Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah he is in my top 5 after the top 10 is picked.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      Yeah he is in my top 5 after the top 10 is picked.
      There you go. Now you're coming around!
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Brugler Big Board: Nelson earns No. 1 spot
        February 6, 2018 Dane Brugler 704 Views
        — By Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com —

How early is too early to draft an offensive guard? That question will be asked in NFL war rooms across the league this spring when discussing Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson?
        Simply put, Nelson is a special player. He is a Day One NFL starter with All-Pro potential. The discussion regarding whether an offensive guard should be among the top five picks of the NFL Draft is meant for mock drafts. However, for my draft board, there is no debate Nelson is the best football player in the 2018 NFL Draft.
        (Players are listed with height, weight, 40 time, jersey number)

–1. Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame (6-4, 325, 5.23, 56)
        A player with few weaknesses, Nelson has elite play strength and heavy hands to control defenders in the run game, bulldozing anything in his way. He also has the body control, range and instincts to be above average in pass protection. Nelson has earned this spot.
        sigpic

Comment

• Though Nelson is a very good player and likely a top-10 pick, I think it's easier for a guard to have fewer weaknesses compared to other positions. A guard does not have to cover as many areas as a QB or CB to be considered a complete prospect. Also, the rise of Wynn and Hernandez might play a role in Nelson's draft stock. Teams that want a guard and are picking in the top 5 or top 10 might favor other positions thinking they will have a shot at Wynn or Hernandez at the top of the 2nd round. Considering how much draft analysts like Nelson, it will be interesting to see if NFL teams believe he can also play RT. That would help him go to a team like the Broncos, who might have a starting guard in McGovern but can't find a serviceable RT on the current roster.
          sigpic

Comment

• The more I see of this kid, the more I think he should be our pick. It helps us in so many areas. Short yardage, QB protection, Run game, and fixes a hole for the next 10 years.

This is an image from @jreiddraftscout

Comment

• Sign Keenum to a deal similar to Bortles. Make some restructures, and go hard after Solder. Draft Nelson at 5.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Sign Keenum to a deal similar to Bortles. Make some restructures, and go hard after Solder. Draft Nelson at 5.
                This was exactly my thought. If we don't break the bank to sign Cousins, we would have enough to get Jarvis Landry to fix our Slot problem and provide some future stability at WR and get Solder for LT. We would be in VERY good shape before even getting to our second round and later picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                  The more I see of this kid, the more I think he should be our pick. It helps us in so many areas. Short yardage, QB protection, Run game, and fixes a hole for the next 10 years.

This is an image from @jreiddraftscout
                  Nelson is THE MAN
                  sigpic

Comment

Sign Keenum to a deal similar to Bortles. Make some restructures, and go hard after Solder. Draft Nelson at 5.
                    Is 1 year of production enough to be sold on Keenum? He has been terrible everywhere else and has 1 good year, that's not enough for me to anoint him with the crown. If Denver does sign Keenum they still have to take QB 1st round for insurance, incase the old Keenum rears his ugly head.

I want Nelson too but, imo, the only way we get him is if Cousins is signed. There is a comfort level with him because of what he's done over a good stretch of his career. Case, AJ, Tyrod....all these guys are wasted space. We would be better off just drafting a QB at 5.
                    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-27-2018, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      Is 1 year of production enough to be sold on Keenum? He has been terrible everywhere else and has 1 good year, that's not enough for me to anoint him with the crown. If Denver does sign Keenum they still have to take QB 1st round for insurance, incase the old Keenum rears his ugly head.

I want Nelson too but, imo, the only way we get him is if Cousins is signed. There is a comfort level with him because of what he's done over a good stretch of his career. Case, AJ, Tyrod....all these guys are wasted space. We would be better off just drafting a QB at 5.
                      I would rather throw a draft pick to Philly and try to get foles, but depending upon the asking price, Keenum may be the most realistic option if we want to get Nelson (which I think is the smart move).

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Well my plan would be

Keenum 2y deal with 3rd year option
                        Restructure DT
                        Restructure Talib
                        Sign Solder
                        Draft Nelson
                        Package our 2nd and 3rd for a 1st and take Lamar Jackson
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Drafting Nelson is the smartest Draft move any team can make and I hope Denver makes this smart Draft pick.

Comment

Signing Keenum is my worst nightmare. I want to vomit every time his name comes up in the Broncos QB conversation. Id rather have Lynch as the QB. I'm all in on Cousins or a Rookie anything else would be a disaster.

The o-line moves would be a great.
                            "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
                              Signing Keenum is my worst nightmare. I want to vomit every time his name comes up in the Broncos QB conversation. Id rather have Lynch as the QB. I'm all in on Cousins or a Rookie anything else would be a disaster.

Agreed. Except I’d rather roll with Kelly over Kennum or Lynch.

Comment

• Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post

Yes to this, no to any FA QB not named Kirk Cousins

Comment

Working...
                                X