This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    With Will Hernandez (OG-UTEP)... I seriously doubt we draft Nelson.... not at 5 and when we can take WH in the second round.
    He's doing well at the Senior Bowl, he might not make it to the Broncos in round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      He's doing well at the Senior Bowl, he might not make it to the Broncos in round 2.
      We hired his coach to be our OG/OC coach; we had senior bowl move him from south to north roster...

This tells me we prefer WH with our second pick over Nelson with our 1st (even if this means trading up).

I would say, after the senior bowl, we walk away thinking Baker Mayfield at 5 and Willy H with our next selection. Obviously things change based on free agency.... and, sure, he could go before we pick a second time.... but we still risk it and go in another direction in first round (QB or OT or defense over Nelson).

Comment

We hired his coach to be our OG/OC coach; we had senior bowl move him from south to north roster...

This tells me we prefer WH with our second pick over Nelson with our 1st (even if this means trading up).

I would say, after the senior bowl, we walk away thinking Baker Mayfield at 5 and Willy H with our next selection. Obviously things change based on free agency.... and, sure, he could go before we pick a second time.... but we still risk it and go in another direction in first round (QB or OT or defense over Nelson).
        That may have been the case, but teams aren't going to just let him pass by because Denver wants to get him in the second. He's elevating his draft stock, Denver may not be able to count on him being there in round 2.

Comment

With Will Hernandez (OG-UTEP)... I seriously doubt we draft Nelson.... not at 5 and when we can take WH in the second round.
          Let’s get both

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
            Let’s get both
            Heh. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thought of that.
            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• we just paid a ton for a really good LG in leary last season. if we get both hopefully one can play rt cause we really need a starting caliber lt
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Mike McGlinchey at RT and Will Hernandez at RG, with Leary back to LG. That would help the o-line tremendously. However, Quenton Nelson might be able to play RT, so imagine both Nelson and Hernandez on the team.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                  we just paid a ton for a really good LG in leary last season. if we get both hopefully one can play rt cause we really need a starting caliber lt
                  I wouldn't say that. Leary was average, at best.

I agree with the post above though, Hernandez in the 2nd looks good, if he falls to us.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post

I agree with the post above though, Hernandez in the 2nd looks good, if he falls to us.
                    leary played RG with a rotating circle or RT get him an actually RT and move him back to his natural position of LG and he will be better then this year.bring in an RG or let garcia ride the bench as you start leary at LG then we haev a alot better line.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

PFF has a different view.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...e-rest-of-2017

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                        I don't trust PFF rankings AT ALL for Olinemen. They graded JD Walton as the best OC in the league at one time and has barely played in the past 4 years. They consistently have bad players ranked very high.

Through week 5 this season, they had the Broncos ranked 16th best Oline. Only 2 positions lower than Dallas, 4 lower than the Rams, and ahead of the Vikings, Bears, Jags, and Saints. In the preseason they had the Broncos ranked 25th. Then they moved UP to 16th by week 5. What Oline were they watching that made them think they actually got better than they thought they were?

Who looked better on the field to you? McGovern or Garcia. To me, it was McGovern by a long shot. Garcia was rated higher than McGovern and McGovern was the lowest rated interior Olineman on the team....out of the 4 listed.
                        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-25-2018, 03:53 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

leary played RG with a rotating circle or RT get him an actually RT and move him back to his natural position of LG and he will be better then this year.bring in an RG or let garcia ride the bench as you start leary at LG then we haev a alot better line.
                          maybe he will, maybe he won't. That's just speculation and I'll believe it when I see it.
                          sigpic

Comment

maybe he will, maybe he won't. That's just speculation and I'll believe it when I see it.
                            maybe i miss typed that or waht not. if he plays his natural position of LG, he will be better. he will be more like the pro-bowl guard we saw in dallas. then the average rg we saw in denver
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm

Comment

maybe i miss typed that or waht not. if he plays his natural position of LG, he will be better. he will be more like the pro-bowl guard we saw in dallas. then the average rg we saw in denver
                              He was never a probowl player and over the last 3 seasons, he has missed 20 out of 48 games due to injury.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nelson is definitely my pick at 5 no question!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X