Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Buffalo trades with Denver it will be because they simply want a top 5 pick QB without a particular one in mind. At pick 5, anyone who wants a QB will have to be satisfied with Lamar Jackson or the 4th best QB. This is why the Jets trade for the 3rd pick was not very well done at all. If the Giants feel the need to pick a QB or trade out with anyone interested, then the Jets are forced to take the 3rd best QB which may or may not be the guy they really wanted.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
      This is why the Jets trade for the 3rd pick was not very well done at all. If the Giants feel the need to pick a QB or trade out with anyone interested, then the Jets are forced to take the 3rd best QB which may or may not be the guy they really wanted.
      Obviously, the Jets already have an idea of what will happen and which QB they will get at #3. Just like the Eagles already knew the Rams were taking Goff when they made the trade to #2 for Wentz. The Jets either know the Giants will stay there and won't take a QB or they are prepared to get the 3rd QB if necessary, which does not mean he will be the #3 QB on their board. The Jets might have Mayfield or Allen as the QB1.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Obviously, the Jets already have an idea of what will happen and which QB they will get at #3. Just like the Eagles already knew the Rams were taking Goff when they made the trade to #2 for Wentz. The Jets either know the Giants will stay there and won't take a QB or they are prepared to get the 3rd QB if necessary, which does not mean he will be the #3 QB on their board. The Jets might have Mayfield or Allen as the QB1.
        I still don't think moving that far up was worth it for a guy who may not be the #1 on their board. With the eagles, there was at least the assurance of knowing they would have one of the two top QB prospects. But with a team as depleted of talent as the Jets are, they needed those round two picks like fish need water. Other questionable decisions have arisen as well. They just signed McCown and Bridgewater to one year deals, and now are giving up all these day two picks to get a QB? To me this comes off as a desperation move because their front office is on its last legs.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Shaun O'hara said if the Giants have a choice between Barkley and Nelson, he would pick Nelson.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            Shaun O'hara said if the Giants have a choice between Barkley and Nelson, he would pick Nelson.
            Personally I think the Giants would be crazy to pass on a QB. They have Manning with 1-2 years left and pick #2. This is the perfect opportunity to address his replacement with a top prospect and let him learn for a year or 2.

If EM retires next offseason or has regressed even more and they are picking 10-15 it will be tough to find a QB.

I like Nelson but over a potential franchise QB.......... not sure about that

Comment

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              Personally I think the Giants would be crazy to pass on a QB. They have Manning with 1-2 years left and pick #2. This is the perfect opportunity to address his replacement with a top prospect and let him learn for a year or 2.

If EM retires next offseason or has regressed even more and they are picking 10-15 it will be tough to find a QB.

I agree. He was saying that Eli has a couple good years left. I don't think I agree on that
              sigpic

Comment

I agree, the Giants are wasting an opportunity to find their future if they don't pick a QB. I'm fairly positive Jets contacted the Giants about a trade up, but could only land a trade with the Colts instead. That tells me the Giants are definitely looking at a QB position they feel wouldn't be around by pick 6.

As for us, I'm not sure a franchise QB is available by pick 5, or at least the guy we like. At any rate, he would sit for a year or two under Keenum, and under those circumstances, a day one starter would help us more.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Agreed, but for the record I don't think the Giants take a QB. I can see them taking Barkley.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                    It will be complicated to find a trade partner after the trade between the Colts and the Jets. Before that trade, the Broncos were an ideal trading partner because we were ahead of the Jets.

At this point, why would a team give a king's ransom to the Broncos? Picks #6 to #10 have all the 5 teams with their QBs set: Colts, Bucs, Bears, 49ers, Raiders.

After those teams, we finally have the Dolphins with a reported interest in Mayfield. Then we have the Bills at #12 and Cardinals at #15 looking for a QB. If those 2 teams, maybe 3 because of the Dolphins, are battling for a QB, they will have to guess how high they must go to beat the others.

Ideally, they would probably like to have the #2 pick to get ahead of the Jets, but the price may be too much. If they believe getting the #7 or #8 pick will be enough, then making the trade becomes difficult for the Broncos because it will be cheaper to trade with the Bucs or Bears.

The Bears are probably crazy to trade down after giving all those picks to move up for Trubisky.
                    Sure, all that you say is quite true; a trade with Buffalo would be a negotiation based on a number of factors external to the trade itself. After the Jets traded up to #3, the utility of a trade down with Buffalo probably decreased by about half.

Do you think the Jets may have tried to trade with the Giants before they approached Indy? I'm inclined to think that Cleveland (based on past experiences) and the Giants won't trade down. How many QBs will go in the top four picks? I'm thinking at least two, maybe three and possibly four.

Denver should have something in place so that, depending on who goes where, Buffalo can trade up if one of the QBs they like is still there. In the QB Dept. the Bills have Nathan Peterman and A.J. McCarron. I believe they might want one of those top four QBs. Denver should wait until Day One of The Draft to see who falls to them. I doubt if Saquon Barkley would be there, but what would Denver do if he was? That would be interesting.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Agreed, but for the record I don't think the Giants take a QB. I can see them taking Barkley.
                      I see the Giants taking Rosen. It’s a pass happy league and drafting the successor to Manning who is just about done and drafting this high, I think it’s a given.

Comment

• Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                        I see the Giants taking Rosen. It’s a pass happy league and drafting the successor to Manning who is just about done and drafting this high, I think it’s a given.
                        I do agree because the QB class next year is not that good better get one now n hope he pans out

Comment

• Nelson’s player comparison on his Draft Profile is Larry Allen, that is about as big of a complement as you can get as an Olineman
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                            If Buffalo trades with Denver it will be because they simply want a top 5 pick QB without a particular one in mind. At pick 5, anyone who wants a QB will have to be satisfied with Lamar Jackson or the 4th best QB. This is why the Jets trade for the 3rd pick was not very well done at all. If the Giants feel the need to pick a QB or trade out with anyone interested, then the Jets are forced to take the 3rd best QB which may or may not be the guy they really wanted.
                            Different teams have different opinions on who THEY think the best QB is. Some still say Darnold. Some say Allen. Some say Rosen. So YOUR 4th best QB and someone else's 4th best QB may be different players.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• That one block he does where he sees the blitzing defender and comes across the line to make the block is just sickening....in a great way
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X