X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    If the Broncos get Quenton Nelson, I would not rule out him getting a look at RT during camp. It's a way to put or best 5 o-linemen on the field is McGovern keeps progressing. Nelson has OT size and arms (33 3/4"), moves well and plays with a lot of power. As his draft profile indicates, he is "unique because he's big, but he's not fat". I doubt Khalil Mack would be able to put Nelson on skates like he did with Schofield, Stephenson and Sambrailo. It would also be a treat to see Nelson burying Mack and Bosa in the running game.
    he could play RT i feel though he is an average RT(which may be better then we have) or an all pro gaurd. i feel he could upgrade 3 spots on the o-line for sure. i know he was origanaly recruited in college as an OT

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I still don't know what the obsession is with Fitz. I like Derwin James over him. If a safety is taken in the top 10 he better be a playmaker. I just see a solid starter with Fitz. I would rather have Ward over both though since we will be needing corner soon. Especially since Langley looks like another 3rd round bust. I understand you have to give time for guys to develop...but man that guy just looks COMPLETELY lost.
    He supposedly can do everything. Safety, corner, slot, blitz and cover te and rbs. Wether he can or not im not sure but if he can, thats one useful player

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    I still don't know what the obsession is with Fitz. I like Derwin James over him. If a safety is taken in the top 10 he better be a playmaker. I just see a solid starter with Fitz. I would rather have Ward over both though since we will be needing corner soon. Especially since Langley looks like another 3rd round bust. I understand you have to give time for guys to develop...but man that guy just looks COMPLETELY lost.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    is 7 draft spots really a huge difference?
    Your a huge Nelson fan, as am I. Just curious though, if Barkley is there at 5 who do you take out of the 2 ?

Hearing reports the Giants really like Nelson, it will be gutting if Nelson and Barkley are both gone at 5

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    If the Broncos get Quenton Nelson, I would not rule out him getting a look at RT during camp. It's a way to put or best 5 o-linemen on the field is McGovern keeps progressing. Nelson has OT size and arms (33 3/4"), moves well and plays with a lot of power. As his draft profile indicates, he is "unique because he's big, but he's not fat". I doubt Khalil Mack would be able to put Nelson on skates like he did with Schofield, Stephenson and Sambrailo. It would also be a treat to see Nelson burying Mack and Bosa in the running game.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    I’m fine with Nelson, especially since I think you build a roster from the inside out.

But, with this deep OG class, it’s gonna be hard for Elway to pass on an elite edge rusher or once-in-a-generation RB for a guard.

I think I can stomach passing on Fitz, but I just can’t justify passing on barkley or
    Chubb (unless Chubb doesn’t fit our scheme). Still, how do you pass on Barkley? Tough call...

Anyway, I’ll be content with Chubb, Fitz, Barkley, James or Nelson.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Yup I think Ward is the dark horse at 4
    I might move him ahead of fitz if the browns go that direction. They just drafted jamal carter

Just saw video of nelson saying he will play any of the 5 positions
    Last edited by armedequation; 03-19-2018, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SaltySnipes
    replied
    Reasons to draft Quenton Nelson:

1)
    Brilliance

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Teams also really love the CB Denzel Ward
    Yup I think Ward is the dark horse at 4

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied

1)
    Nice video!! my coach used to call those hits a slobberknocker!!! I love your point about attitude, that is definitely what you want to see from early, heck every draft pick.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied

1)

LoL That hit was just NASTY !!

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied

1)

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed. but i still feel it would be best to have simmons at FS it is his more natural position. and i feel we would be best to get a coverage lber. alot of them attackign us with TE and RB was getting them matched up on LBer and abusing the fact the we do not have a good coverage LBer. i don't see how adding minkah fixes that?
    Fitzpatrick would provide the versatility that Stewart lacks which forced our LBs into so many tough assignments in coverage. 3 safety looks are pretty common now and between Fitz, Simmons, and Parks we’d be able to mask the coverage issues our LBs have more so than with Simmons, Parks and Stewart

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Honestly, how many franchise players are there? Let's ignore QBs

Chubb- might not be the best fit as an OLB, would need to gain weight for DE.

Barkley- a very good player, but failed to reach 100yds rushing in 61% of his college games

Minkah- very solid all around, but what makes him a game changer
    Teams also really love the CB Denzel Ward

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Even though I am not a Bama fan I kind of wish Elway would have broke that trend last year. Though the LB I wanted had some issues, so maybe Elway wasn't wrong on him. I would have taken the TE though.
    I'm hoping for Rashaan Evans this year, but it's unlikely

Leave a comment:

Working...
X