This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Thank you sooo much....these people are deeming him as the GOD of all Guards.....he ain't all that....chance Womack looked just as good as him...They on here comparing him to HOF'ers....quite comical....not like ND played a lot of tough games.....Boooooo....People only show his run block....how about his pass blooking....

I'm sorry if you not driving a DT or LB 15 yards down the field on EVERY SNAP.....a guard is not worth the 5th pick.....Sorry not sorry.
    Don't you do the exact same thing with Barkley?

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      They're both top 25 teams. lol When those two teams are their 5th and 6th toughest games, that proves your initial statement to be incorrect. How many teams can say that USC and NC State aren't even their top 4 toughest games?

As for the rest of your comment. That's weak...

But, I noticed that your only retort was once again filled with no substance. You asked about his pass blocking and I provided something real, such as the fact that the man went 800 something snaps without giving up a sack. You didn't reply.

You claimed they played no one, I showed that they played 6 top 25 teams. You replied by saying "naw" to two of the top 25, like that proves something.

Give something more than just "He's a guard", showing that you are just the stereotypical fan that doesn't know how to appreciate an objectively incredible offensive lineman.
      This..this....oh and this
      I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        Thank you sooo much....these people are deeming him as the GOD of all Guards.....he ain't all that....chance Womack looked just as good as him...They on here comparing him to HOF'ers....quite comical....not like ND played a lot of tough games.....Boooooo....People only show his run block....how about his pass blooking....

I'm sorry if you not driving a DT or LB 15 yards down the field on EVERY SNAP.....a guard is not worth the 5th pick.....Sorry not sorry.
        Chance womack??? In what way has he not shown his potential??? Lmao

Comment

Blurb from Luke Easterling
          Editor, Draft Wire at USA TODAY SMG | 17-year NFL Draft scout, analyst and writer

Quenton Nelson | G | Notre Dame
          Height | 6-5

Weight | 330

Class | Senior

College Bio Page

It’s rare that an interior offensive lineman has a legitimate case to make as the best overall prospect in the draft, but Nelson is the exception. He could have been a fairly early pick in last year’s draft, but another season of experience and refinement has Nelson even more prepared to be an All-Pro right out of the gate.

A massive mover with a rare combination of athleticism, physicality and awareness, Nelson is a 36-game starter who consistently dominates his competition. He should be a top-10 lock who is worthy of top-five consideration.
          sigpic

Comment

Blurb from Sports Illustrated and Albert Breer

After four months of calling around, I feel good about the first four picks. And those are USC quarterback Sam Darnold, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb. My sense is that, provided they all come out (Darnold is a redshirt sophomore, Rosen and Barkley are juniors, Chubb is a senior), the quarterbacks are safe bets to go inside the Top 5, but it’s the other two who are among the three best players in this class.

And the third of the top-three overall prospects is a guard. That’s right, a guard. Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson is probably the most agreed upon prospect that I’ve discussed with scouts. When I told an exec last week that I’d probably write that Nelson was “maybe a better guard prospect than ex-teammate Zack Martin,” he told me to take the “maybe” out of there. In 2014, Martin, you may remember, became the first rookie linemen to make first-team All-Pro in 57 years. I had Nelson going fifth in my mock.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              Blurb from Sports Illustrated and Albert Breer

After four months of calling around, I feel good about the first four picks. And those are USC quarterback Sam Darnold, UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen, Penn State running back Saquon Barkley and N.C. State defensive end Bradley Chubb. My sense is that, provided they all come out (Darnold is a redshirt sophomore, Rosen and Barkley are juniors, Chubb is a senior), the quarterbacks are safe bets to go inside the Top 5, but it’s the other two who are among the three best players in this class.

And the third of the top-three overall prospects is a guard. That’s right, a guard. Notre Dame’s Quenton Nelson is probably the most agreed upon prospect that I’ve discussed with scouts. When I told an exec last week that I’d probably write that Nelson was “maybe a better guard prospect than ex-teammate Zack Martin,” he told me to take the “maybe” out of there. In 2014, Martin, you may remember, became the first rookie linemen to make first-team All-Pro in 57 years. I had Nelson going fifth in my mock.
              Speaking of Zach Martin, if you could redraft knowing what we know now, he doesn't go 16, he goes top 8 and if he does then what's the difference if Nelson goes 5? Esp if we have signed a vet qb?

Comment

Remember when Rams drafted a can’t-miss, stud, future HOF OG at 2 (2014 draft). Greg Robinson.... guess what? BUST! Zach Martin went later in that first round...

If DEN drafts a bust, you much rather doing it wisely.... going with QB, OT, Pass Rusher at 5.... otherwise, you an absolute fool if you pass on a solid QB for an OG bust.

The Rams passed on some serious defensive talent for Robinson.... and, Carr went in the second round! Like this draft, where some claim Baker only worth a second round selection.... would people be blasting Rams if they took Carr at 2 now, looking back?

Broncos also are strongest at OG, than OC and OT. That is, if you believe in McGovern.

Anyway, I’m not against Nelson... just saying we better be sure the QBs available aren’t worthy.... bc if we pass on a Pro Bowl QB for a HOF OG... then we lose.
                Last edited by fraguela09; 01-13-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Assuming we get a vet QB, I think we either draft Nelson at 5 and draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd, or we draft Connor Williams and draft an OG in the 2nd or 3rd. I’m fine with either

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    The Colts may very well take him at 3 but they also seem to be in love with Barkley and quite frankly these are the types of poor decisions they usually make
                    If Barkley gets past the colts and browns (twice), then I’d love to get him

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      Remember when Rams drafted a can’t-miss, stud, future HOF OG at 2 (2014 draft). Greg Robinson.... guess what? BUST! Zach Martin went later in that first round...

If DEN drafts a bust, you much rather doing it wisely.... going with QB, OT, Pass Rusher at 5.... otherwise, you an absolute fool if you pass on a solid QB for an OG bust.

The Rams passed on some serious defensive talent for Robinson.... and, Carr went in the second round! Like this draft, where some claim Baker only worth a second round selection.... would people be blasting Rams if they took Carr at 2 now, looking back?

Broncos also are strongest at OG, than OC and OT. That is, if you believe in McGovern.

Anyway, I’m not against Nelson... just saying we better be sure the QBs available aren’t worthy.... bc if we pass on a Pro Bowl QB for a HOF OG... then we lose.
                      Greg Robinson came out as a LT

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...son?id=2543458

greg robinson came out as an offensive tackle. he also played lt in college.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                          http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profil...son?id=2543458

greg robinson came out as an offensive tackle. he also played lt in college.
                          And i think everyone whos stated they'd be ok with nelson said so IF we had already picked up a vet qb in free agency

Comment

Billy Price at the bottom of round 1 is nearly as good. Dude was an All American as a Guard one year, then All American at Center the following year. Nelson is good but you simply don’t take a Guard in the top 5. If we think we need a Guard that bad, move up from round 2 and grab Price.
                            Elway and Kubiak know they can grab guards in the mid to late rounds, they’ve won Super Bowls with those types of players.
                            They will not spend the #5 pick on a Guard, and I will bet everything I’ve got.

Comment

Nelson, Barkley, Smith, any QB. As long as Matt Russell is heading the Personnel and Scouting Depts., they won’t get it right. I hope Kukiak has more input than this imbecile. I can see it now: With the 5th pick in the 2018 draft, the Denver Broncos select Thomas Lee, QB, University of Concordia. 6’8” 210 lbs.

So until Matt Russell is sent down to the Pit of Misery, how can we have faith in this FO. At the end we will all be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                                Any debate that includes "I don't care...."isn't a debate it's just tantrums....you just made your points and opinions moot
                                You right I'm not gonna name or make reason why we shouldn't draft a guard at 5 other than YOU DONT DRAFT A FREAKING GUARD WITH THE 5TH PICK OVERALL PERIOD. Say what you want and get mad all you want bc I disagree with you all....idc....get a play maker someone that gets tds or get the ball back to your offense....
                                Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Working...
                                X