Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line: Denver desperately needs a QB. Broncos have had poor QB play since midway thru the 2014 season. Thats’s 3.5 seasons enduring bottom 5 QB production.

This draft has arguably 5 1st round QB prospects (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jax) and 3 second round QBs (Falk, Lock, Rudolf).

Denver must do their homework and identify their guy. Now, if they procur their QB in free agency or they deem the value isn’t there or their options are too risky, then I’m fine with them passing in a sign-caller early in the draft.

But, man, there might not be a better chance to get their franchise QB.... we can trade up or down or whatever.... for example, if this was 2 years ago, and we had the 5th pick.... Elway would’ve done what was necessary to get Wentz.

With that said, if we don’t go QB then we should fix the OL once and for all. Nelson is n the first makes sense, bc this is a deep OT class. Still, either way, DEN should go OT in first and OG in second or vice versus.

Bolles, a first and second rounder, Leary, McGovern, Paradis should solidify the OL for 3-5 years. Over and done with!

Comment

Reasons to draft Quenton Nelson:

None

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post

None
        so, you can't think of even 1 reason to draft the best Olineman in this draft, at all, at any draft position? Wow.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 01-13-2018, 01:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

None
          Why not then?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            so, you can't think of even 1 reason to draft the best Olineman in this draft, at all, at any draft position? A typical response I have come to expect of you.
            No, not when we pick at 5.

He is not coming here, silly idea is silly.

He's not even the best olineman and may not even get picked inside the top 10.

Comment

I really don't think he is either. I would bet they pick a QB. This just my preference and worth discussing, imo.

Who do you think is a better olineman in this draft? You don't even think it's possible/worthwhile to trade down and pick him 15?
              sigpic

Comment

I much rather get Nelson than reach for a QB at #5. And even if we get the QB posistion solved prior to the draft Nelson could very well be bpa at #5.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                  I much rather get Nelson than reach for a QB at #5. And even if we get the QB posistion solved prior to the draft Nelson could very well be bpa at #5.
                  agreed
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank you sooo much....these people are deeming him as the GOD of all Guards.....he ain't all that....chance Womack looked just as good as him...They on here comparing him to HOF'ers....quite comical....not like ND played a lot of tough games.....Boooooo....People only show his run block....how about his pass blooking....

I'm sorry if you not driving a DT or LB 15 yards down the field on EVERY SNAP.....a guard is not worth the 5th pick.....Sorry not sorry.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      Thank you sooo much....these people are deeming him as the GOD of all Guards.....he ain't all that....chance Womack looked just as good as him...They on here comparing him to HOF'ers....quite comical....not like ND played a lot of tough games.....Boooooo....People only show his run block....how about his pass blooking....

I'm sorry if you not driving a DT or LB 15 yards down the field on EVERY SNAP.....a guard is not worth the 5th pick.....Sorry not sorry.
                      Can you provide something of substance to prove that he doesn't deserve the hype? It isn't like it's just random fans providing the commentary on him.

1. You ask about his pass blocking. Here you go. "Notre Dame's 330-pound bulldozer hadn't allowed a sack in 819 snaps... and he allowed only one quarterback pressure on 30 pass-blocking snaps in the Citrus Bowl."

2. Did you just say ND didn't play a lot of tough games? If you want people to take you seriously, don't say ridiculous things.
                      ND played Georgia, Michigan State, USC, NC State, Miami, and LSU.
                      They played one of the toughest schedules in the country dude.

3. I'm not sure you've watched more than 10 seconds of him. He doesn't just win his matchups. He dominates them.
                      Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-13-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Let's do this.... if we get a qb in fa, is he at a position of need that much better than the rest of the prospects in this draft at that said position? The consensus is yes from a talent point he is. Run blocking, pass protection, phone booth, pulling, flexibility, strength, awareness, down blocking, 2md level blocking, stunt protection, double teams and peel offs....This guy does those things that much better than the number 2 at his position and is considered by the majority of those with yes opinions to be one of the top 3 or 4 FOOTBALL players in this draft. Your responses have no data besides "you don't use a top 5 pick on a g."....so lets get this strait because hes a guard he cant be worth a top 5 pick even though coming out of collage he is all ready considered one of the best overall linemen to come out in a decade?? Myopic at best and hating at worst
                        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Seems like me you and SMR are all on the same page. You DO NOT DRAFT A GUARD 5th overall. I'm sorry you just don't. Now if we trade back to say 12th or so. Get a few more picks. That's different. I'm ok with that cause Nelson really is good. But just not at 5. I need a playmaker at 5. Especially when we NEVER get to draft this high. If we were the browns and every year we're in the top 5 that's different. I could see the reasoning there.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            Can you provide something of substance to prove that he doesn't deserve the hype? It isn't like it's just random fans providing the commentary on him.

1. You ask about his pass blocking. Here you go. "Notre Dame's 330-pound bulldozer hadn't allowed a sack in 819 snaps... and he allowed only one quarterback pressure on 30 pass-blocking snaps in the Citrus Bowl."

2. Did you just say ND didn't play a lot of tough games? If you want people to take you seriously. Don't say ridiculous things.
                            ND played Georgia, Michigan State, USC, NC State, Miami, and LSU.
                            They played one of the toughest schedules in the country dude.

3. I'm not sure you've watched more than 10 seconds of him. He doesn't just win his matchups. He dominates them.
                            USC naw, nc state Um mm no....
                            Ok again I don't care what people or analyst say....
                            He is a FREAKING GUARD.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

He is a FREAKING GUARD.
                              Any debate that includes "I don't care...."isn't a debate it's just tantrums....you just made your points and opinions moot
                              I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

He is a FREAKING GUARD.
                                They're both top 25 teams. lol When those two teams are their 5th and 6th toughest games, that proves your initial statement to be incorrect. How many teams can say that USC and NC State aren't even their top 4 toughest games?

As for the rest of your comment. That's weak...

But, I noticed that your only retort was once again filled with no substance. You asked about his pass blocking and I provided something real, such as the fact that the man went 800 something snaps without giving up a sack. You didn't reply.

You claimed they played no one, I showed that they played 6 top 25 teams. You replied by saying "naw" to two of the top 25, like that proves something.

Give something more than just "He's a guard", showing that you are just the stereotypical fan that doesn't know how to appreciate an objectively incredible offensive lineman.
                                Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 01-13-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X