Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still don't know what the obsession is with Fitz. I like Derwin James over him. If a safety is taken in the top 10 he better be a playmaker. I just see a solid starter with Fitz. I would rather have Ward over both though since we will be needing corner soon. Especially since Langley looks like another 3rd round bust. I understand you have to give time for guys to develop...but man that guy just looks COMPLETELY lost.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      I still don't know what the obsession is with Fitz. I like Derwin James over him. If a safety is taken in the top 10 he better be a playmaker. I just see a solid starter with Fitz. I would rather have Ward over both though since we will be needing corner soon. Especially since Langley looks like another 3rd round bust. I understand you have to give time for guys to develop...but man that guy just looks COMPLETELY lost.
      He supposedly can do everything. Safety, corner, slot, blitz and cover te and rbs. Wether he can or not im not sure but if he can, thats one useful player
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        If the Broncos get Quenton Nelson, I would not rule out him getting a look at RT during camp. It's a way to put or best 5 o-linemen on the field is McGovern keeps progressing. Nelson has OT size and arms (33 3/4"), moves well and plays with a lot of power. As his draft profile indicates, he is "unique because he's big, but he's not fat". I doubt Khalil Mack would be able to put Nelson on skates like he did with Schofield, Stephenson and Sambrailo. It would also be a treat to see Nelson burying Mack and Bosa in the running game.
        he could play RT i feel though he is an average RT(which may be better then we have) or an all pro gaurd. i feel he could upgrade 3 spots on the o-line for sure. i know he was origanaly recruited in college as an OT
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• If Broncos aren't taking a QB at 5 trade down with Buffalo, stockpile picks and fill holes.
          sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            Your a huge Nelson fan, as am I. Just curious though, if Barkley is there at 5 who do you take out of the 2 ?

Hearing reports the Giants really like Nelson, it will be gutting if Nelson and Barkley are both gone at 5
            Nelson. In a heartbeat.
            sigpic

Comment

• Has there ever been a guard taken in the top 5 or so in the draft? I remember Decastro was around 24th -30th and he was projected to be a stud ......which he is .

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                Has there ever been a guard taken in the top 5 or so in the draft? I remember Decastro was around 24th -30th and he was projected to be a stud ......which he is .
                In the last 10 drafts there has not been a guard taken in the top 5. Jonathan Cooper was #7 in 2013 draft. Three tackles were selected in the top 5 in 2013 - Eric Fisher (1), Luke Joeckel (2) and Lane Johnson (4).

Comment

Has there ever been a guard taken in the top 5 or so in the draft? I remember Decastro was around 24th -30th and he was projected to be a stud ......which he is .
                  Leonard Davis was the last one to be selected top 5 in the nfl draft
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

We took a Guard at #4 and used him in the trade that got Elway.
                    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Thank you guys for the drafting info on guards. So i think its safe to say that all these lineman taken in the 1st round have been really great lineman.

Comment

• Quenton Nelson gets drafted by the Cowboys.
                        :lombardi:

Comment

• I think we take Nelson, if our top QB and barkley are gone. Chubb ma not fit 3-4 and as nice as safeties are... Hard to pass on a surefire HOF OL... at the very least, he’s a solid 10 Year starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                            Your a huge Nelson fan, as am I. Just curious though, if Barkley is there at 5 who do you take out of the 2 ?

Hearing reports the Giants really like Nelson, it will be gutting if Nelson and Barkley are both gone at 5
                            If the Giants really want Nelson and we really want Rosen, then it wouldn’t surprise me if we traded up with them. If we go to two, three qb’s will be taken with the top 3 picks. The fourth will be Barkley, or someone trading up with the Browns. Then the Giants can take Nelson five. However, I’d be happy if we took Nelson 5. But, if we’re trading up, it better be for Rosen.

Comment

• Unless we have our QB fall into our laps, or Barkley, or get blown away to trade out... Draft Nelson, then try to trade back into first round for Sonny Michel or the best WR left, or McGlinchy, or Payne, or a LB.... or maybe Jax falls.

I want to get 3-4 picks before third round. Use our picks to go get quality. We need 4 starters from this draft.

I would love Nelson. Bolles and Nelson would be nasty and fun!
                              Last edited by fraguela09; 03-19-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                                Unless we have our QB fall into our laps, or Barkley, or get blown away to trade out... Draft Nelson, then try to trade back into first round for Sonny Michel or the best WR left, or McGlinchy, or Payne, or a LB.... or maybe Jax falls.

I want to get 3-4 picks before third round. Use our picks to go get quality. We need 4 starters from this draft.

I would love Nelson. Bolles and Nelson would be nasty and fun!
                                Not that its feasible but getting nelson and mcglinchey would be interesting
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X