This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Yet guards get paid more than running backs. Norwell will get a bigger contract than Bell. Bank on it. And Bell is the best back in the league.

Heck...kickers and punters make more on average than running backs.

FA is a better indicator of true position value than the draft. A lot of GMs make bad draft decisions because the draft is based more on sensationalism and fan reaction when it should be based on long-term picture, odds and position vale.
    I completely disagree with this concept. Guards get paid more not cuz their position is more valuable but rather cuz they have longer shelf lives. After a RBs rookie deal NFL teams are scared to pay big money to a RB. If we sign Cousins, which is the only way I would advocate drafting Barkley, then I don't care about 5 years from now. I want to win a SB in the next couple years and a dynamic back like Barkley is far more valuable in a shorter window than a guard who has value cuz he mite play for 10 plus years

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      Yet here you "debating". Come on man bring something to the table...
      My word is what I'm bring.....you want something...here we have zero playmakers on offense .
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Yes! There we go, something i can work with!
        The shelf life is part of it. I think we can agree that we want our qb throwing from the pocket. We have been clamoring for offensive line for what seems like forever. We really need talent and stability there. Like ive said before we are not in a position to draft straight bpa, it has to fit both bpa and need. If we get a fa qb and some line help in fa, i dont see why you dont go barkley if hes there. I dont mind if they go barkley and then wynn or hernandez. I just want them to have a good plan as well as having plan b's c's and d's.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
          Hey hey , dont ne disrespecting TD man. He ran through guys even whenbthey knew he was coming their way. But yes our line was good. We had a good scheme.
          Btw B Sanders is the best rb to play the game . He never struggled . He was phenominal for how bad his line was
          There are others in the conversation.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• wow, look at us go!!! Never thought we would get to 43 page3s

This is how I rank the importance of positions...off the top of my head, open to evaluation

1. QB
            2. Oline
            3. Dline
            4. Edge rushers
            5. WR
            6. 2nd level defenders
            7. secondary
            8. WR
            9. RB
            10. TE
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              Yes! There we go, something i can work with!
              The shelf life is part of it. I think we can agree that we want our qb throwing from the pocket. We have been clamoring for offensive line for what seems like forever. We really need talent and stability there. Like ive said before we are not in a position to draft straight bpa, it has to fit both bpa and need. If we get a fa qb and some line help in fa, i dont see why you dont go barkley if hes there. I dont mind if they go barkley and then wynn or hernandez. I just want them to have a good plan as well as having plan b's c's and d's.
              Wynn or Hernandez would be good . Price will go later because of his injury and will be a stud once hes healed. A dark horse OL i think is the kid from UCLA. sorry cant remember his name

Ah kolton miller ! Got it
              Last edited by orange crush75; 03-04-2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• I don't care about 5 years from now. I want to win a SB in the next couple years and a dynamic back like Barkley is far more valuable in a shorter window than a guard who has value cuz he mite play for 10 plus years.
                And that is how you become the Washington Redskins

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  There are others in the conversation.
                  Of course , i mentioned Walter, Campbell, E Smith and AP . Imo either Walter or Barry is the best to put the cleats on.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    wow, look at us go!!! Never thought we would get to 43 page3s

This is how I rank the importance of positions...off the top of my head, open to evaluation

1. QB
                    2. Oline
                    3. Dline
                    4. Edge rushers
                    5. WR
                    6. 2nd level defenders
                    7. secondary
                    8. WR
                    9. RB
                    10. TE
                    I would swap #4 and #6, might even put ILB as high as #3. Marshall is the only returning LB and he is, imo, only avg.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      I would swap #4 and #6, might even put ILB as high as #3. Marshall is the only returning LB and he is, imo, only avg.
                      ILB belongs at the very bottom of this list along with OG

Comment

1. QB
                        2. Oline
                        3. Dline
                        4. Edge rushers
                        5. WR
                        6. 2nd level defenders
                        7. secondary
                        8. WR
                        9. RB
                        10. TE

Your autocorrect accidentally switched TEs and RBs

Comment

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
                          ILB belongs at the very bottom of this list along with OG
                          Glad you think so, but you're wrong. It's a very important position that we are terribly weak at

Comment

1. QB
                            2. Oline
                            3. Dline
                            4. Edge rushers
                            5. WR
                            6. 2nd level defenders
                            7. secondary
                            8. WR
                            9. RB
                            10. TE
                            I would put secondary higher. At least CBs. Having the best trio of corners in the league for several years has been very beneficial to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
                              This is true. But how many of those great Olineman where top 5 picks? Matter of fact how many of them were 1st or 2nd round picks?
                              Since Elway took over, he has drafted nine O-Linemen. That's almost two O-Lines in seven years. Four of them are still with the team.

One was a first rounder (#20), two were second rounders (#s 46 & 59), one was a third rounder (#95), two were fourth rounders (#s 108 & 133), one was a fifth rounder (#144) and two were sixth rounders (#s 173 & 207)

The jury is still kind of out on Garrett Bolles, but I think he'll be fine. Denver couldn't afford to keep Orlando Franklin when his rookie deal expired, and they traded Ty Sambrailo. Michael Schofield was released, Phillip Blake was out of football after his first year and Max Garcia will probably be on the bubble this year. Connor McGovern looks promising and he might even become the starting Center depending on what happens. Vinston Painter is with his fourth team as a backup, and Matt Paradis has been a good player, but has taken a beating and might not make the five depending on what happens.

So, Denver needs to acquire a starting Right Tackle and a starting Guard. The free agents aren't that impressive and the good ones will be pretty expensive. If Denver signs a free agent QB, there most likely won't be enough $$$ left to sign a decent FA O-Lineman. Why do you suppose quality O-Linemen command such a price in free agency? May I suggest it is because of the law of supply and demand?

The Draft is the best way IMO to address the O-Line. Based on previous experience, I don't think Denver should reasonably expect to find a starting O-Lineman much past the fiftieth pick. Guys to develop, maybe, but not starters.

At the moment, Denver has #5 and #40. If they don't sign a FA QB, they must use #5 on a QB. If they do sign a FA QB, they could keep #5 or trade down to get some more picks in the top fifty or so. Denver has #71, but it's hard to say if a starting O-Lineman would still be there. Good O-Line prospects get grabbed up pretty fast.

Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson are not the answers to any questions of which I am aware. Cyrus Kouandijo is probably a depth guy, maybe a Swing Tackle as game day depth. Elijah Wilkinson is an unknown quantity, probably a PS guy. Jeremiah Poutasi might provide some competition at G, but who knows? Denver should probably see what it takes to re-sign Billy Turner.

Depending on what happens in free agency and the Draft, Denver may have to go the latter route to complete the rebuild of their O-Line. Hard to say what kind of guys they are looking for since Musgrave can go either or both possible rushing schemes.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                                Of course , i mentioned Walter, Campbell, E Smith and AP . Imo either Walter or Barry is the best to put the cleats on.
                                Barry Sanders' Dad thought Jim Brown was better. Others in the conversation include: LaDainian Tomlinson and Marcus Allen.

Comment

Working...
                                X