This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Not that its feasible but getting nelson and mcglinchey would be interesting
    it may be. i mean mcglinchey in alot of drafts i have seen drop past pick 20 i have seen him drop out of the first round. i feel if he is there we should move up and get him

i mean this line sounds really good right

LT Bolles
    LG Leary
    OC Paradis
    RG Nelson
    RT Mcglinchey

that looks like it could isntantly be one of the best lines in the nfl.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
      Has there ever been a guard taken in the top 5 or so in the draft? I remember Decastro was around 24th -30th and he was projected to be a stud ......which he is .
      Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      We took a Guard at #4 and used him in the trade that got Elway.
      Yes,we took Chris Hinton in 83 #4 overall and he was the major piece in the deal we made with the Colts in the Elway trade. Hinton made the Pro Bowl as a rookie guard that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        it may be. i mean mcglinchey in alot of drafts i have seen drop past pick 20 i have seen him drop out of the first round. i feel if he is there we should move up and get him

i mean this line sounds really good right

LT Bolles
        LG Leary
        OC Paradis
        RG Nelson
        RT Mcglinchey

that looks like it could isntantly be one of the best lines in the nfl.
        Imo if you somehow managed to get both ND boys you don’t mess up their chemistry on the left side. Leary was one of the best RG in football last year so he is fine where he is at. Only person I would move is Bolles

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          Imo if you somehow managed to get both ND boys you don’t mess up their chemistry on the left side. Leary was one of the best RG in football last year so he is fine where he is at. Only person I would move is Bolles
          neslon can play both sides while leary is a better at LG.

plus mcglinchey is a good RT or LT look at his tape with stanley there. i feel that set up would be our best but in the end it is all about putting them in the position to do there best. i mean if you remember Leary was came here to be an LG and moved to RG cause Garcia couldn't play ti
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Endaround View Post
            Quenton Nelson gets drafted by the Cowboys.
            I wonder if Nelson would be a good fit for us. Denver tends to take the smaller athletic run blocking lineman while teams like New England take the bigger, slower pass blockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
              I wonder if Nelson would be a good fit for us. Denver tends to take the smaller athletic run blocking lineman while teams like New England take the bigger, slower pass blockers.
              nelson is good at everything and he is a good athlete and big and powerful in the pass the blocking

i do feel your incorrect though you need need some sort of athletic abilitys for pass blocking. or the rushers in the nfl will dominate expecially guys like geno atkins or Aaron donald.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                nelson is good at everything and he is a good athlete and big and powerful in the pass the blocking

i do feel your incorrect though you need need some sort of athletic abilitys for pass blocking. or the rushers in the nfl will dominate expecially guys like geno atkins or Aaron donald.
                Nelson said he’d play all 5 positions. Dang - impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                  There isn't a scheme that Nelson won't thrive in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                    There isn't a scheme that Nelson won't thrive in.
                    Defensive scheme jk 🥁<— (drum emoji. Not sure if it shows on this site. )

Comment

• Nelson is in the BPA mix and fits position if need. We start 5 OL and we don’t really have much to boast of... Leary is solid and Bolles flashed potential... But Paradis is a RFA, and coming off injuries. McGovern best served as insurance at OC/OG.... Beyond this, we don’t have much.

Draft Nelson, and we should be sit on the interior... we should have 5/6ths of OL set for some time.

Nelson is a draft, plug in and start player from Day-1. He’ll make Keenum better and the running game better. It’s both a safe pick and a HR pick.

Plus, he’ll set the tone and attitude for the offense. QBs hate interior rush and Nelson will help with that...

Trust me, we’ll never regret drafting Nelson.

Comment

• If we want Case Keenum to play as well or better than he did last season we should commit to solidifying this oline. Get Nelson, then come back in round 2 and take Orlando Brown. Run game will become much more consistent and protection should hold up much better than it has the past few seasons.

It wouldn’t be a sexy draft but it would show a commitment to physicality and I think it’d give us the most bang for our buck IMO.

Comment

• Apparently Elway is dead set on filling our needs via the draft, because he is holding onto moldy money while every other team in our division is improving during free agency. Guard isn’t an immediate need, Leary and McGovern are perfectly capable. So I doubt John takes Nelson. We need a punter, maybe that will be Johns pick? At this point it’s laughabke what he isn’t doing to improve this roster. I quit caring when he retained Joseph, worst HC in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            Apparently Elway is dead set on filling our needs via the draft, because he is holding onto moldy money while every other team in our division is improving during free agency. Guard isn’t an immediate need, Leary and McGovern are perfectly capable. So I doubt John takes Nelson. We need a punter, maybe that will be Johns pick? At this point it’s laughabke what he isn’t doing to improve this roster. I quit caring when he retained Joseph, worst HC in the NFL.
                            Yes, you really look like you quit caring...

Comment

• Id have to disagree with you on the guard part. I dont feel like leary and conner have it covered. Leary is but id rather have nelson start and conner be the backup for g/c. Watching nelsons athletic ability, id have no problem trying him at tackle either.
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                                Id have to disagree with you on the guard part. I dont feel like leary and conner have it covered. Leary is but id rather have nelson start and conner be the backup for g/c. Watching nelsons athletic ability, id have no problem trying him at tackle either.
                                Nelson right now is a better left tackle than bolles lol

Comment

Working...
                                X