X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Yeah PHI won the SB without the best QB, RBs, WRs, and D/STs
    Ok that's 1 team out of how many again?
    My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      That's so not true...n.e...has not had the best line and big has not either. They have been surrounded by talent that makes their line look good
      Tom Brady has not had top-notch WRs or RBs, but he has succeeded (outside of cheating) because his OL gives him time. Where would PITT have been without Bell and the running game that the OL provides? At his age, Ben needs an OL to give him time to find his weapons. Neither team would have made the playoffs, had they had DEN's OL
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Would they be though, without their OLs?
        Tough to say, Brady has superior pocket presence and Ben is such a big guy he's shown over the years that he's tough to bring down.

Comment

NE & PITT have won consistently, because they have quality OLs
          Tom Brady pocket...b en naw not so much.
          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

OL is the MOST IMPORTANT part of a team. How many teams have won without a quality one?
            Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
            Lots of teams win without the best lines
            That is a bit of a non sequitur. Addressing the importance of any given position or unit does not mean it naturally follows that it should be the best or, conversely, not addressing the importance means it is the not the best.

It cliche at this point but it is still no less true, winning in the NFL begins and ends in the trenches. All lines will have strengths and weaknesses, even within the 5 primary positions. Being the best is not what is necessary for winning but a team must be proficient.

How many teams with bad offensive lines went deep in to the playoffs? That would be a pretty rare occurance.

Offensive lines are also important because they protect what is generally the most valuable team position. A weak line generally equals more QB hits, sacks, and tackles for loss. It's why QBs often have a good relationship with the players on the offensive line, whom he has to learn to communicate with and in turn they understand: the QB position and OL line have a bond of trust that when both do what they are supposed to do each is put in a better position to make the other succeed (outside of talent and losing individual positional battles).

So, they don't have to be the best but that does not change their importance to the team. Also, their importance does not diminish the respective importance at other positions, but as a unit, if you have a poor line you are looking at a .500 or less season.

Comment

Tom Brady pocket...b en naw not so much.
              Ben beats you from behind the line, not a debate.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                Mike Klis @MikeKlis
                Joseph: “We have to get better at the quarterback position. But we have to protect better.” Offensive line will be a priority this offseason. #9sports
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                  Tough to say, Brady has superior pocket presence and Ben is such a big guy he's shown over the years that he's tough to bring down.
                  I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say.

In 2017 Brady was sacked 35 times in 1118 snaps, Roethlisberger 21 times in 1038 snaps. In the regular seasonThe Patriots allowed 84 QB hits, Steelers 65. In the post season, the Patriots led in QB hits allowed at 20.

Both QBs have great pocket awareness but both play slightly differently. Brady is often known for getting the ball out quick and he mostly does, however his average time to throw in 2017 was 2.7 sec while Roethlisburger's was 2.56.

Basically both QBs are top-tier, can read defenses well and put the ball where it needs. Both QBs will stand and take hit to make plays. All that makes a line look good and elite QBs do that.

Still, it was the Patriots that quickly fired Dave DeGuglielmo after Denver beat NE in the AFCCG after Brady took a record number of QB hit precisely because his line played poorly. We know how that story ended. :lombardi:
                  Last edited by Rastic; 02-28-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say.

In 2017 Brady was sacked 35 times in 1118 snaps, Roethlisberger 21 times in 1038 snaps. In the regular seasonThe Patriots allowed 84 QB hits, Steelers 65. In the post season, the Patriots led in QB hits allowed at 20.

Both QBs have great pocket awareness but both play slightly differently. Brady is often known for getting the ball out quick and he mostly does, however his average time to throw in 2017 was 2.7 sec while Roethlisburger's was 2.56.

Basically both QBs are top-tier, can read defenses well and put the ball where it needs. Both QBs will stand and take hit to make plays. All that makes a line look good and elite QBs do that.

Still, it was the Patriots that quickly fired Dave DeGuglielmo after Denver beat NE in the AFCCG after Brady took a record number of QB hit precisely because his line played poorly. We know how that story ended. :lombardi:
                    That story was perfect ! Story time again?

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                      One ranking I just looked at had NE as the #1 run blocking line this past year (14th in passing), and PITT as the #1 pass blocking (7th in run blocking)

2016 stats were more balanced, but go ahead to look for yourself

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
                      Ok tues one post...and are both of those teams loaded on offense yes or no?

Comment

Ok tues one post...and are both of those teams loaded on offense yes or no?
                        I wouldn't call NE loaded on offense.
                        sigpic

Comment

Tom Brady has not had top-notch WRs or RBs, but he has succeeded (outside of cheating) because his OL gives him time. Where would PITT have been without Bell and the running game that the OL provides? At his age, Ben needs an OL to give him time to find his weapons. Neither team would have made the playoffs, had they had DEN's OL
                          But you can't take bell away...are u kidding....I those teams are loaded offense...not matter what you say...

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            I wouldn't call NE loaded on offense.
                            Gronk, cooks, Hogan, danny....and all those rbs...ok

Comment

• [QUOTE=broncos SB2010;5681216]
                              Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post

what does that have to do with anything? You said even if he was a HoF player, you wouldn't take him.....wouldn't draft a HoFer....go figure.
                              Who said Nelson will be a HOF...anyway....he can't be a Bust too...not matter what any coach, scout, or radio personality says....

Comment

Gronk, cooks, Hogan, danny....and all those rbs...ok
                                Amendola and Gronk have missed a ton of games due to injuries. Cooks and Hogan were both traded to NE, so they weren't exactly offensive monsters prior to coming to NE. Broncos SB2010 is right on
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X