This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I want them both.......but there is obviously no chance.
    We need line help and offensive production. We need a guy who can create matchup problems. If we get a guy like that then DT improves as well. I really want to keep Thomas but he needs consistent help. This is why a guy like Barkley has me salivating. He could be used as a matchup nightmare not only in the backfield but in the slot as well.

If we could get Nelson and somehow manage to get someone like Christian Kirk that would be huge. Saquon and Hernandez is a good option as well.
    My personal favorite would be to add Billy Price and Christian Kirk. Instant help in the run game and passing game.
    Christian Kirk is probably going to be as good as Calvin Ridley in the NFL. Would be a steal to get one of those and Nelson.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      Christian Kirk is probably going to be as good as Calvin Ridley in the NFL. Would be a steal to get one of those and Nelson.
      Another receiver that you can get outside the first that I think is going to be a stud is Anthony Miller.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
        Kirk is really good. Nelson Agholor/Tyreek Hill type of player that just gives defenses fits with usage. I really think we need a guy like that.

Beef and speed......I like the idea. And it's a great band name

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir;5670347[B
          ]I want them both.[/B]......but there is obviously no chance.
          We need line help and offensive production. We need a guy who can create matchup problems. If we get a guy like that then DT improves as well. I really want to keep Thomas but he needs consistent help. This is why a guy like Barkley has me salivating. He could be used as a matchup nightmare not only in the backfield but in the slot as well.

If we could get Nelson and somehow manage to get someone like Christian Kirk that would be huge. Saquon and Hernandez is a good option as well.
          My personal favorite would be to add Billy Price and Christian Kirk. Instant help in the run game and passing game.
          wouldn't that be sweet!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            wouldn't that be sweet!!!
            Right? How awesome would it be if we were in the Browns situation right now. That would mean we were the worst of the worst but what awesome opportunity to recreate your identity. To go along with a $100 mil to spend in free agency, for all the fans sake I sure hope they don't screw this up

Comment

• [QUOTE=JvDub95;5670371]Right? How awesome would it be if we were in the Browns situation right now. That would mean we were the worst of the worst but what awesome opportunity to recreate your identity. To go along with a $100 mil to spend in free agency, for all the fans sake I sure hope they don't screw this up[/QUOTE]

agreed
              sigpic

Comment

• Kiper has the Bucs taking Nelson at #7.

Other drafts have the 9ers taking Nelson at #9.

If we don't take him at #5, and want to trade back we basically have 1-3 slots to work with. It's possible the Jets pull a Bears and sell the farm to move up one slot for a QB, but outside of that, we don't really have any room to trade back to pick up a generational guard.

I'm just a simple caveman, and I don't exactly have my ear to the streets, but drafting him at 5 could make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                  Kiper has the Bucs taking Nelson at #7.

If we don't take him at #5, and want to trade back we basically have 1-3 slots to work with. It's possible the Jets pull a Bears and sell the farm to move up one slot for a QB, but outside of that, we don't really have any room to trade back to pick up a generational guard.

I'm just a simple caveman, and I don't exactly have my ear to the streets, but drafting him at 5 could make a lot of sense.
                  love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    love it.
                    I have to give Gerontion credit for that one

Comment

• I'm sure it's been mentioned but Daniel Jeremiah at nfl.com has Denver taking Nelson at 5 in his first mock draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        I'm sure it's been mentioned but Daniel Jeremiah at nfl.com has Denver taking Nelson at 5 in his first mock draft.
                        Kiper has the Browns taking Allen, the Giants taking Rosen and Darnold falling to us at #5.

I think we'd have to take him wouldn't we? Outside of getting locked into a Cousins mega-deal.

Comment

Kiper has the Browns taking Allen, the Giants taking Rosen and Darnold falling to us at #5.

I think we'd have to take him wouldn't we? Outside of getting locked into a Cousins mega-deal.
                          Jeremiah said that he thinks Denver will take care of the QB in free agency which is why he had us taking Nelson. He had Barkley going 2nd to the Giants. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, free agency could change so much.

Comment

Kiper has the Bucs taking Nelson at #7.

agreed
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              Jeremiah said that he thinks Denver will take care of the QB in free agency which is why he had us taking Nelson. He had Barkley going 2nd to the Giants. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, free agency could change so much.
                              im all for this. as ive stated before, if they get a QB in FA and Barkley is gone by #5 they Have To take the best OL avalible.
                              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• With Will Hernandez (OG-UTEP)... I seriously doubt we draft Nelson.... not at 5 and when we can take WH in the second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X