This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    It's a two year deal. Expect them to take a QB at number 5. Case doesn't turn this team into a contender.
    I don't expect that at all anymore. Possible, but I think it's far from a given. Elway even said...if they have a young guy, then play him.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kon View Post
      God I hope we get Nelson. Especially if we can make someone overpay and drop to like 8-9.
      Looking at the teams behind the Broncos in the draft, the Jets are likely to try to trade above the Broncos. If the Jets don't move to 2 or 3, the Dolphins or Bills may try to trade with the Broncos but that would take us moving back to 11 or 12. The only way we can move back to 8 or 9 is if Barkley drops to Denver, which probably won't happen.

What I'm saying is, Nelson is the fifth pick or we don't pick him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        That's a valid point. It wouldn't surprise me either, I don't think it happens though.
        I really want Mayfield at 5 but would not be opposed to say Nelson at 5 and Lamar Jackson in the late first or early second.
        sigpic
        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

why would they pay Keenum $18M just to move up and draft a QB? why wouldn't they just play the QB they moved up for?
          Because Darnold and Allen both need a year to develop. Plus I would much rather waste $18 million of cap space cuz cap space u get every year, top 5 picks u don't get very often in Denver using that on a guard would be an absolute waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by crp24lbc View Post
            Because Darnold and Allen both need a year to develop. Plus I would much rather waste $18 million of cap space cuz cap space u get every year, top 5 picks u don't get very often in Denver using that on a guard would be an absolute waste.
            And you think Keenum is a better option than playing a top 5 pick and letting them develop on the field? Elway has already said that next time they should let the young QB play. Who said it would be one of those 2 anyway?
            sigpic

Comment

And you think Keenum is a better option than playing a top 5 pick and letting them develop on the field? Elway has already said that next time they should let the young QB play. Who said it would be one of those 2 anyway?
              No I think Keenum sucks and there is 8 years of terrible film that anyone can watch to verify that. But now that we have him that doesn't stop me from swinging again in the top 5 for a franchise QB. Honestly I would rather swing and miss at a QB at 5 than waste the pick on Nelson. Like I have said before, top 5 picks need to be potential franchise changers and no matter how good Nelson may or may not be (it is possible he is a bust) a guard is not a franchise changer.

Comment

No I think Keenum sucks and there is 8 years of terrible film that anyone can watch to verify that. But now that we have him that doesn't stop me from swinging again in the top 5 for a franchise QB. Honestly I would rather swing and miss at a QB at 5 than waste the pick on Nelson. Like I have said before, top 5 picks need to be potential franchise changers and no matter how good Nelson may or may not be (it is possible he is a bust) a guard is not a franchise changer.
                8 years of terrible film?

Keenum enters the league in 2012

Didn't have film his 1st year.

Does quick math

Dismisses the post.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post

Does quick math

Dismisses the post.
                  hahahahaha
                  sigpic

Comment

Does quick math

Dismisses the post.
                    I'm sorry if u only watch NFL film. Some of us actually do our homework and start watching film long before the NFL.

Comment

I'm sorry if u only watch NFL film. Some of us actually do our homework and start watching film long before the NFL.
                      Ya the NCAA leader in yards, who came out as the CUSA MVP twice sure had bad film.

Comment

Ya the NCAA leader in yards, who came out as the CUSA MVP twice sure had bad film.
                        Obviously his film wasn't that impressive considering that every single team in the NFL agreed that he wasn't worth drafting.

Comment

Obviously his film wasn't that impressive considering that every single team in the NFL agreed that he wasn't worth drafting.
                          It was the style of offense he came out of, you should know that since you watched 3 years of film...

Comment

It was the style of offense he came out of, you should know that since you watched 3 years of film...
                            Yes I know why he wasn't drafted. Bad film was one of MANY reasons.

Comment

Yes I know why he wasn't drafted. Bad film was one of MANY reasons.
                              Lol you haven't watched any film

Comment

• What would be a waste is if we pick anyone at 5 and they dont play
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X