This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
    Brady is not the point. People were saying that the Pats have a top 5 Oline which couldn't be further from the truth.

As for pick #5 that's easy as that decision will be made by Kurt Cousins. If we don't sign Cousins then we need a QB and I wouldn't mind moving up to #2 or #3 to get the guy we want (Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield is my order).

If we do sign Cousins then that probably means cutting Talib and Anderson. If Barkley is there at #5 to me that is a no brainer. I don't think he makes it to us so I would go with Minkah or possibly Joshua Jackson if he shows well at the combine.
    So you don't draft a guard at 5 but you draft a rb there. Got it...
    sigpic

Comment

• Let’s be real, if we don’t signs FA QB we will be spreading our first pick on a QB. Our second pick will go to Oline.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        Yeah. Also the Broncos don't have Tom freaking Brady who covers up for poor line play. Most offenses need a good line. Comparing the Patriots situation to ours or any other is an awful conclusion to draw.

How tired of you seeing the middle of our line get destroyed? What do you suggest with the 5th pick?
        Trade back and get more picks.....if Barkely is not there...then I would trade back....people know we need a qb...but if that "guy" isn't there then you just gonna take the next best QB? But hey none of us are pulling the strings.
        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          Trade back and get more picks.....if Barkely is not there...then I would trade back....people know we need a qb...but if that "guy" isn't there then you just gonna take the next best QB? But hey none of us are pulling the strings.
          Cleveland did that with Goff and Wentz, and they are picking #1 overall again.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

How many years in a row has a RB gone in the top 5? Elliot, Fournette on the other hand how many Guards have EVER gone in the top 5 in the history of the NFL?

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Exactly, if a quality QB is there...Rosen or Darnold are the 2 consensus overall best QBs in this draft. If Denver has a chance at either 1 they have to pull the trigger, assuming Kirk isn't signed.

Comment

Exactly.....when was the last time a guard was drafted top 5...I'll wait
                My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

How many years in a row has a RB gone in the top 5? Elliot, Fournette on the other hand how many Guards have EVER gone in the top 5 in the history of the NFL?
                  History books are re-written every year....how many guards like this have come out in that span?

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                    I love these one example facts people come up with....different team, different office...I can easily say the pats....trade back and they are fine....I don't care what another team has done...just like people bring up hunt and kamara...as reason why not to draft rbs in the first....that worked out for "Them and their team....d ont mean the other 30 teams will have the same success

Comment

I love these one example facts people come up with....different team, different office...I can easily say the pats....trade back and they are fine....I don't care what another team has done...just like people bring up hunt and kamara...as reason why not to draft rbs in the first....that worked out for "Them and their team....d ont mean the other 30 teams will have the same success
                      The Pats have the QB position settled, they don't have to take a QB...
                      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                        History books are re-written every year....how many guards like this have come out in that span?
                        I will gladly bet u ANY amount of money u like and give u 100 to 1 odds that a guard is not drafted in the top 5.

Comment

• Personally I think Barkley and Nelson are both great options at 5. Many think these guys are generational talents that could help teams in many ways. Nelson has a chance to dominate his position and in turn help our LT and Barkley has the versatility to turn in a big play from many looks. These guys and their skill sets (not their positions) are being compared to some of the all time greats. Nelson is huge and plays with all his strength. He is an immediate upgrade to any OL. Barkley is 230+ lbs with power speed and great receiving ability. These guys are the top dogs in this draft.

Comment

I will gladly bet u ANY amount of money u like and give u 100 to 1 odds that a guard is not drafted in the top 5.
                            shoot...I'll take that for $1
                            sigpic

Comment

• Draft Nelson !!

Comment

Exactly.....when was the last time a guard was drafted top 5...I'll wait
                                Never said I was opposed to Barkley but if you're argument is you can find guards in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, you can certainly find backs. I don't care if it's Barkley or Nelson (my two favorite players at 5 if we have a qb). I just want the Broncos to hit on this pick and I think the greatest chance of that fills the greatest need as well, Nelson.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X