X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I absolutely think that SF takes Roquan. Especially after the Aldon Smith and Reuben Foster fiascos
    I can see this too.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    The only team i can see in the top 10 take him is maybe Chicago and they seem to be wanting Nelson or a LB'er.

SF and Oak could take him but i think they take Roquan/Edmunds specifically or Oakland could draft McGlinchey to shore up their OL, hole at RT.
    I absolutely think that SF takes Roquan. Especially after the Aldon Smith and Reuben Foster fiascos

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Didnt say, but if we are to use what incarcerated Bob reported

They offered the giants

Both 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 2nd.

I've also heard rumors maybe Shady gets included but idk about that
    If they are offering Shady with any sort of trade up/down deal, that's an easy take for me. Even swapping their 12th pick + Shady is enough for me. Dude would instantly replace and upgrade CJ's spot.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Regarding Bills, what are they offering?

You know both 1's are in the offer, are they giving up a 1 or 2 next year, plus a 2nd and/or 3rd next year.

Ward and Hernandez seem to be where Denver would go if both were on the board in that scenario.
    Didnt say, but if we are to use what incarcerated Bob reported

They offered the giants

Both 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, and next years 2nd.

I've also heard rumors maybe Shady gets included but idk about that

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    I wouldn’t be against trading back and getting both Ward and Hernandez. I’m not sure Ward would be there past first 10 picks.
    The only team i can see in the top 10 take him is maybe Chicago and they seem to be wanting Nelson or a LB'er.

SF and Oak could take him but i think they take Roquan/Edmunds specifically or Oakland could draft McGlinchey to shore up their OL, hole at RT.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is what Allbright tweeted based on what hes hearing right now

If I had to guess today...

1. Browns - Darnold
    2. Giants - Barkley
    3. Jets - Mayfield
    4. Browns - Chubb
    5. Bills - Allen
    6. Colts - Nelson

Also said our targets would be Denzel Ward and Will Hernandez with the 2 1sts.
    Regarding Bills, what are they offering?

You know both 1's are in the offer, are they giving up a 1 or 2 next year, plus a 2nd and/or 3rd next year.

Ward and Hernandez seem to be where Denver would go if both were on the board in that scenario.

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't think Payne ends up being a pass rusher at all. Over 3 seasons and 35 games at Alabama he accounted for a total of 3 sacks. I think he ends up being a very good player against the run, but a guy who comes off the field in obvious pass rushing situations.

Perhaps I'm wrong on which Payne we're talking about? Or there's some underlying aspect I'm missing?
    He is athletic enough to be one I think that for Alabama pass rushing wasn’t his role he was just a disrupted to allow everyone around him to make plays.

Edit-also just read on his draft profile he had 27 pressures so I think the ability is there.
    Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 04-18-2018, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Nope. I would prioritize a pass rushing 3 tech over a NT. Not like I don't appreciate a good NT(Peko played well last year and is getting old), but with Gostis possible seeing a suspension his way, Wolfe coming up on his contract soon and always being injured and Walker being severely mismanaged by our staff...we need a pass rushing DT more than people think. Vea is a great player, but once again...he is a NT. Pass Rusher >>>> Run Stuff all day.
    Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't think Payne ends up being a pass rusher at all. Over 3 seasons and 35 games at Alabama he accounted for a total of 3 sacks. I think he ends up being a very good player against the run, but a guy who comes off the field in obvious pass rushing situations.

Perhaps I'm wrong on which Payne we're talking about? Or there's some underlying aspect I'm missing?

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Nope. I would prioritize a pass rushing 3 tech over a NT. Not like I don't appreciate a good NT(Peko played well last year and is getting old), but with Gostis possible seeing a suspension his way, Wolfe coming up on his contract soon and always being injured and Walker being severely mismanaged by our staff...we need a pass rushing DT more than people think. Vea is a great player, but once again...he is a NT. Pass Rusher >>>> Run Stuff all day.
    I guess. Just my opinion, I feel like we have been missing pressure up the middle since Jackson left. Peko was good against the run we allowed too many QBs to step up in the pocket. We have outside pressure already with our OLB. Gotsis can be replaced by Shelby Harris for the time being. Having a big, strong, fast off the start DT could help take pressure off Wolfe and even push the QBs to the side to help our OLB

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You wouldn’t want Vita Vea over Payne?

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    My dream scenario is to trade back with Buffalo, pick up Da'ron Payne then Hernandez and then trade up with our second and take Isaiah Oliver
    You wouldn’t want Vita Vea over Payne?

Leave a comment:

• Gbt31
    replied
    My dream scenario is to trade back with Buffalo, pick up Da'ron Payne then Hernandez and then trade up with our second and take Isaiah Oliver

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    At least three of the four top QBs, B. Chubb, Barkley and Nelson will get picked in the top ten along with Fitzpatrick, Ward and other possibilities. Indy at #6 probably won't draft Nelson. Tampa Bay at #7 could use Nelson, but they might go DL or DB instead. If Nelson is there when Chicago picks at #8, they might take him as BPA although they probably need a TE or WR more, but #8 might be too early for one. After that, he increasingly becomes the BPA who can't be ignored and must be picked. I think he's gone in the top ten for sure, but that's just me.
    Yeah, I feel like Chicago is the most likely if we pass. So it would be ideal if Tampa had a player they really wanted at 5 to trade up for (Chubb/Barkley). I'd just like to get max value - if we can get another pick, why not?

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Chillez View Post
    I wouldn’t be against trading back and getting both Ward and Hernandez. I’m not sure Ward would be there past first 10 picks.
    That would work just fine IMO.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
    I would be happy if we could trade back a spot or two and get Nelson. I'm coming around to taking Nelson and one of the top 3 backs (Guice, Jones) with the 2nd pick, if one were still there. I would love to have a dominant running game again where play action passes actually worked.

Not sure if there is any chance we could move back to 7 though (and hope he drops that far).
    At least three of the four top QBs, B. Chubb, Barkley and Nelson will get picked in the top ten along with Fitzpatrick, Ward and other possibilities. Indy at #6 probably won't draft Nelson. Tampa Bay at #7 could use Nelson, but they might go DL or DB instead. If Nelson is there when Chicago picks at #8, they might take him as BPA although they probably need a TE or WR more, but #8 might be too early for one. After that, he increasingly becomes the BPA who can't be ignored and must be picked. I think he's gone in the top ten for sure, but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X