Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because he's the best player in the draft. Closest thing to a can't-miss that there is

Comment

• I don't think Denver will be going after Nelson.......

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...at-guard-2018/

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        I don't think Denver will be going after Nelson.......

Yea USA Today opinion pieces are money lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SaltySnipes View Post
          Yea USA Today opinion pieces are money lol
          On Line USA Today website is nothing but a Joke to get any real news from.

Comment

• Looks like a click bait piece.
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              Looks like a click bait piece.

LOL Dam Click Baits almost as bad a Cat Fishing lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                Lol - I get my other good Broncos gossip from Reddit, not USA Today

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  I tend to agree but it is quoted via Mike Klis

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                    Id have to disagree with you on the guard part. I dont feel like leary and conner have it covered. Leary is but id rather have nelson start and conner be the backup for g/c. Watching nelsons athletic ability, id have no problem trying him at tackle either.
                    Can never have enough depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      I don't think Denver will be going after Nelson.......

The only concern I have about Nelson is his ability to move around on these outside run plays we've been doing the past twenty years. That being said, I agree with whoever said that we need to be committed to protecting Keenum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hph5 View Post
                        The only concern I have about Nelson is his ability to move around on these outside run plays we've been doing the past twenty years. That being said, I agree with whoever said that we need to be committed to protecting Keenum.
                        Watch one of his highlight vids on youtube. They used him as a pulling guard quite a bit so i dont see a problem there or with strength. Dude just mauls people
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I like Quinton Nelson and I like him at #5. However, Denver has 67 players currently under contract including eleven O-Linemen. They need at least fifteen for TC. A third team O-Line is already on the roster. I think they need at least two starting O-Linemen from the draft, and in order to get those they need to be selected no later than the second round.

IMO Denver should trade back with Buffalo. That would probably give Denver #12, #22, #53 or #56 and probably #96 and maybe a pick next year. The three extra picks would be in the top 100 giving Denver two picks in the first round, two in the second round and three in the third round for a total of thirteen (plus two in the 4th, three in the 5th and one 6th) The extra picks could be used at that spot, traded for players, to trade up or trade for picks next year)

This would enable the Broncos to address not only the O-Line, but almost all other positions on both sides of the ball as well. Even if all thirteen picks were used this year, that would bring the roster to eighty. The other ten would be trades, free agents or UDFAs (e.g., a Punter) Denver's roster already has plenty of UDFAs most of whom have at least a year of NFL experience, so the Draft could be used to raise the talent level of the TC roster. Competition brings out the best and separates the wheat from the chaff.

With seven picks in the top 100 plus #s 106 and 109, the Broncos could conceivably get Mike McGlinchey, Will Hernandez, Terrell Crosby and/or Wyatt Teller plus players at other positions like Equanimeous St. Brown, Rashaad Penny, Kyle Lauletta, B.J. Hill, Shaquem Griffin, Fred Warner, Anthony Averett, Jessie Bates III or Dane Cruikshank. If more picks in the top 100 are desired the three fifth round picks (#142, #160 and #163) and the sixth (#182) could be used to trade back up.

Some are frustrated by Denver not signing more free agents. The cheapest way to infuse more talent is through the Draft, and the best way to do that is through as many picks in the top 100 as possible. Players with high draft grades always slide down if, for no other reason than a run on players at a certain position. They are there, but often an interested team can't pull the trigger because it's not their turn to pick. Normally, a team has three picks in the first three rounds. If Denver can trade back with Buffalo, they have the opportunity to have more than twice that number.

Just a thought. :2cents:
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            I like Quinton Nelson and I like him at #5. However, Denver has 67 players currently under contract including eleven O-Linemen. They need at least fifteen for TC. A third team O-Line is already on the roster. I think they need at least two starting O-Linemen from the draft, and in order to get those they need to be selected no later than the second round.

IMO Denver should trade back with Buffalo. That would probably give Denver #12, #22, #53 or #56 and probably #96 and maybe a pick next year. The three extra picks would be in the top 100 giving Denver two picks in the first round, two in the second round and three in the third round for a total of thirteen (plus two in the 4th, three in the 5th and one 6th) The extra picks could be used at that spot, traded for players, to trade up or trade for picks next year)

This would enable the Broncos to address not only the O-Line, but almost all other positions on both sides of the ball as well. Even if all thirteen picks were used this year, that would bring the roster to eighty. The other ten would be trades, free agents or UDFAs (e.g., a Punter) Denver's roster already has plenty of UDFAs most of whom have at least a year of NFL experience, so the Draft could be used to raise the talent level of the TC roster. Competition brings out the best and separates the wheat from the chaff.

With seven picks in the top 100 plus #s 106 and 109, the Broncos could conceivably get Mike McGlinchey, Will Hernandez, Terrell Crosby and/or Wyatt Teller plus players at other positions like Equanimeous St. Brown, Rashaad Penny, Kyle Lauletta, B.J. Hill, Shaquem Griffin, Fred Warner, Anthony Averett, Jessie Bates III or Dane Cruikshank. If more picks in the top 100 are desired the three fifth round picks (#142, #160 and #163) and the sixth (#182) could be used to trade back up.

Some are frustrated by Denver not signing more free agents. The cheapest way to infuse more talent is through the Draft, and the best way to do that is through as many picks in the top 100 as possible. Players with high draft grades always slide down if, for no other reason than a run on players at a certain position. They are there, but often an interested team can't pull the trigger because it's not their turn to pick. Normally, a team has three picks in the first three rounds. If Denver can trade back with Buffalo, they have the opportunity to have more than twice that number.

Just a thought. :2cents:
                            I would be 100% ok with that draft
                            sigpic

Comment

• Trading back with the Bills would be great and a no brainer but it obviously depends on whether they would want to or not. I think the Bills will trade into the top 5 for a QB but if they can jump to 2 or 4 then they won't need our pick.

I would be happy trading down 5-7 places with a team for their 2nd, this would still give us plenty of options and in an ideal world we would come away with McGlinchey

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                IMO Denver should trade back with Buffalo. That would probably give Denver #12, #22, #53 or #56 and probably #96 and maybe a pick next year.
                                It will be complicated to find a trade partner after the trade between the Colts and the Jets. Before that trade, the Broncos were an ideal trading partner because we were ahead of the Jets.

At this point, why would a team give a king's ransom to the Broncos? Picks #6 to #10 have all the 5 teams with their QBs set: Colts, Bucs, Bears, 49ers, Raiders.

After those teams, we finally have the Dolphins with a reported interest in Mayfield. Then we have the Bills at #12 and Cardinals at #15 looking for a QB. If those 2 teams, maybe 3 because of the Dolphins, are battling for a QB, they will have to guess how high they must go to beat the others.

Ideally, they would probably like to have the #2 pick to get ahead of the Jets, but the price may be too much. If they believe getting the #7 or #8 pick will be enough, then making the trade becomes difficult for the Broncos because it will be cheaper to trade with the Bucs or Bears.

The Bears are probably crazy to trade down after giving all those picks to move up for Trubisky.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X