c
    I think it’s more like Paradise won’t be re-signed and McGovern is expected to step in at center. Leary, McGovern, Nelson would be a strong formidable interior line.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I agree. I just don't think the FO agrees. I hope they do though . Also agree that I'm not sold on McGovern yet and have the same question...why didn't they move Leary to LG and put in McGovern at RG instead of waitning until Leary got hurt.
    I would love it if conner did work out but theres flags from last season. If we go with conner, i hope we pick up someone else thats a g/c

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I know sb said in another thread that most of us "nelson lovers" know that we wont pick him but i feel like we can and should. With him our line should be set even if paradis hips dont hold up. Some say conner will do fine but if that was the case, why did garcia play so much last year?

Unlike others though im down for other options. I just feel like hes one of the best lineman to come out in a while, our line has been atrocious and theres a part of the solution.
    I agree. I just don't think the FO agrees. I hope they do though . Also agree that I'm not sold on McGovern yet and have the same question...why didn't they move Leary to LG and put in McGovern at RG instead of waitning until Leary got hurt.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    I know sb said in another thread that most of us "nelson lovers" know that we wont pick him but i feel like we can and should. With him our line should be set even if paradis hips dont hold up. Some say conner will do fine but if that was the case, why did garcia play so much last year?

Unlike others though im down for other options. I just feel like hes one of the best lineman to come out in a while, our line has been atrocious and theres a part of the solution.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Two reasons to draft Nelson at #5:

1. Third/Fourth and one

2. Goal and one yard to go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X