This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd lsit nelson as a game changer for what he can bring to our offense. he can bring a nasty gaurd with all-pro type talent opening holes for CJ. he can bring a gaurd that can match up against any interior pass rusher in the league. like the suhs the donalds and the atkins. he brings a guy who once he gets his hands on a defensive player that defensive player is out of the play.

Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed. but i still feel it would be best to have simmons at FS it is his more natural position. and i feel we would be best to get a coverage lber. alot of them attackign us with TE and RB was getting them matched up on LBer and abusing the fact the we do not have a good coverage LBer. i don't see how adding minkah fixes that?
    I think Nelson is as well, I was just looking at other guys since Nelson was already discussed.

I agree on safety, I feel.like Simmons and Parks were the tandem plan. Plus, Elway has never drafted a Bama player fwiw
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Andrew Norwell is the 2nd highest paid OL in the NFL, OGs have now started to eclipse the the 10m apy in FA and extensions. With the increase in interior rushing, guards have become infinitely more valuable.
      Well there you go then. All the more reason to draft Nelson. If he is as successful as I think he can be 8+ years starter, first year starter, and possible multiple pro-bowls, it is going to cost us a lot to get someone comparable.

Comment

I think Nelson is as well, I was just looking at other guys since Nelson was already discussed.

I agree on safety, I feel.like Simmons and Parks were the tandem plan. Plus, Elway has never drafted a Bama player fwiw
        Even though I am not a Bama fan I kind of wish Elway would have broke that trend last year. Though the LB I wanted had some issues, so maybe Elway wasn't wrong on him. I would have taken the TE though.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
          Even though I am not a Bama fan I kind of wish Elway would have broke that trend last year. Though the LB I wanted had some issues, so maybe Elway wasn't wrong on him. I would have taken the TE though.
          I'm hoping for Rashaan Evans this year, but it's unlikely

Comment

Honestly, how many franchise players are there? Let's ignore QBs

Chubb- might not be the best fit as an OLB, would need to gain weight for DE.

Barkley- a very good player, but failed to reach 100yds rushing in 61% of his college games

Minkah- very solid all around, but what makes him a game changer
            Teams also really love the CB Denzel Ward

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              Minkah gives us an upgrade in speed. but i still feel it would be best to have simmons at FS it is his more natural position. and i feel we would be best to get a coverage lber. alot of them attackign us with TE and RB was getting them matched up on LBer and abusing the fact the we do not have a good coverage LBer. i don't see how adding minkah fixes that?
              Fitzpatrick would provide the versatility that Stewart lacks which forced our LBs into so many tough assignments in coverage. 3 safety looks are pretty common now and between Fitz, Simmons, and Parks we’d be able to mask the coverage issues our LBs have more so than with Simmons, Parks and Stewart

Comment

• Reasons to draft Quenton Nelson:

1)
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  Reasons to draft Quenton Nelson:

1)

LoL That hit was just NASTY !!

Comment

1)
                    Nice video!! my coach used to call those hits a slobberknocker!!! I love your point about attitude, that is definitely what you want to see from early, heck every draft pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                      Teams also really love the CB Denzel Ward
                      Yup I think Ward is the dark horse at 4

Comment

1)
                        Brilliance

Comment

Yup I think Ward is the dark horse at 4
                          I might move him ahead of fitz if the browns go that direction. They just drafted jamal carter

Just saw video of nelson saying he will play any of the 5 positions
                          Last edited by armedequation; 03-19-2018, 04:14 PM.
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I’m fine with Nelson, especially since I think you build a roster from the inside out.

But, with this deep OG class, it’s gonna be hard for Elway to pass on an elite edge rusher or once-in-a-generation RB for a guard.

I think I can stomach passing on Fitz, but I just can’t justify passing on barkley or
                            Chubb (unless Chubb doesn’t fit our scheme). Still, how do you pass on Barkley? Tough call...

Anyway, I’ll be content with Chubb, Fitz, Barkley, James or Nelson.

Comment

• If the Broncos get Quenton Nelson, I would not rule out him getting a look at RT during camp. It's a way to put or best 5 o-linemen on the field is McGovern keeps progressing. Nelson has OT size and arms (33 3/4"), moves well and plays with a lot of power. As his draft profile indicates, he is "unique because he's big, but he's not fat". I doubt Khalil Mack would be able to put Nelson on skates like he did with Schofield, Stephenson and Sambrailo. It would also be a treat to see Nelson burying Mack and Bosa in the running game.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                is 7 draft spots really a huge difference?
                                Your a huge Nelson fan, as am I. Just curious though, if Barkley is there at 5 who do you take out of the 2 ?

Hearing reports the Giants really like Nelson, it will be gutting if Nelson and Barkley are both gone at 5

Comment

Working...
                                X